ATi Catalyst 10.9 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    First thing I would try doing is uninstalling all of your codecs (including MPC) so you are left with your bog standard WMP.

Then try installing the Combined Community Codec Pack... http://www.cccp-project.net/

Then under the MPC options make sure VMR9 Renderless is selected if you are using Windows XP or EVR if you are using Vista or 7.

As for the Internal Filters I will send you a message later with a screenshot of the correct settings (as I am at work but I leave soon).

As with regards to your drivers...Uninstall 10.8, reboot, run Driver Sweeper, reboot and install Catalyst 10.9 and reboot.

It could be something as simple as the driver...IIRC I couldn't run two monitors on 10.8 because some numpty at ATI programmed the tele to run at the wrong refresh rate.

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well i did all of those things no go :(

so i guess i need to reinstall the drivers, this crap started the day he installed them

3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Definitely sounds like drivers then, follow my method for uninstalling 10.8 and installing 10.9 in my above post. :)

EDIT - Also we haven't set the Internal Filters correctly yet... I'll send you a screenshot within 2 hours.

Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  4. js01

js01 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk
    Back to 10.4a for me horrible fps loss with every driver past them far cry 2 average fps went from 67 to 52. lol

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    In answer to my own question: Yes, ATI have now added AA support for LEGO Harry Potter so you no longer need to use RadeonPro and its BiAHH AA profile to force it. :D

I have to say that is outstanding even if few people will ever use it. I reported this to ATI a couple of months ago and told them of the workaround for AA but I never expected them to actually add support for it. My respect for ATI has just increased for that reason alone and it is further proof that they DO take note of suggestions from their Catalyst Feedback Form.

*EDIT*

What is puzzling though is why ATI made no mention of this or the other profiles they added in the release notes. Seems odd to go to the effort of fixing/improving something and then not bothering to tell anyone it has been done. :3eyes:

6. EaglePC

EaglePC Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5700
    went out got me a geforce gtx 470

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Nice !! Thank you for adding something relevant to this thread.

8. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Enjoy your new card, don't forget to tell how it's running :)

9. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    still no mobile drivers ? ;>

10. Hana88

Hana88 Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    and you never have it... because catalyst maker said you have 2 wait for catalyst 10.10 :p

11. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    oke then i never buy any amd or ati hardware again :p

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    has anyone tried these with Just Cause 2.. any improvement over 10.8??

13. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    You are being supremely dumb, you really think Dell are going to outfit a medium price LCD screen with true 10bit colour screen when it costs $1000 extra? Answer No they aren't. Your monitor can process 10bit internally but it cannot display 10bit on its screen since it is just an H-IPS monitor. So yes there is a slightly better accuracy vs one which doesn't process 10bits internally but that is all. Go buy a FirePro and try enabling 10bit colour support on your monitor if you don't believe me. Then please come back and apologise. Or you could take the cheaper option and actually read some monitor reviews for your model so you don't come across as retarded.

14. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Well, of course, I am not absolutely sure that I am right. But my statements are as solid as yours.
    Yes, it is weird that they sell a display like this for a price like this but the story won't sound like a fairytale anymore when you read some forums and find that many of these displays have serious quality problems (very inhomogeneous panels, misguided factory calibration, other problems with older firmwares, etc -> I picked up a pre-checked specimen for a little extra tip. :nerd:).
    But let's see my arguments:
    - Dell stated that it can visualize 10 bit. (And it works with 12 bit internal precision, by the way...) ---> Am I really as dumb if I believe in their statements? May be, but...
    - EIZO used a very similar (or the same - and HEY! Did Dell get the inhomogeneous and broken panels while EIZO used the better ones...? Anyone...?) LG H-IPS panel for a professional 10 bit display. (Of couse, EIZO let you rewrite those 12 bit internal LUTs which are locked in the U2410's controller). ---> So, can your cheap H-IPS technology produce 10 bit visualization? May be...
    - The ArgyllCMS calibration software guessed 10 bit effective LUT precision and the Monitor Asset Manager said that I have 10 bit/color connection between the VGA and the display. (Of course, it doesn't say anything about the framebuffering and the display mode, which is clearly looks 8 bit now.) ---> Do I need more proofs?
    - The grayscale is very nice after the VGA LUT calibration (even if I chose strange targets, like gamma 2.35 or Rec709 curve). There is no banding. It cannot be as good as it is if I don't have 10 bit connection between the VGA LUT and the display. (And they are limiting the display modes only, the rounding from the VGA LUT is a hardware level thing...)
    - And yes! I actually know somebody (in person) who tested these displays (U2410 with theoretically 12 bit internal controller and theoretically 10 bit visualization AND HP LP2475w with the same LG H-IPS panel with 10 bit internal controller and theoretically 10 bit visualization!) with a FirePro card and he said that these displays behaved much better after he enabled the 10 bit mode in the FirePro drivers. (He actually suggested me to get a FirePro for my new U2410.) ---> But yes, may be he is retarded too because he is fool enough to talk with me... YES! :banana:

I have a lot of proofs that U2410 is able to work in 10 bit/color RGB display modes. They came from both internal and external sources. (Dell itself, real people, other review sites, etc.) But the only objection came from external sources (like spyre, you, some other review sites, etc.)
    Honestly, what should I believe now? :infinity:

Even if I am wrong and the U2410 doesn't really support 10 bit/color display modes, don't I deserve a little friendlier answer and more professional justification than "Hahhh! Poor idiot! Did you really think you have a 10 bit display? I am really sorry that your mother dropped you on your head!"

I wanted clarification but I received some arrogant smoke-screening. :biggun: And what is better: It seems that everybody else ate it like a chocolate cake! (Yes, you...)

But yes, I am not sure... I want answers, but better ones! :wanker:

Sorry for the off-topic but I am really mad about this question now.

15. Kanemura

Kanemura Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
    Or you could stop being Chicken Little and download the modded INF file...I mean seriously...

:3eyes:

16. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    :bang:
    GL with waiting for months on a driver update only to see your issue didn't get any attention... Just like with ATI.

17. jula

jula Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT
    The only way I can fix this problem is by disabling DXVA support for SD.

18. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    I don't have problems, generally speaking. If I get artifacts or missing textures, I tend to think it's a software issue, not a driver one.

Since the days of my Voodoo Banshee, never have seen so much complaining about drivers. Has anyone posted any benchmarks? I've been logging and charting these with various tool and these are a damn good set!

19. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Ya I did the same, but I got 2x GTX480, have been running them all day long, not a single issue !

Now I need to find a buyer for my 2 5870

20. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    where ? :p