R.u.s.e.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    [​IMG]

R.U.S.E™ is a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy game that allows players to bluff their enemies to lead their nation to victory, controlling the action using views that range seamlessly from the heart of the battlefield to the full theatre of war.
    http://ruse.us.ubi.com/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/21970/

Overview
    Developed by Eugen Systems, R.U.S.E is set to refresh the strategy genre, introducing deception techniques that will let you bluff your enemy in order to lead your nation's army to victory. Camouflage your troops, lure your opponent with decoy units, sabotage his logistics: strategy is intuitive and carefully thought out at the same time.
    R.U.S.E. features cutting edge graphics and effects, the outstanding IRISZOOM™ Engine, immersive combat and a simplified interface that allows you to determine your nation’s strategy to defeat your enemies.
    R.U.S.E. is scheduled for release during Q1 2010 on Windows-based PC, Xbox 360® system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
    The announcement trailer is worth a thousand words, and will give you a feeling of the spirit of R.U.S.E.’s game mechanics.

Dimension
    Dimension is one of the fundamental aspects of R.U.S.E. The IRISZOOM Engine displays maps a hundred times larger than in traditional RTS games, which makes raises strategy to an unprecedented scale and gives deception a lot more depth. With the zoom, you are able to both command your units as a chief-in-command and manage your troops at a tactical level as a ground officer, for example by deploying a fake offensive on your opponent’s HQ while carefully hiding your infantry in villages to ambush the surrounding tanks.

Deception
    Deception is the essence of R.U.S.E.’s gameplay, just as it is the core of warfare: deception techniques such as espionage, decoys and radio silence played an essential role during World War II and continue to figure in modern conflicts. R.U.S.E. features deception cards – also known as ruses – that let you apply a deception technique to a specific sector in the map. The ruses are split into three categories :
    - Reveal: these ruses such as the Spy Plan or Decryption are useful in order to understand or uncover your enemy’s actions.
    - Hide: the Radio Silence or Camouflage Net will let you hide your troops or buildings from your opponent’s radar.
    - Fake: the last category of ruses is used to trick your enemy, to make him believe what you want him to believe. The Decoy Offensive simulates an attack to confuse your adversary.

Multiplayer
    Because fooling real people is the ultimate thrill, multiplayer plays a critical part in the R.U.S.E. experience. Stay tuned for more details on multiplayer modes and co-op gameplay very soon!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I didn't see a thread on this yet so i thought I'd start one. I haven't picked it up yet but probably will in the coming days. I REALLY loved the demo so I'm hoping it lives up to it. So has anyone pick this one up yet? Thoughts?

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I thought the demo was nice but it has some serious balance issues.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Any gurus got this and like it?

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    LOL, looks like everyone skipped it.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the game is pretty good, i played the demo, and saw the full at a friends, but it's trying to hard to deliver a story and it doesn't do well, but as a rts game is quite good, but it ain't on my list.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I guess with sc2 out most are playing that. Dunno I like the more ww2 rts genre.

Been reading a few reviews and they are pretty mixed. Graphics look good and the idea is clever.

Will hold off until I see some more..perhaps someone could post a few comments/pics.

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I might pick it up soon. I am a strategy fan and lately there has been a deep hole in good strategy games.

Hopefully by next weekend I'll have some feedback if I do pick it up.

9. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Played the demo... liked the game. But I will likely skip it as Company of Heroes online is in open beta and it is EXCELLENT.

Nothing beats the superb amount of strategy and tactics you can utilize in CoH, but with the persistence of the online system.... delicious.

Anyway sorry to get OT but I just really think CoH Online is going to take off big. :)

10. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it's a more simplified WW2 version of World in Conflict.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah have been playing it and it's pretty good although the matching system can have you up against a lvl 27 when u are lvl 8 which is a tad unfair. Still have had some great matches.

Would like to see the brits and panzer elite but I guess when you can build the British defensive at guns and slit trenches people will probably spam them making for perhaps a one-sided game.

Def recommend coh online though.

12. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    PRO RUSE:
    It has all the features you EVER wanted from a real-time strategy game. Yes, even Starcraft 2 can learn a ton, if not many tons from it. The easy use of complicated maneuvers with just 2 clicks, plus the clear separation of recon and brute force, together with deceiving/wicked defense bonuses in woods+towns makes it a quite unique experience.

However, in Contra speaks that nobody on earth expects 8 elite jumbo tanks (at 55cost each) to be wiped out by a task force of 4 rangers hidden in woods/townsquares which cost 5 per units (without any losses). A 440 gold worth army wiped out by a 20 gold worth army WTF seriously, this is not my business. I want some foreseeable action! Maybe i'm just getting old but learning to play RUSE properly is like forgetting 20 years of RTS and adapting... QUICKLY... to a totally different gameplay.

Then again, RUSE has some nifty features, like simply pressing "ph" to capture a barracks via air-transported infantry... imagine how many clicks this would require in any other RTS ??? Or for example, pressing zhhh + shiftclick 4 times to secure four towns with 3 rangers each? How comfortable is THAT ??? Hahaha. You dont just construct marines in your barracks, no way, you order 4 new marines to hold a city, and the game starts it's own consciousness (like SKYNET) and constructs 3 rangers in the nearest barracks and 1 in the barracks next in range so that all 4 arrive in the city at the least possible time... This is like you would expect from a year 3000 game!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  13. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    looks good. I might get it from steam in a few months when prices are slashed a bit or during some crazy special.

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Is this out now? If so need to get it. Really enjoyed the few MP betas.

As for COH online.. I don't see the point, I'm happy with regular COH/OF

15. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    NEWSFLASH! Infantry builds stack to sky, gets struck by lightning.

[​IMG]

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Hehe like your infantry huh.

Just got the game today, installing right now. Bit surprised it was out not much advertising, some shops like game didn't even have it so I got it in blockbuster out of all places.

17. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yeah, since Starcraft II I think blockbuster's been trying to get a slice of the PC gaming pie. I don't know about RUSE, but my blockbuster had SC2.

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Really enjoying the game so far, just playing multiplayer though.

The game looks amazing on max settings and I've managed to force crossfire working with readon pro on my 5970 with 10.5a drivers to get a locked 60fps. Without crossfire working it was diping into the 30's.

The game wont work on the 5970 with 10.8 , will hang the system before you even get to the intro screen.

19. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i loved the beta it was top, i will be buying it though just not yet as im skint :(

20. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    I was in the store yesterday, it was stamped with a price tag of 73€ :bugeye:

Unbelievable for a PC game, I guess that is better wait for a price drop :frown: