ATi 6000 Series Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Rich_Guy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oMVo

oMVo Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    for all we know this may be the benchies for a Crossfire setup =p

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    You know, I've just been enlightened with this post... GPU-Z screen has a fade-out menu for GPU selection available, which means that it's a multi-GPU setup! Because it stays gray if there's only one logical GPU present in the system... :3eyes:

3. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    no. my single gpu setup:
    [​IMG]

4. bm010

bm010 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Not quite sure what you're talking about as it does not stay grey if there's only one logical GPU.

5. oMVo

oMVo Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    it doesnt grey out with one GPU, but we're not sure if there's another one below it!! woot, churning the rumor mill!!

6. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    It would say Disabled (CrossFire Available)

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    This single new GPU = two previous gen GPU is pretty damn agressive.

If this goes like this, AMD could catch nVidia in single GPU performance very fast. And with AMD "traditions" at lower power compsumption.

Anyway, probably once HD 6xxx cards get out, they'll cut inmediatly shipping of HD 5xxx cards thanks to low production of TSMC... So my card proably will come to EOL pretty fast too.

8. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    Haha, nvidia is paying dearly for overpricing and relabeling old products now, the morons deserve what they get.......:flip2:

9. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    true dat. I love my 5850 handles everything with ease... not going to upgrade anytime soon but, It is very nice to see them keep pushing for more and more.

10. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Funkin-A. I like nVidia's cards, have had an 8800GTS 320, it still works well, but they are total asswipes. I hope this causes nVidiots a good loss, they may learn. Their profits are down already, seems their rape-the-customer approach is failing.

11. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    Nvidia Needs to get back on their game fast, otherwise we would have another case of overpriced products from AMD, if anyone remember the crazy pricing that AMD put on their first x2, before intel put out their core series.

and look at the pricing now, 5870 is even more expensive than their usual flagship single GPU pricing, i bought 3870 at launch at 280$, and look at the price of 5870, still no reduction in pricing, even after almost a year.

this could meant that their high end 6xxx series could be priced at 600$, and the dual gpu card could be priced at 700-800$.

hope nvidia gets back faster, rather than putting stupid promotion, in hoping that customer will buy their baking class card.

12. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i also dont think these are true. by the way friends are u gonna buy 6000 card this year ?
    i dont think most people will buy a new card now cause all the cards which are available are good enough to play any games today or next year. so those people who already got direct x 11 cards are not gonna change it, i think. at least i will not do that i'm very happy happy with my gtx 480 and with the 5770 too on my 2nd computer...

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
    Now AMD will rock, I wait these cards 1 year - and finally I'll get one:banana:

14. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    listen what ever they do they always got the performance crown on their head.. gtx 480 is the best single gpu now and 3x sli gtx 480 is the best setup ( even better then the 2x 5970)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    5870 price has dropped a bit. after the initial launch, prices spiked up crazily. funnily enough, people like me were willing to pay higher prices for 5800 series cards (i probably paid $100 more per card than i shouldve).

prices will drop once 6000 series comes out. you gotta remember, this is amd. they sell brilliant cards for reasonable prices.

although the 6000 series looks promising, i think i'll stick to my 5850s until the next gen cards come out.

might look into amd fusion a bit more to see what they plan to do with it. the initial concept of having a chip that could function as both a gpu and as a cpu seemed interesting. but if they just end up putting a separate cpu and gpu on the thing like intel... i would seriously be disappointed.

16. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I do think it is a bit soon for AMD to bring out something new now, but i believe they are bringing out these news card now just so that they have the new AMD branding on them not the old ati. I dont think AMD will change the branding on the 5xxx series.

And AMD probably just want to be at the top of the market with there new branding on the GPU.

17. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    your missing my point, what i'm trying to say is, AMD is gonna put a very high price for their card, when they felt like they are at the top, that means the next middle class card could be priced at 300-400$.

that's why Nvidia need to act fast, btw your 480 maybe good enough for you, but not everyone is going to buy a power hungry and extremely hot card like that.

why did you think that right now nvidia is putting a promotion that for every purchase of GTX 465,470 & 480 you will get a free digital download version of Mafia 2, it's because that card is not selling.

and btw they did not put that promotion out for GTX 460, because 460 is the only one that sells well, and that's why ATI 5k series is not lowering their price at all.

and yes i'm planning on buying a whole new rig, just waiting for the next intel and amd, and seeing which one is more worth to buy.

18. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    first of all AMD only sell brilliant card for reasonable price when they are not on the top, they have proven that several times, when they own the crown, they will act just like Intel and Nvidia, they only put cheap prices because they still not sure about their position, but now that they are only a bit behind Nvidia, they will shown their true colour once again.

remember intel pricing on the first core series, it's very cheap, and when they realize they own the crown, they stopped producing their first core series and launch the core 2 series, and up the price.

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    What is a 5890 ? i believe you mean 5970.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  20. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    you guys are funny bitching about the prices of the ati cards. they are priced right and they are cheaper than nvidias flagship cards are usually priced. 600-800 was the price of the 8800 ultra remeber them prices. so for ati to release the 5870 at 399 was good sucks that tsmc ****ed it up and they had to raise prices a whopping 20 dollars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.