nvidia lied again ........

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vize, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
  2. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Why do you need these drivers so quickly anyways?
    what games are you having problems with?

4. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The official word directly from nVidia, is that drivers will be released when they are ready and no sooner. Now STFU and stop whining. It's better to wait for proper drivers than to bitch, moan and whine just to get stuck with **** drivers.

6. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    No kidding. It's a sad day in your life when you depend on a driver release for satisfaction only to find other issues to be unhappy with and get yourself caught up in a never ending cycle.

7. Nibato

Nibato New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX460 1GB GC
    Nevermind the fact that FFXI is completely unplayable on GTX460 (and possibly other cards) atm, and it's a game you pay a monthly fee for.

Isn't wasted money reason enough to be angry and whine for a driver release when the game should have been working properly in the first place?

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're having problems with a DirectX 8.1 game and expect a DirectX 7 "fix" to correct the issue???

Why are you waiting for nVidia to release a new driver when you're running a Radeon HD5850?

Final Fantasy 11, based on the only information I can find, is a DirectX 8.1 game released in 2002. The fixes that nVidia keeps talking about are not going to impact DirectX8/9/10/11....it's strictly for DirectX 7.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
  10. Nibato

Nibato New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX460 1GB GC
    The frame rate is maybe a maximum of about 3-5fps for GTX400 series cards. No tweaks in the game config seem to fix it.

11. nightwalker342

nightwalker342 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3090 FTW3
    It's been running perfectly fine on my 285GTX. Latest drivers actually gave me a slight improvement on FPS.

12. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

@OP and all the whingers..

GROW SOME FN GONADS and stop crying over when a beta set of drivers will be released... ya will get em when the rest of us get em... :bang:

now STFU and get in line like the rest of us!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    At this point, I'd expect to see poor performance in DirectX 8.x with a DirectX 11 graphics card. DirectX 8.x and older has all fallen into the category of "legacy support". MS has stopped supporting it. Dev companies have completely stopped supporting it. The only reason nVidia and ATI care to support DirectX 8.1 and older...is because some people can't seem to let old ass games go. If you have a need to play a DirectX 8.x or older game....buy the hardware that it was intended to run on instead of buying brand new hardware and whining that it doesn't work as well.

14. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    Here is an idea, stop paying for a 10 year old game and wait for FFXIV which is being released later this month. It's basically FFXII without all the bad, + updated graphics.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

15. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    ^ ^
    Exactly just swap your card over if you play it that much. About 15 mins to swap card and drivers max.

16. Funkyseas

Funkyseas Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 470 SLI @ 800/1800
    @ Vize

LOL you are a whining idiot !!!

Thats the 2nd thread from you with stupid whining issues !

17. Nibato

Nibato New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX460 1GB GC
    Implying they can't fix more then one bug per driver update. It's already been confirmed that FFXI is fixed in the next beta, if they ever release it.

Despite what you might say in response I'm sure if the game you were looking forward to playing after coming home from work was broken, you'd be here whining along with the rest of the whiners.
    I don't really see why you're being so rude, unless you're trolling.

Here's an idea, maybe some of us like our 10 year old games? Just because a newer version is coming out, doesn't mean its going to be better, or the "same thing with a graphical update."
    All my other 10 year old games work fine. Hell, even quake 2 still works. If I card to drag out the cd I'm sure I could even manage to get quake 1 working properly.
    It doesn't change the fact that this game should have been working properly in the first place.

Would love to if I had a spare card. :(

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  18. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    I think someones life depends of this new drivers :3eyes:Why the hell are so important ?The true is that i use 182.50 for my old card with all my 45 games and i don't have any issue or frame drop with them.They are the perfect drivers for me :)

19. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    reason i am bitching about nvidia not having the fixed drivers ready yet despite the fact that i am on a 5850 atm is cause this card was my 2nd choice ...... i had to refuse delivery of my gtx 470 when i found out about the issues i would have had with ffxi on it if i tried to run it

its not out of the question that i might ebay this card for another 470 once the issue is fixed

20. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    if all ur older games work then why are you blaming the drivers