AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce™ GTX 670 JS
    I would like to test out the v4.21a due to it's superior performance.
    I am not using AA for my SC2. So, it ain't a problem for me.

2. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    gonna try c out seen as though i play alot of bc2 also checked out dragons age and i might as well wait for the ultimate edition to come out which includes all dlc and expancion packs,

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Downloading Build A.
    Will test tomorrow when i get my new mobo and memos

Thanks for the excellent work man!

PS: As a side note. If ppl want speed but AA on SC2, just use RadeonPro.

PS2: Also, i just saw you are some kind of "legend" at NFORCERSHQ.
    Dind't noticed till i saw (again after 2 years) your name there in the nForce IDE Driver cleaner xD

4. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    @ TwL

Whic set recommend to play Battlefield BC2 and Dirt 2, i only play this tow games right now

Bye and thanks for all the effor u put in every new build

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @MerolaC

Well, I did there so many months of benchmarking on nforce 430 and multiple other nforce boards 'Fernando 1' most of kept me in books(wow, seems his moderator these days there) and later on added
    SoundMAX ADI and RealTek sound driver sections and did a minor testing on NVIDIA network adapter drivers on nforcersHQ, but they changed the forum
    style and I really dislike the new forum styles which made reading and writing clean really hard. So, didn't do much after forums changed.

@commonly

Just wanted to give you guys a bit options which to try and while at it some clean builds where there's no attempt to create an miracles, but simply use an 'good driver'. Ideally when I have an issue with an game here these are the kind of stable builds I use for testing new games. Also to show in real sense these 3 packs that there's an huge difference between 2 of the driver modules we are using there. That is the turn point when 'maybe working' turns to Jimmy Hoffa.

-edit-

hmm, if someone missed the post on experimental builds. It's RIGHT HERE from last page. Let me know how they go on.. Shouldn't give much of an trouble.

6. these experimental drivers are meant for single card users though right? not crossfire + physx users like myself?...

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yep, they are for single card users only. They are missing crossfirex mods, but I tested today one HD4 CFX I think I can improve the 4.70a quite a bit.

8. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    I'm running 4.21a's and they are still excellent for all they have no crossfire mods in place. Crossfire has been very good with official drivers since 10.8 on both Dx9 and 10 so I thought I'd give these a blast as they are the most stable.

9. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Code:
    BF:BC2 Fraps Tests

ATI Official 10.9a Hotfix
    Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
      9056,     60000, 113, 201, 150.933

genetix_eye470b-x64
      9945,     60000, 121, 201, 165.750

genetix_exp421a-x64 (4890 single card, CFX disabled)
      7788,     60000, 101, 172, 129.800

genetix_exp421a-x64
      9906,     60000, 126, 201, 165.100

genetix_exp421b-x64
      9940,     60000, 127, 201, 165.667

genetix_exp421c-x64
      9448,     60000, 119, 201, 157.467

genetix_expWhore-x64 (you know what I mean)
      9840,    60000, 122, 201, 164.000

All have the screen flickering black bars in BC2 Valparaiso map (some maps have no flickering) except official 10.9a and your genetix_hd34v108-x64 (10.5a based). I disabled CrossFireX with genetix_exp421a-x64 and the flickering stopped. I know genetix_exp421 are not for HD4xxx CFX but i'm still a drivers whore. :pipe:

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @Von Dach

Well, not an perfect. ATI driver team is still taking me to school on their newest ones a bit, but not long and I get the primary Final Builds in 'fraps' ;P

11. mercury_22

mercury_22 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7770
  12. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380
    for the moment i use the 4.20 driver, works very well.
    i think they're a little more stable with OC too (don't know if you can confirm that point ?)

i have a question, @TwL :

with your latest drivers, can we install the 'problematic' MS updates ?
    or is it better to not install them like with drivers 3.9x ?
    (i mean : KB2032276, KB2160329, KB2286198, KB2347290)

:eyes:

13. VIPet

VIPet New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-1024Mb
    The instruction on modification of drivers that they didn't check adapter type (a sound goes even through a cable dvi2hdmi) how to get and install the modified driver equally both for Vista and for ХР therefore this moment two times I will not describe (a unique difference for ХР the driver is called ati2mtag.sys for whists atikmdag.sys, therefore for whists there will be only an information as to search and on what to change, remaining also as well as for ХР)
    Modification of the driver for ХР 32 bits
    1) To begin with we pull out the driver ati2mtag.sys from windows\system32\drivers if the driver is already installed or it is possible to take from the distribution kit catalist, having launched setting Catalist having waited its unpackings and then to cancel install and in a folder where Catalist was unpacked we search for a file ati2mtag.sy_ is unpacked by its command expand ati2mtag.sy_ ati2mtag.sys and the unpacked driver is received.
    Further we download what or HEX the editor (for example WinHEX) and we load in it of fire wood (ati2mtag.sys) there search we search
    2) a following combination byte
    8BFF558BEC83EC14568B750C85F674
    The following byte after 74 is reduced by two i.e. if there there was 24 that inscribed 22 (consider that here HEX system of numeration and 20-2 at all 18, and 1Е)
    After have made this change we look hardly further on the code and the byte (it there will be very much nearby) is found a following combination
    FFFFFF85C0

