Anyone explain Catalyst A.I and Application profiles

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DJ_Casper, Aug 26, 2010.

1. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    I use single 5770. I play in BFBC2 oftenly.

Tell me plz detailed info about Catalyst A.I - Standart and Expirienced?

Application profiles... Do I need them?

2. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    You don't need application profiles. They are only for crossfirex users. All they do is tell the GPU's which rendering mode to use for specific games.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you want to learn about Catalyst A.I. read this link:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/articles/atiop/

In a nutshell Advance A.I. allows for more aggressive optimization at the cost of CPU overhead. Having used both a E8400 and quad core OC'd the difference is apparent on the quad core more so then the dual core. Generally, the performance improvements should work if the game has a profile. It still can be hit or miss depending on what game/benchmark you use.

I've noticed no IQ differences that warrant not using it (at least no apparent differences). So the thought that it doesn't impact IQ is true IMO so far. What games should you try? I honestly can't say because there really is no list. You will have to figure that out on your own at this point. Also, I suggest that you have a decent OC on your E8500.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

5. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Actually, that is incorrect. Application profiles work for both Crossfire and non-crossfire installations.

6. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It doesn't mean that it's expected to be for single cards on every profile release.

8. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    more details plz without google links :)

9. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    The application profiles contain tweaks that make use of Catalyst A.I. Catalyst A.I. provides game specific tweaks that the driver team has made to improve performance for particualur games. This can be performance tweaks for Crossfire or single cards.

A good "recent" example was the slow load times in Bad Company 2 on ATI cards. The load times were fixed with an application profile release that worked on both crossfire and non-crossfire systems.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Who posted google links and hasn't provided you with information about Cat AI in general? So more details of what you are looking for without the vague replies :)