Lead a Simple life?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ShadowMyth, Sep 4, 2010.

1. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Nvlddmkm means, I think, that you are thinking too linear, and not looking at the broad scope of things, and that without balance, nothing can be. It's abstract thought, and tough to get your mind around, I understand if you don't get it yet, it took me yaers to realize that there is more that I don't know than what I do know.

2. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    karma hmm.... if you do bad things you put yourself in situations where the chance/risk of bad things happening to you is somewhat increased as opposed to normal behavior ...some people notice this tendency and call it bad karma
    and if there is bad karma some have said hey there must be good karma also...
    nothing mystic about it in my view

3. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Never said it was mystic, just that it is. There is good Karma. It's all about balance. In no way do I suspect that anyone will do only good, or do only bad, but that everyone needs to balance the good and the bad. I also simplified the Karma thing greatly, as I didn't feel like typing it all out.:)

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Think of life as a series of opportunities. Each opportunity presents us with a series of choices and responses. Those choices will range from causing others anguish, upset and dismay right through to showing love, honour and true friendship and everything in between. How we choose will depend on our general demeanour, the way we were educated our social backgrounds, socio-economic factors, health, intelligence and so on but I believe these can not be fully blamed for our response to the opportunity.

Why? Because, we can reason. It's our ability to reason that allows to understand truth. Words allow us to tell the truth and for those that have taken the opportunity to listen, this is a very powerful lesson in life.

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    I am 23 today, and i am still studying abroad, with no real friends since each semester i meet new people who leave after 3 to 6 months. I met this woman this year, had a great summer with her, and this made me think in what my life is going to be like. I also want a simple life, with a good job, girlfriend, and I do not have either of those. Simple life does not exist when you have to work and fight for something you really want. Instead of me chilling and not giving a dam about my life, this chick changed me a lot, made me have priorities and goals. The problem now is that I realized if you want a simple life, you must earn it. So why the hell you call it simple, when you must fight to get it? Maybe some people have it without doing anything about it.

6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    ^ This! :)

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Sash I agree, the simple life isn't so simple at times. I guess you could call it a simpler life. In essence I'm only responsible for myself, if I fail, then for the most part I'm only effecting myself. If I don't like my job, I can move on to another freely. If I want to pick up & move across the country, I can. I can do all this with at a drop of the hat without taking too many factors into consideration.

As far as Karma I'll take a bit from hallryu:
    That's a bit how I view karma. A positive attitude & choices lead to positive opportunities & outcomes. The more positive you are the more choices you may have. If your negative, you may be burning bridges, hence you have fewer choices and those choices may not be the most positive. The further you get away from a positive frame of mind, the harder it is to find your way back. There's really nothing "mystical" about it, really it's just common sense.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  8. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX

EPIC life story bro ^^

Moral:- don't get married!

I am a 20-year-old college student, and hopefully my life is going in the right direction :D
    Wish me luck!

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I can't agree. The real idea is to not seek out marriage. Hell, don't even think about marriage. Go through life as you will, don't avoid a relationship, but don't chase one down either. Just let it happen, if you find someone you want to be with, so be it. If it's strong enough to marry her, even cooler. But marriage isn't a status symbol, and it's not to be taken lightly, or done with everyone you meet. Should be done with someone who, you are sure, after much rational outside-the-pants thought, you really enjoy being with.

Just don't force the concept. The simple life isn't in being alone, but it's not necessarily with someone either.

10. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

As far as marriage goes, well said.

11. Dr.Paneas

Dr.Paneas Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890
    I need to get a job and make some money. Not because of simple or complate living, but just to survive. That's why I am studing . . . to find a good job . . . at least I hope so . .

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    this thread is an unnecessary complication to my simple life.

13. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    LOL, no marriage
    HMMMM . . .
    I know i'm too young for all this crap (Or maybe not) but i'm really considering never getting married xD

14. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

I place more creedence in my other's will to be with me, to wake up next to me every day, than having to because of a legal or religious obligation.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I think the problem is a lot of us here are looking for a good girl, and they are very rare and hard to find these days.

Thanks MTV (not). :bang:

It's too hard to stay married these days, I'm not sure what they have been feeding our girls, but if everything isn't their way, you better look out.

The attitudes on 90% of them is rotten to the core.

16. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    +1
    But as much as there are like us there must be girls too :)
    Anyways, actually IMO my standards for girls (Is it correct to call it like that? LOL) are low compared to other people, but even that is hard to find :nerd:

17. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    This is true and makes me sad. Marriage has been reduced from a meaningful union and sign of commitment to something people do for a tax cut. The only reason divorce rates are so high is because people don't care about marriage anymore.

It's so stupid... If you don't think you can spend your life with someone, don't get married to them. Guess that's just not the way of thinking anymore.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yep, EVERYTHING is about money these days, even marriage. It really is sad. the days are almost over where marriage actually meant something. The Media and im sure schools for the younger audience, isn't making it any better.

I think a lot of the problem too is people just do not think anymore. They always look for an easy way out, and just look at each other for dollar signs. I'm not about to put myself in that situation. Say I know a girl and truely love her, even if she doesn't feel that way for me, I'd rather stay close friends with her than go off and marry someone for cash etc, which those relationships don't last.

It's sad. I have a decent job, etc, but can't find a girl locally that I can truely say I get along with. They all want girls night out around here, and do god knows what untill 4 am every morning without thinking. What happened to the good girls that want to lead those simple lives, and just enjoy each others company? They just simply do not exist, or are so rare you'd probably jump to the moon first before finding one.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    My parents told me that if I found a girl, and she will be interested in me for a long tine, she will most likely want me for my money...
    feelsbadman

Simple life? Working your ass off and spending it on yourself and others... is that it?

20. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    I guess a definition of simple life depends on the person. To me a "simple life" always involved just settling down with a family. Guess that's complex for some people.