ATi Catalyst 10.8 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Now thats funny.. coming from a guy who often dismisses peoples posts as "irrelevant".

2. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    The only difference between ATI and nVidia, that the last sometimes reads its own forum and feedback and fixes founded bugs. That's why ATI users had to share their experience in fixing bugs, because our marvelous products are not well supported.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't know why those are reporting the issues, as those drivers are always a buggy mess, you have to use them at your own risk, they are unfinished, thats why they are getting those bugs, so their own fault for using Nvidia's buggy messed drivers, they should wait for their proper ones, their finsihed WHQL's. :D

If only we had that luxury, as our buggy messed drivers, are our fully finished WHQL's, and thats all the drivers we get :p

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  4. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    I dunno whether other HD 5850 users got this problem with Cat 10.8 as well, but I got this after installed Cat 10.8 When still using Cat 10.5, and OCed my card to 750/1100, I don't see any artifacts come up when playing BFBC 2 at FUll HD res, 4x AA, 4x AF and rest settings maxed out. But when using Cat 10.8 on same Shader/Memory clock (750/1100) and same in-game settings, the white artifacts come out as hell (in some part of game, only few appears, on the "Force Multiplier" parts (after the scalar weapon on the plane test-fired), the artifacts come out almost everywhere). Did anybody of you guys facing this issue? :(

5. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Forgot to tell, that's when I was playing on singleplayer mode :)

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It is irrelevant because the drivers will be made official after the nda Monday, Sept 13, 2010. Now that's funny :)

Lets not forget that they don't have a WHQL "driver schedule". They are released when they are released. In this case they just got them early. They will be made official this monday and should be made available directly from nvidia. Therefore, making any complaints posted founded. You can look here: http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/graphics/graphics/nvidia-geforce-26062-beta-internal-drivers-leaked
    for proof of that (at the bottom). What I found interesting is that the install process looks similar to how we've been installing Cat driver for sometime now. Looks like AMD install process is the right way to go :D. I wonder if there are any improvements in Cat 10.9? Looking forward to finding out.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  7. qstoffe

qstoffe Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 580 @ stock
    The 10.8 drivers work like crap for my 4870x2. In Starcraft 2 I get low fps and graphical glitches even if I disable Catalyst AI. Even my old 8800GTX performs better in this game. :bang:

8. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Irrelevant to my post. Read my quote again...

That is funny.. just goes to show how often you dismiss peoples threads with irrelevance as you just explained your reply to a post that I didn't even quote. Nice try.

Lets get something straight. Whats irrelevant is your post drumming up Nvidia issues. That has absolutely nothing to do with Cat10.8, ATI Feedback/Forums and whether or not ATI cares about said feedback. Read back a few pages before that. Not one person mentions a single thing about the other side of the fence.... :bang:

Good day sir.

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It obvious has relevance as you've gone out your way to argue more then once to my post(s) regarding drivers from both sides of the fence. Since you now know that 260.52 will be released next week we can observe how people respond to those drivers as some observe the response from drivers on this forum. It's par for the course. While you remain upset to that I see it as one set of drivers really being no better then another in that regard.

Right now we have Cat 10.8, Updated Cap 10.8a and Cat 10.8b (4870X2/4850X2) drivers all within one month along with Twl drivers. Not bad IMO.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    CatalystMaker on twitter

some guy asked Dear @CatalystMaker, would it be possible to keep my HDMI over/underscan settings after I rebooted ? Thanks

CatalystMaker

Yup, use Catalyst 10.7. Not keeping the settings is a known issue in 10.8 and 10.9 will also have it. 10.10 will fix it

-----------------------------------------

What the Hell!!!??? why wait untill 10.10 to fix it????????

what wrong with these people???

end of next month!!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    It's probably one line of code to fix this if not less. They are just **** programmers.
    :pc1:

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Its not about the programmers, its about the time between when they have a driver 'finalised' and submitting it for WHQL. WHQL seems to take around 3 weeks, then you have to consider they have to do internal testing as well. The last thing they'd want is to submit a driver to WHQL and having it rejected! so, you're looking at a month minimum. Its 12 September now, so the 10.9 driver is already submitted! Its only the 10.10 driver that they have a chance to fix the code.

NVidia are no better than ATI in reality, they release drivers and you have no idea what version they will be releasing next week. There may be several months between driver releases, and if there is a bug with your card, you're stuck until the next version! For ATI, you have to realise the time I mentioned earlier, something out of ATI's control!

Also I read somewhere, I have no idea where (without searching :)) or whether its true, but I did read earlier this year ATI are making a 'completely' new driver that will give significant boosts across all supported cards, with proper support for different and new driver features... I'm assuming they were referring to a driver version of 9.xxx as opposed to the current 8.762. Probably to conincide with the Southern Island (or maybe Northern Island) cards...

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't know why they even bother with the stupid WHQL bull**** which is always outdated anyway who the F uses those might as well just release three times a year just for mobile users and other corporate bull?. Just gives us new hotfix releases every few weeks and betas or whatever..

14. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Here you go again with Nvidia drivers... /facepalm

What I'm arguing is that you can be abrasive and sometimes come across as quite an a$$. Maybe you could practice what you preach about..
    Let people say what they have to say.

My 5770's say that I'm neither upset nor could give two cents about Nvidia drivers. Probably explains why I'm in the ATI Drivers Section..

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Posting that users can report problems from either side and implying that you should stop arguing with me is not being abrasive. If you are sensitive about that perhaps you should place me on your ignore list. Furthermore, if you want to argue someone's opinion it's only customary that the person explain their position (which I've done).
    Perhaps you should practice your very own post here. What I've said is that (summary):
    A. People have complained about current drivers on both sides
    B. Don't argue with me, if you have a problem with drivers report them.
    Arguing with me about my opinion and not about the drivers has gotten off topic to the discussion of this thread (something I mentioned earlier, thanks for proving the point). If you have any further concerns you can PM me.

-------
    In any case, from what I read they are working on fixing issues with the current Cat 10.8b. But there is no eta on when it will be released (reading catalsymaker tweet). As for fixing the under/over scan issue I really can't see a reason why they couldn't release a beta drive along with the whql version. Or perhaps they could release a CAP type of update. But I agree that it shouldn't take over a month for them to fix the problem. However, for now at least there is a user made fix.

16. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Hi to all
    I have hd5870 crossfirex with another hd 5870, i have 2 games i want play bad company 2 and starcraft 2.
    My english it's not good, but i just want ask to you what's the best driver fro these games and how i can fix some problems.
    With 10.8 i have good performance with sc2 but bad company 2 crash to desktop and no way to fix this...
    With 10.4 10.5 1.06 and 10.7 sc2 have bug units dissapearing... now someone just can help me a bit? i have spended 700 euros for these cards and i don't want every time disable crossfire for play sc2...
    thanks in advice

17. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I'm afraid at the moment you probably do have to disable crossfire for SC2. The best combination of drivers & profiles I've found is 10.5 using the 10.8 App profiles. Sure you don't get AA in SC2 but I don't mind that, and for BC2 the performance of 10.5 is far better than any of the newer drivers for me.

18. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    why aren't the 10.8 anymore in the game.amd site?

19. Ted Skjellum

Ted Skjellum Member

GPU:
    BC2 with 10.8 WHQL + 10.8 AP still got some NASTY framedrops!

20. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Was wondering can anybody run sandra lite benchmarks after this cat 10.8? Mine just hangs at the splash screen.

edit: nevermind I can confirm it does indeed break sandra lite reinstalled 10.5a and it's working fine again.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010