GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    Hmm no problems with TF2 so far here (or with L4D2). I'll try TF2 some more time though.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Try renaming your bfbc2 folder in my documents thus creating a new one. Tip is to copy the 'control' folder to your new one

3. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ermmm where is the download link?

4. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Same as ! , these drivers are great for me and i did a clean removal of older drivers. Driver sweeper / ccleaner e.t.c

Warpy

MIRROR 1
    Link removed by request of NVIDIA.

MIRROR 2
    Link removed by request of NVIDIA.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Not even a crash since I've installed them... :3eyes:

They work flawlessly on Win 7 and with the games I have...

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    ^

2hrs+ of amnesia
    5hrs of left 4 dead 2
    1hr of battlefield 2
    aero working good
    youtube is fine

:banana:

7. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for those links...... so this is a BETA driver?

8. DSD99

DSD99 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    The best thing about these drivers for me is they show Nvidia 3DTV play will be released soon.
    When i go to set up stereoscopic 3D it detects my samsung 3d Tv and it does send the signal right as i get the little icon on the tv saying to turn on the glasses.
    The test 3d option with the floating nvidia symble in the tunnel works as well and in the control panel it identifies my 3d display type as "HDMI 1.4 Blu-Ray 3D".
    However i cant get it to work in games yet, guess we need the full software.
    Also PowerDVD 10 mark 2 still doesn't work properly with them. Biggets waste of £60 i ever spent.

9. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    ^^^ oh man goody! my samsung is in service repairs as it got damaged(powersupply) samsung biggest issue. but this you say is great news. anxiously waiting for 3dtv play.

10. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    hi guys,

I cant play Metro 2033 at all with those, unhappilly enough because they look really good globally: smoother, fps droping less then with 258.96 whitch is the real benefit of those drivers.

Did somebody had this issue and solved it ?

Its just a matter of time i guess-give time to nvidia devs to fix it- but, if some budy solved it, i woudn't have posted for nothing.

Thx by the way :thumbup: even if i need to :beam: to 258.96

11. poisonx

poisonx New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 768MB
    Seems to be very smooth for me, tested with TF2, L4D2, RE5 and WoW, no probs so far.

12. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    do you get any errors when u start it? I had no problem runing metro with this driver, so you might want to google metro starting problems as it might not be related to the driver at all.

13. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Not true.. there is DAC output hardware that has some values modified by these types of controls that sits between the GPU and the display.

14. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

It just removes your preferences from your currently previous installed driver. If you want to preserve your manage 3d settings, you would make sure that box is *not* checked. It has nothing to do with the rest of the driver files.

15. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Thx avivoni ;)

There might be a possibility then... the issue i meet is always the same: when it loads (after the main menu) to effectivelly start playing, it crashes. This with or without CPU/ GPU overclocking. Meaning by saying this that both 'F5 in BIOS' setup or clocked setup are stable. reasonnable clocking by the way.

It worked with this H/W setup with previous whql drivers.

I am happy some one has no issue playing it :)

I'll google it but considering that i guru3D-it (seems pointless :nerd: ) But also 'might give it a go without 8800 gtx for PhysX... (seems pointless too but who knows heh ?!? ) or else.

Thx

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I agree with you this is best yet driver!!
    new cuda 3.2.1 driver

17. @Random

@Random Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 Pipe Cooled
    Forceware 260.52 PhysX On 32bit

I have installed the PhysX from 64bit this driver on my 32 bit system,
    And works as a charm, almost all games running smoother.

I must lower the mouse speed in the games, because mouse speed was higher.

18. NeuroFunkeR

NeuroFunkeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte NV WF3 670GTX
    yay finally i can play my all time favorite game Gothic 2 under Win 7, thanks to who ever has leaked this!

19. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Everythings works great now.

Q6600@3.2
    4gb ram
    Gigabyte 460 1GB - 715 1430 1800

Default DX11 BFBC2 config(i mean config files) , All high , 4xMSAA 8XAF HBAO ON 1680x1050

GPU Usage is really great now. The low spikes are the where we were death while on the weapon choose menu. So in game i never saw below %80 gpu usage (80-99 mostly) and it was before this driver %20-60 .

[​IMG]

Thanks alot !

20. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    That is really awesome to be honest. I did not see these changes in the gpu utilization, not even on single gpu.

Is this graph taken from singleplayer/multiplayer empty/multiplayer 24/32 ppl server?

Woundering since I still sit around 20-70% single gpu utilization in this game with SLI it is like 30-55%.

Guess I'm gonna try renaming the whole BFBC2 folders in documments and let the game recreate everything see if that makes a diff.

/edit

Just played some on a 32 ppl server / Arica Harbour ), and did some extensive testing with the new driver.

SLI on, and settings maxed @1920x1200 dx11 cards clocked to 830-1025.

All settings in BC2 maxed, hbao on, bloom on and I went through 0xaa to 32xcsaa, x16 af. Also fiddled with audio settings, but that had no impact on cpu usage at all, might be someting going on "behind the curtains" but I saw no fps/utilization gains going from wartapes to hi-fi.

To me it is crystal clear that the gpu utilization is almost souly affected ( on my system ) by eyecandy. With everything maxed out I get a maximum of 55% gpu utilization and it fluctuates alot from 35% to 55% and fps with 35% is 51-55 and with 55% fps hover around 95-96 fps.

I turn all graphic settings down to low/off and GPU utilization drops to 20-22% fps remain exactely the same. CPU usage is also pritty identical from what I can see, hovers around 65-70 and spikes sometimes to 75-82 then drops down to 55 and then back up to 65, rince repeat pritty much.

When 3 cores are only utilized I get the same fps, same gpu utilization and from what I can see the cpu behaves the same with 3 as 4 cores assigned to the bfc2.exe.

Not sure thats wrong with this game but something is fundamentally wrong. It shows signs of beeing cpu limited but then removing one core has no impact on anything like it wasn't needed or used to begin with. Other tests on i7s that I saw some weeks ago showed the game seizing to bottleneck on ati cards running i7 920 on 3 cores HT off, where the 470 and 480 needed 4 cores and HTing on to show signs of gpu bottleneck instead of cpu.

I think it is the game and the drivers that are just not any good. The game is a cpu hog but it should run better then it currently does, and I think the nvidia drivers are surly holding the 400 series back alot in this game.

Having the same fps going from 22% utilization to 45% utilization on diffrent graphic settings kinda makes no sense unless the game is 100% cpu bottlenecked ( right? ) and then you would expect performance drops when disabling one cpu core..wich really didn't happend, performance remained the same :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010