ATi Catalyst 10.9 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I cant believe they did not fix Warband invisible textures, it is been 4 releases already with no fixes

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Where the hell are the mobile drivers !!?

3. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    ^What he said.

All this complaining about drivers and ive never had an issue in the last 4 years.

Dave

4. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    I don't get it. I've had 1 single issue with ATI drivers in 15+ years, and that was because my new 5970 is an Engineering Sample that uses a different memory controller than the rest - and it was a simple fix.

Count me in as one of the "No Problems To Report" guys yet again...

Seems lots of people have issues that cause them to go to the other side...and it works BOTH ways - just visit the nVidia forums!

Now, by no means am I sticking up for either side...neither are perfect, both have their issues...I'm just saying that I, along with several others here at Guru3D, must be some of the lucky ones.

Psychlone

5. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    From his twitter:

"CatalystMaker: There is no Catalyst Mobility 10.9. Use 10.8, until 10.10 is ready"

6. Mr Dohz

Mr Dohz Active Member

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    sorry if i'm slow , is this the WHQL driver ?

7. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Yes :)

8. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    So any improvement in fps with 10.9 ?

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Is it safe to use the Modified Inf of 10.9 on the mobility ?

or i shouldn't do that, cause it's enough that Laptop Asus G73JH has it's own problems, new driver gonna do wonderful on it.
    On this laptop you need the newest and greatest drivers, cause i play the newest games, see movies and everything you can imagine.

10. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    No problems, yet. Though it seems bad company 2 performance is down to drain with these. I get really bad fps sometimes, never happened before.

11. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    try using 10.9a, is a more complete package and bigger...but you will have less fps in some games...in the favor of stability and 0 issues...everything works more stable on games with the latest one... ;):biggun:

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I see that LEGO Harry Potter has had a profile added to it in the 10.9 drivers according to this link:

http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/ati-catalyst-profiles/

Anyone know what it does? Can you force AA now and does CrossFireX work properly? Or are you all far too grown up to admit to playing LEGO games? ;)

13. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Ok that's it !

I'm going to the market right now to get me 2 GTX480 to replace my 2 5870!

AMD this is so over ! :bang:

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    can a driver be responsible for mkv. artifact corruption?

anyone?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb

I can't believe it! I reported this problem and they fixed it.

Unbelievable after they made me very angry here: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=139483&enterthread=y#top
    I asked about the possibility of the 10 bit/color RGB modes for capable consumer level hardwares and consumer level softwares (the only limitation exists in softwares because the 10 bit/color mode is a privilege of the professional SKUs now - but I want to watch Blu-Ray movies on my PC, I won't buy a professional VGA to do it and enjoy the capabilities of my other consumer level hardwares...). But a moderator closed my thread right after he replied with false informations. I send him a private message with further details but he is still completely ignoring me. Very annoying. :banana:
    (He said that my question is meaningless because "You don't have a 10 bit display." But, yes, I have! Frak you, arrogant, ignorant.... *******!)

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @janos666 - Without wishing to get drawn into an argument, the Dell U2410 monitor you have is listed as having an 8-bit panel with 10-bit internal processing on this professional review site here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

As for spyre... yes, he does come across as fiercely loyal to ATI at times, sometimes to the point of appearing a bit blunt/rude, but his posts are usually accurate IMO even if it isn't always what you want to hear.

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    can a driver be responsible for mkv. artifact corruption?
    darren..

18. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    pls guys does anyone know, can a ati driver cause mkv playback artifacts issue in MPC

19. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Calm down fella, we don't sit on this forum 24/7 and the timing between your posts would suggest otherwise. :)

I was using a HD4850 two weeks ago before I moved to Nvidia and from what I can remember it was always flawless.

First things first...have you changed the settings in MPC to enable hardware acceleration?

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well this is the thing sorry for the rush post my friend has the prob not me and he is nagging me to no end..

he is using the latest version of mpc, and he used 10.4 drivers.

the other day he installed 10.8 drivers and a funny thing happened

he was watching batman begins 1080p with no problems, and the he started to watch the dark knight and the MPC crashed.

he open the movie again and got random artifact, blocky picture green blocks and so on.

the sec funny thing is that only some mkv files are affected not all.

i removed the Klite codec pack and installed the entire packade again and the same thing happens. it is totally random last for about 5 sec and goes away.

so i am wondering can a driver cause this behaviour

and yes he uses ffdshowdxva external codec to enable gpu acc, the same thing happens on mp-hc internal codec.

ouh and all avi files are ok just mkv and mp4 are bad (not all)
    he is using 4870 cat 10.8 win 7 64bit