ATi Catalyst 10.8 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    Should be corrected now for me but bug of corrupted cursor with eyefinity is still there. wtf ?

2. klanjsek

klanjsek Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 5870 900/1250
    well, these suck for dirt....but this goes for all drivers since 10.3a preview driver :puke2:.

just tried to change d3d driver via device manager...got solid 60fps with 10.3a while 10.8 leads to dips, which makes driving much less enjoyable.

UPDATE: well, i also compared 10.8 to 10.3a in dirt 2. it seems that 10.3a drivers give better average and min fps...68.7 vs. 73.7 min fps and 79.7 vs 85.8 average (in favor of 10.3a).

so all in all..after 5 months 10.3a driver is still the best driver for both dirt1/2 (single 5870). in addition, card clocks to 157mhz core in idle even when overdrive is on (i know, it is not a bug, but i like to oc my card and keep it cool when i am not using it).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  3. Lozeritis

Lozeritis Member Guru

GPU:
    (2x) ATI 4870 1GB XFire
    I've been trying that. As soon as I uninstall the cards via Device Manager they almost immediately get reinstalled as 4800's. They only stay as VGA devices for 2 seconds.

4. timiman

timiman Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290 Asus DCU-II
    I also have problems with 10.8s and 4870x2.
    In my case on Battlefield BC2 I see both GPUs utilized @ 750MHz.
    But, I've tried also Dirt 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction, in which the second GPU stays at 507MHz and 95%+ utilized (1st GPU is @ 750MHz with 70% usage).
    (all tests made using Rivatuner applet on Logitech G19)
    I have installed both 10.8 Catalysts and the 10.8 Application Profiles...

It seems that the problems are "random" on games, judging from the posts on this thread. Does anyone have a link to notify the ATI Drivers team for this problem? It seems that noone from their side has been notified on this major problem.
    Would all the users with 4870x2 join to make massive posts-notifications to ATI Drivers Team?

5. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    This made me laugh.

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I bet they are pretty good for single card setups, but for crossfire these are not any good. Although Mafia2 does run very good with these, problem is that BC2 doesnt run so good. Ingame is a little better than 10.6-10.7, but the menus are still awful slow!

You are funny, crossfire runs with all mobos.

7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Interesting I may have to see if I still have those. I recently cleaned out my ATI driver download folder.
    I would really like to run my card a little higher and yet still get the low idle clocks.
    I have only tried Blur with these so far(runs "ok" but then I don't think it has anything to do with drivers)
    I played a little the Hunter earlier as well and it ran the same as usual(actually a good game to stress with as it uses both CPU and GPU to the fullest)

8. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Cant play BFBC2 for 10min keeps crashing and kicking me out of the game...got to try other games : /

9. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    is opencl 1.1 working with this, especially for 4xxx users?

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Have you tried disconnecting from the internet 1st? If not, try that and see if it works this time. If it does work without it auto updating then you need to set Windows Updates to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" (type: update at start's search box, goto Change settings). Then reconnect to the internet.

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I had my first major issue installing these drivers. Uninstalled 10.7, rebooted, ran ATI **** Cleaner and then installed 10.8. At the end of the install it said there was an error during installation but continued with the reboot as usual. When Windows came back up it did the crossfire flicker at login screen so everything looked like it was working as usual. CCC was installed and working so I fired up BFBC2 and played a little singleplayer. I noticed very bad framerate drops, and as I was due to have a game with a friend I decided I'd uninstall 10.8 for now and put my old drivers back in. When I got back to desktop I noticed my screen was much darker than usual. Seemed weird but i continued with the uninstall and once the drivers were removed and rebooted screen was bright again. Ran **** Cleaner and reinstalled old drivers however on reboot the dim display was back again. Weird. Uninstalled the drivers, ran **** cleaner and driver sweeper and then reinstalled. Still dim. All the display options are set to default in CCC as usual but for some reason something in CCC is making my display dark.

Performance is back and stable as it was before all this but I'm just left with a somewhat dark display. Upping the brightness in CCC doesn't really resolve the issue as it washes out a lot of the colour. Not really sure what to do now short of a format which I really can't be bothered with right now as I'm have friends over for a small lan next weekend and there is way too much stuff to reinstall.

Has anyone ever had this sort of issue before?

12. Jonup

Jonup Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 828/1944/2500
    So what's the deal with css. When I first learned about v-sync I was mainly playing css and when I enabled it became choppy. So I said the heck with all the theory behind it I am never going to enable it again. I guess it is someting related to css.
    Anyways, it's not that I get 60+fps with my card and I am yet to observe/recognize tearing. And I definately do not headaches.

13. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Ya I finally got the problem too. Try overclocking both cores by 10Mhz in rivatuner to get them both stuck at 760/900. Did that on mine and now the card pulls the numbers it should.

14. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    stay off them simple fact there not even close to being OK even 2 5870s it will turn the other one off

buggy as hell one card seems OK but still buggy

10.4 perfect
    10.5 perfect BFBC2 fix
    10.6 OK but buggy
    10.7 not so good

10.8 the Biggest Disgrace in history worse then 10 year old milk still wet but even that is an insult to the over time off milk

single card users seem OK I tried with one it was fine but for us greedy ones that put allot more cash in there pockets its just insulting

we need to get across to them we are pissed off with the half jobs there doing or some one let them now there so much more problems now

15. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    What is this crap? 10.8 broke scaling. Again.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've played a few rounds with no problem with this driver. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling MS Visual C++ for Catalyst?

17. da_unique

da_unique Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 + GTX670 (SLI)
    Its not crap, its ati drivers. Which is an insult even to the word crap. :bang:

18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Not sure what problems you have had but turning on scaling in my system turned off the screen and nothing woke it up again. Had to reset entire system... :wanker:

19. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    What card you have? Cat 10.6 10.7 10.8 are really getting me pissed...10.7 wont install HDMI thingy and then error on installation, 10.6 pissed me off dunno why dont remember already :flip2: , 10.8 kicks me off BFBC2 omg:bang: now trying to roll back i got a BSOD due to a ATi file...(ATi) :chainsaw2: Trying to clean the system from any virus(ATI)...and putting this in order Thx ati i needed the work :flame2:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I don't mean GPU Scaling. I mean Overscan/Underscan. The settings will not stick anymore in 3D mode when resolution or refresh rate changes after the game is run. Even if you set the overscan to "0" with the exact game resolution and refresh rate prior to running the game. It will still jump to 20% black bars.

Cat 10.8 ----> :puke2: <---- User