Jumpgate Evolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Reclusive781, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I know almost everyone saw the trailer on websites that hosted E3(gamespot,ign, etc.) Since space simulators are the last true PC games besides RPG's and RTS's, I'm just wondering if anyone cought any interest in it.

www.jumpgateevolution.com

I think its sure to replace EVE online. I havent seen a game like this since Freelancer.

2. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
  4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I doubt that.

5. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    And? Read what Codemasters did to DDO:Stormreach or other MMOs, they are for sure no heros in that genre. Beside that JGE was announced for 2008 and it looks like NetDevil has all priorities set to Lego Universe... Whatever i dont care anymore for MMOs, seen waaaaay to much overhyped crap the last years.

6. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
  7. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Dunno if Jumpgate Evolution will ever be released over 2 years overdue now & not holding my breath for a release anytime soon :( .

8. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    I agree. Eve isn't a space sim in the slightest, and neither is the X series. They're more trading/empire building type games with a little poorly executed sim thrown in.

I welcome any true space sim though. The last one that came out that was good was Freespace 2.

9. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Oh yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that as well. Sorry for the double post.

10. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Codemasters didn't so anything to DDO, they only run the EU servers, it was the developer Turbine that made and still runs DDO. Codemasters are also the publisher for Jumpgate, the developers are Netdevil.

11. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    All the links to "comunity site" and "sign up to test" are broken on their website if that's any indication of what they are doing.

12. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    Oh sorry i forgot publishers are never responsible for any BS going on, its always the developer. Dude...

13. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Jumpgate?

I was able to sign up....

14. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Again showing nothing but ignorance, Codemasters hosted the EU servers for DDO, Turbine hosted the US ones themselves and have control over what happens with NA and EU, Codemasters do not develop or have any say over what happens with DDO.

The same with Jumpgate, CM are just hosting the servers, they do not decide how it is developed. That is upto NetDevil and their parent company Gazillion Entertainment.

15. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    Ahh yes, CM is only hosting the servers. They do not run support forums for their games or collect the money to play. Suuure. Whatever i prefer a healthy amount of ignorance over pure fanboism and smartassness...

16. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Source: Jumpgate Evolution.

Follow the links throughout this article. These all seem to backup the claim that CodeMaster has little to do with it other than publishing it. NetDevil is the developer.

I am interested in Black Prophecy. So far that game is looking good as well.

17. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    First off i am not a fanboi, i barely follow this game (more interested in GW 2 or SWToR), i am just providing correct information, you on the other hand clearly have little understanding or history with MMO's.

Do you honestly believe that CM are responsible for DDO? You do know that at the time Turbine were a private company and publishing was handled by ATARI. CM were brought in by Turbine to handle the billing and servers for the EU and only the EU regions. They handled the NA regions themselves, so Turbine develop the game and run it themselves in NA, ATARI publish it, and CM handle the EU servers, how the hell is how the game turned out CM's fault?

CM will have no say in how Jumpgate is developed, NetDevil the developers are owned by Gazillion Entertainment and not CM, so any development decisions are made by those two parties.

18. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    Even if you repeat yourself and try to correct me on things i never said, codemasters was responsible for the community and they simply didnt give a fart on DDO EU, they simply let it die but made the community believe the F2P model is coming to EU too. The same lack of information is going on with JGE since over a year now. CM is the no1 when it comes to unfulfilled promise. DLC for GRID on PC is another example. I dont say their games are bad but their PR sucks.

19. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Their PR does suck but like i said with the MMO's they are invloved with, they only run servers and handle billing, yeah the have forums and community stuff but it's not their fault that things happened in DDO that you did not like. CM take feedback and send it to Turbine who then make decisions on it.

They also handle the EU side of The Lord of The Rings Online for Turbine and they haven't done anything wrong with that game.

And as for things you never said, you blamed Codemasters for the state of DDO when all the blame lies with Turbine for neglecting the EU side of the game.

20. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Dear god^

Why you people so negative? Have some hope. If JGE isn't released theres always hope for Black Prophecy.

[​IMG]