10.8b Hotfix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dakon, Sep 9, 2010.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    No, the issue was every game I own except a few like Battlefield Bad Company.

Now they all go to 3D clocks, but I now have that stupid glitch.

2. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    all of us x2 have that glitch. i think it this crappy going green to save energy crap that it goes to 500 in 2d and norm for 3d. but anywho my work around works great for me. i keep it full powered all the time.

3. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Not to cause a fueding war guys but just force the clocks.

I force max clocks when I game and just dont bother with the driver war anymore. Really isnt that hard

I dont bother overclocking the X2s, they are damn near at there limits. 50mhz more worth the artifacts? Not to me.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  4. Speedpc

Speedpc Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4Gig
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010

5. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    howd you fix them?

6. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    This scared me...how is possible that all of us have problems and then to one person all went fine?

7. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I didn't even bother trying these. I'll just stick with TwL's until I upgrade the card.

8. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Gonna try these, what if..

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  10. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It pisses me off so much that they don't know about these issues themselves, get with the program fellas. Makes me wonder what the QA process is over there. :3eyes:

11. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    ok guys so i ditched my 275 for 2 vapor x 5770 and i had some of the issues some users here have been complainning, i hope my exp with tweaking helps.

first if you happen to have windows 7 i put in power high performance mode so my proc doesnt under clocks using the eist and c-states and stay in 2.66mhz all the time (or your default proc values)

in the bios settings of my motherboard i disabled the eist and c-states too, for amd users i guess cool and quiet its to be disable.

this seemed to solve the dual gpu utilization (or dual load) problems since all procs are at full speed all the time, remember that crossfire and dual gpus like 4890 need lots of bandwith.

about the clocks speed not returning to to stock speeds after a 3d app has been used, i cant fully solve the problem, but i tested with the FURMARK 1.8 application that has multi gpu support and its seems wen i open the program and close it, it would (when open) run the clocks at 3d speeds, and then wen closed it would set all gpus to the 2d mode clocks. its a work arround ive found anoying, yes, but does the trick until ati can realise a fix.

another thing to be mention is that the catalist AI in the CCC should be @ ADVANCE MODE for dual gpus being this a crossfire setup or a 4890 type of board.

btw i have no oc on my i7 just to try these workarrounds. and i can duplicate the errors without any problems, so i guess its really a bug in the driver. and i dont mean to bash any company, but remember dual gpu settups and 5xxx video cards a real high tech so give it some time to mature, best things in life comes with time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Good info, thanks...
    Also, it appears that the hotfix was updated to include the Hawx 2 AF (through CCC) fix for 3000, 4000 and 5000 series cards.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  13. MuziX

MuziX Guest

2D/3D clocks switches as they should in Dx9 games.
    Dx10 games that I tested (crysis, bc2) had problems:
    Both GPU cores stayed at 2D clocks (thats even worse before this fix)
    Using CCC's profiles I managed to run the Dx10 games with 3D clocks but when closing the game and switching back to 2D clocks, 1 GPU had stuck at 900Mhz mem.

(Removed the old drivers (10.5a) with RevoUninstaller and cleaned registry + leftover files before installing 10.8b.)

Using ATT I managed to get the 2D/3D clocks work properly in Dx10 games.

14. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    how about ati do there job and not brake things when new drivers release for the past 10 years

15. zodden

zodden Guest

Here is what I have found in testing so far.

The mem stays in 3d mode for both GPU's upon game exit.

When in 3d mode the game's I have tested now fully utilize the 2nd GPU. Since that's more important in the long run I am happy they fixed that.

I have run the Company of Heroes performance test on max direct x 10 and got an average of 58.2 FPS.

Bc2: Performance is on par for me with 10.5a all settings max.

I have run a few Direct X 9 games like Warband and Risen and had no problems performance wise. Both GPU's working fine.

Resolution 1920x1080, Vista64

So overall I can't say its that bad- When they fix the Mem not resetting into power save mode upon game exit everything should be fine again :)