newdrivers for Win 7/Vista 32-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 9, 2010.

1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Bet he uses the FREE Avast POS AV. :wanker:

2. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
  3. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    thats cool... well even i have run into antivirus false alarms before so never know.. i'll just leave it there :)

certainly.. unfortunately i guess they started what we just had here :bang:

4. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Cool man no hard feelings :thumbup:

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    so is the pluggin that's reporting a trojan or what? I tired it but there where no warnings and nod32 is better than kaspersky imo.

I already deleted that plugin and later scanned with various trojan spyware and its clean.

6. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Apparantly the driver is clean an the plugin is giving false positives , try to avoid installing the plugin and just use the driver :nerd:

Yep Nod32 is brill , it's what i use :banana: kaspersky gives out false positives on so many occasions

Mirror from that nvidia forum , without plugin!

Link removed by request of NVIDIA.

Virus scan it if you want , i have not tested it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Lemme try.

"Hopefully someone will close this soon."

All right, now it'll happen.

8. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    OFC this is the case... people should scan their brain next time... first namipan is VERY popular chinese download manager and since its chinese, it might get false positive on non chinese systems, simply because of language used. 2nd after you have file downloaded you can check DIGITAL SIGANTURE and you see its from nVidia and VALID. This means file was not changed after nvidia signed it and also this means unless nvidia intergrated virus in drivers, noone else did...

and seriously scan you brain next time before you all go cry "virus" (specialy in bold red font). Also maybe you should sell your computer... just to be on safe side.

edit: file downloaded and unpacked from namipan link... ye i gave an effort and downloaded, useless (for me) driver thru useless (for me) chinese program just to prove a point:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    To me it looks like they wanted to leak this just to see how bad it really is, and now they're gonna fix all the stuff it in final.. they're to scared to release such pos driver in the first place..

10. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    Well, someone probably leaked it, just to be a "hero" since there is thousands of people crying about new driver on different forums.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Here's the thing. Nobody finds it odd that a new user with 2 posts posts drivers from weird links and finds that suspicious ? It's the internet, bots, worms, virusses, ad-ware, etc etc ...

Linkage has been removed (again).

Oh and guys, I was just looking in this huge cloudy glass ball and my almighty telekinetic gift tells me that if you can wait until Monday, you actually get a final WHQL driver.

So what's 4 days I ask ya ... worth the risk of getting infected ?

12. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC

:p , though this link is being hammered lol

13. amdking

amdking Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 768MB OC'd
    Anyone install this driver yet? =)

14. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    nope if you know what namipan is, probably tens of milions of users in china is using that. So if AV reacts to it, it MUST be false postive (if you are really paranioid you can do all this inside VM). After you get rar down you can unpack it (noone gets infected with unpacking of file) and you can check digital signatures, if digital signature is fine that means file is EXACTLY the same as nvidia released, so if they didnt infected it everything its fine... what bugs me is just people that cant put 1+1 together and see big picture and just whining and moaning and... ye driver it self is broken, but calling it infected and virus when obviously its (almost) impossible to be that is stupid as well...

edit: why im writing and defending this guy is... instead of us being grateful that someone gave us new driver that we shouldnt have all we do is moan and bitch about it... hey its BETA driver that we SHOULDNT have in the first place... lets stop bitching and be greatful.

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

" Hilberts words ''

''Here's the thing. Nobody finds it odd that a new user with 2 posts posts drivers from weird links and finds that suspicious ? It's the internet, bots, worms, virusses, ad-ware, etc etc ...

Linkage has been removed (again).

Oh and guys, I was just looking in this huge cloudy glass ball and my almighty telekinetic gift tells me that if you can wait until Monday, you actually get a final WHQL driver.

So what's 4 days I ask ya ... worth the risk of getting infected ? ''

If you are refering to me or Hilbert be careful how you direct your words to other people , have some respect and please behave like a normal person would , telling people to scan their brains and sale the computers because of a word of advice its very unkool .

Good Day ;)

16. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    EDIT: bleh pointless to argue, bottom line people that have access to beta drivers (or other unreleased stuff), just send them to me on PM if other people do not want them... ill be grateful for them, not like the others...

17. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    no i dont know namipan or understand chinese and guru3d being a non-chinese forum i am sure a good chunk of the members don't either. they might be using it in china more than we use google here.. but we dont know crap about that site and if the poster wants to put a link to such a site, he should explain about all the wierd plugins it asks you to install and possible antivirus false alarms.. no ones gonna turn a blind eye to an AV warning n just think its the language causing the false alarm. hes definitely gonna get suspicious reactions for this.. dont tell me i should install VMs and call bomb disposal squads to make sure.. he should mention all these things if hes posting.

sure... but the dude ur defending's not there.. mebbe hes ur 'hero' who leaked the drivers for all the people crying out on different forums for them.. but hes no longer here... he posted a thread in this very section that has 15 pages on it, yet not a single post from this guy.. his second post is this thread with a link to a site in a language we don't understand asking us to install some plugin thats in a language we dont understand but sets the AV buzzing.. yea thats definitely gonna get people bitching.. nothing personal against this guy but mebbe he should try posting the details about his links in english and people may be greatful.

again this aint anything personal against you or anyone. TC and be good everyone

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

19. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC

20. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    I do not get it... they remove the drivers from other sites and only leave it in their own forums?

Is it supposed to be "if you want to try broken drivers try them from us only" or something like that?

It does not make sense to me...