F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Great video, even on a large TV it was hard to tell the difference, looks very accurate visually and also gameplay wise.

Just hoping it handles as well as it looks like it does.

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i couldn't agree more.

4. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I think im actually more excited about this than GT5 :banana:(GT5 has been too long in the oven, when i think of it i think of Duke Nukem Forever) IMHO GRID and Dirt2 were an absolute blast to play and i'm hoping this is too, full simulator or not.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Confirmed bug, they will fix it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    gt5s got f1 cars to :p and about 700 other cars. granted i am excited about a next gen f1 game to, if its good, but nothing could kill my excitement for gt5

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Looks amazing, now where do you get that moving seat/wheel combo :D

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    looks very good, but i have a feeling is gonna get very repetitive very quick.. though, i hope not.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Of course its going to get repetitive, thats the point, its not Mario Kart.

Can't say this will be the better choice over GT5 though, while im sure the F1 side of GT5 won't be a patch on this, it will provide better value, and more long term play

10. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    They have a sim like that ;) It's called NetKar Pro.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well driving a real f1 car never would get repetetive :p something like 8 gs accelerating, 4 or 5 under hard braking, going into turns. no race cars accelerate or take turns like formula 1 cars, plus over the course of an f1 season things can change so drastically as teams do countless testing and make design changes to their cars to try and get an edge. hands down one of if not the most expensive race series in the world to try and participate in.

course sitting in your chair even a moving one will not capture the real feeling of being in one of those cars. but there is always multiplayer.

12. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    I think the people saying this will get overshadowed by GT5 are probably right, but bare in mind that Codemasters want to release a new F1 game every year (a la Fifa, NFL, NHL etc etc.) So I think by next September and 9 months of GT5, the demand for another game will have crept back up.

Hopefully they won't release Dirt3 too close to F12011 either, so they can rake in the most dosh :)

13. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I've just been doing a few laps of the recently released MAK Corp F1 07 Mod for RACE, and I've got the thrill of F1 going on in my head.

For those who didn't watch it, the video with Anthony Davidson had a few important points. Call it PR bulls*** if you will, (I do) but he basically said in real life, as a Formula 1 Driver, you do not go to a race track and start messing around with the setups. As a driver, you jump straight in and go basically. So in-depth, advanced setup options will not be included or even that important. He stated in this game, the difference between a good setup and a not so good setup might be ~0.5 seconds. Whether he was exaggerating or just doing some nice PR, I'm not sure.

Another thing is damage and handling. Anthony specifically said he's played enough sims where you go off the track in the first corner and your race is over. Or you bump a car and your wing falls off. While he said this may happen in real life, it makes no fun in a video game. So damage and handling are geared more towards fun (arcade).

But, after watching quite a few videos, I will definitely be buying this one.

The graphics are great. A game is not made with graphics, but if you want to throw some nice stuff in there that add to the immersion then I won't stand up and say no thanks. rFactor, GTR2, RACE, I still play them without thinking twice about the graphics, but it doesn't mean some eye candy isn't nice or needed. Anything that gets me into the game is a bonus.

I don't need full on-sims all the time. I loved Dirt 2, it was a blast to play. If you turn down a game merely because it's not realistic enough for you, then your head is up your arse. No game is purely realistic, and years ago when you started playing racing games, you enjoyed them. But compared to now, those games were s*** too, realism wise.

This game looks fun, it has great graphics compared to the latest F1 offerings, and it looks immersive. It has the option of a full race weekend (2.5 hour race) with great dynamic weather. It's disappointing they've dumbed some things down, but if your an F1 fan, from the videos we've seen, I think you'd be crazy not to get this one.

14. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I heard that the game will lack things like a safety car and random mechanical failures.

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    They need the game to have both realistic and arcade settings and stop trying to make 1 mode to fit all that will just piss off both crowds.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, usually they aim at one or the other....either the game is too arcade for the sim guys or too sim for the arcade guys. It seems hard for them to find the proper balance for everybody. Settings to allow setting to sim or arcade mode would be great.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
  18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, I think it's already hard to bring the experience of a fast normal car or a touring car to someone sitting in front of a PC or console. Even with FF and all sorts of graphical effects you can't give the same feedback you'd have while sitting in the car and driving it yourself.
    If they really had a "realistic" Formula 1 simulation no one would be able to drive it at a decent pace. These cars are razor sharp and have to be toned down a lot to be fun to drive in a game. I'm curious how it will turn out in the end.

19. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    If you turn on all aids in a game like Race 07 or GTR2, then you pretty much have an arcade "feel". I think Simbin was aiming to bring some arcade guys to the Race series when they included the fantasy "Extreme" models. It's the first option in the menu, to jump into a quick race with these fast cars with a lot of grip. When you add the driving aids on top of that then it's pretty much full-on arcade. But without all the other fantasy stuff that arcade games have then it's pretty much useless at drawing in people from that crowd. I also think graphics are important for an arcade racer, and gMotor2 was out-dated when they released Race 07.

Don't tell that to the guys who spend most of their time trying to provide an accurate F1 mod ;). They don't care whether it's fun or not, and neither do the sim guys who play it. A hugely popular game even today is a game called Grand Prix Legends (1967 F1 game), which was released in 1998. The reason it's so popular is because it's so damn hard to drive.

But F12010 will be fun to drive according to Anthony Davidson ;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, I still remember GP Legends. Even with a wheel it was hard to drive.
    I guess the difference is where you come from and what you expect from a "game" (or simulation in that matter).
    When I was younger I always played all kinds of flight simulations. They were "the" gametype to play back then and so you got used to them, playing with millions of different keys, instruments and problems to deal with. I never flew a real plane myself so I had to believe the people that said this and that was a realistic model of a real plane and that they behaved like this in reality.
    When it comes to racing games though this is a little different. I know how to drive a car and I know how to sense what it would probably do next when being driven on the edge. Now when I sit in front of a PC, I can't feel the wheels spinning, I can't feel the brake pedal and I can't feel how I'm being pressed into my seat.
    With all sorts of aids, compared to the "real deal" on the track, it may be enough to have good force feedback (sadly only the Fanatec Porsche wheel for example has force feedback for the brake pedal) and the visual indication of a problem on screen (like when you see the car is moving towards the outside of a curve or the rear is a little faster than the fron of the car), but it can't be enough if you try to play a game without such aids.

I'm really curious where this game ends up. I'd already be happy if it had the better parts of Grid and Shift combined with the weather effects and the realistic setting.