After 85С0 it is replaced following 4 bytes on 33С04090

3) after that it is saved the changed file is swung this aaplet msigner launched it there just changed file is opened and we speak sign after that the driver is ready to the use
    To install it it is possible or having thrown in the distribution kit catalist beforehand having erased there ati2mtag.sy_ and then to reinstall каталист or to boot from other system or LiveCD and to replace with it that that is in windows\system32\drivers and in windows\system32\dllcache after the given manipulations all should earn with any adapter dvi2hdmi
    Modification for Vista 32-bit
    1st and 3rd points as well as for ХР except for a title of a file of the driver
    2) search we search for a following combination byte
    8BFF558BEC83EC14568B750C85F6
    Following 4 bytes it is replaced on
    33C04090 also it is saved patch the driver.
    You can find the driver in this post which completely is disaccustomed to check of type of an explorer and the sound will go through any even not native adapter
    The link for VistaX32 http://forum.radeon.ru/viewtopic.php?p=530691#530691
    The link for ХРx32 http://forum.radeon.ru/viewtopic.php?p=531248#531248
    The link for Vista/Windows7 x64 http://forum.radeon.ru/viewtopic.php?p=574620#574620

It is the instruction works to catalist 9.9. I couldn't find the described combination in new versions of drivers byte.

14. VIPet

VIPet New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-1024Mb
    In old versions of drivers on procedure sub_1B9B12 on its input goes ID an adapter from 3000th series and still what dial-up of parameters on an output it gives 0 if the adapter isn't present or it not native, 1 if an adapter correct and 2 if adapter ATI, but not from that series I its beginning patch here so.
    That is it anyway produces at once 1 on an output. This procedure is caused 4 times on all file on xref to view not difficult. I on it have quitted starting to look that for procedures use rigidly prohand-written ID an adapter.
    I hope you will understand an electronic translator. ((

15. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Gonna try v4.21a, I'll let any feedback know.

16. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    is 470b, better than amd's 10.9a...??? or i should wait for something else coming next..??

17. junior_clk

junior_clk Member

Twl: Should I use for a 4870x2 the single card version or the CFX version (1 monitor)

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    This could be on the HD4. Since all testing here and people are still saying
    that v1.00/1.08 works better than the new, but I though 10.8b/10.9a were here to solve these issues on HD4 cards. :3eyes:

Yes you can, but do so in system state that there is no graphic driver in the system. Update Normal June 2010 DirectX first and then update > reboot > and then install the drivers would be ideal scenario.

I did read this now twice, but I am having a bit hard time to understand the english, but...

As far I now understood someone on radeon ru was able to pull down an hack that radeon drivers doesn't check display adapter type then unmask it and then
    used it in new installation. So, issues is at driver level and it would need me to find/mask the new code from CCC 10.5-10.9.

Well, the good news is v9.9 (IF this is the driver v9.4 as the amdkmdag9.4.rar 'Windows 7' states is not same deal) is still on 'new' driver series. So, it is certainly possible. If I can understand what codepath this 'radeon.ru' fellow changed in
    the code I can sure trace it to 'new drivers'. Drivers haven't changed 1 byte since 10.4 WHQL, but it's gonna take some time until I take this matter on
    testing. Plus I am missing needed equipment to test functionality. So, would have to setup some new display setups here to even begin with.

Will, try on some point need to take a look myself on the actual file and needs testing.

It's tested against HD5 QuadFireX EyeFinity should be just fine.

Can't understand your view/attitude here. Hell, it's 5 minutes for you to reboot couple times and test while several days for me to build plus took 3 days to test it.

Hell, use the official drivers, if you feel like it's too much for you.

No, You should choose either between Final Build v4.70b or Experimental version couple pages back v4.21a-b. Depending a bit what you are playing DX10 edition of BF:BC2 for example would be best with 4.21b for the moment.

@commonly

* Added ATI Official website link on first page. Decided that why not have it there anyway behind my modded builds. Nice to have all options on same page.

Will, not be building fixes for the moment. So, current ones are what we heve to work with for as long as I get the v4.20b and v4.70a updated next.

19. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    TwL you are doing an immense work to help us enthusiasts. Hats off to the master <3

20. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    4.70b doesn't play nice with bioshock 2 and mafia 2 ..I had three times 'game stopped working' so far ..never had that before with those two games