PS3 hacked

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Aug 20, 2010.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    I am sorry I am a bit thick, what does this mean?

4. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    It means that the PS3 has finally been hacked..
    But as said above, more info in the news thread

5. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    The title of the thread is PS3 hacked, and when I ask u what it means u say, it means the PS3 has been hacked.

common...

6. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    what? did I say something wrong?

That's just what it means.. there's nothing more to it.. :D

7. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Seems your as bad as me :D

EDIT: I should be more specific.. what does hacked mean?

8. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    From what I've come to understand is that software has been developed that allows the ps3 to be booted into debug mode. This is the mode game developers use. When you're in this mode, you can rip the games onto your ps3 hardrive or somewhere else and play for free. (single player) nothing has been mentioned about multiplayer. The "hack software" can be put on a usb stick, and can be updated anytime.

They also said that a firmware update from sony will probably not affect the hack

9. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Ive rooted my phone, hack a ton of things I own...but.. Im not going to hack my ps3. I love her too much and I dont want to risk being blacklisted because GT5 is the only game I will play on it and Ive already got that preordered.

10. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    how soon till we see a emulater

11. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    When the hardware is ten times as powerful as the PS3's!

It is gonna take some serious skillz to emulate the cell multi-threaded CPU! Emulation is incredibly difficult!

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It'll be a long while before we see emulators. There's still no successful Xbox emulator, and with how fast these current gen consoles are(Aside the wii), emulation is going to be a far far distance for us.

13. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    thought this mutch.

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    We will be playing on PS5/6 by the time a barely useful PS3 emulator came out.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hacked or not,the ps3 still is no comparison to a high end pc,neither is the shoddy control method as in the control pads especially when playing fps shooters,however i did enjoy playing through mgs4 on my ps3 before i sold it,as for now my console days are well and truly over,never again will i buy another console.:)

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would love not not have to buy another console, but considering i hate MP FPS's and starting to even go off all SP FPS's, having just a PC would be no good for me, its too unsociable.

Gaming is a very social thing for me, so i need both my consoles for fighting, sports and racing games.

From a technical point of view, its nice to see that the PS3 has been hacked, but this will just increase the amount of borrowed and rented games getting ripped onto the HDD, which won't be a good thing for Sony or the PS3 brand.

17. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    What is it with guys like you ?

Yes, I agree with you that a PS3's hardware doesn't compare to a high end PC's hardware, but there are a lot of games on PS3 that are not made for PC and that is the reason why your statement is flawed. Also, the controller isn't that bad. It's crap for FPS, but for other games, it's efficient.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, some people think that FPS are the only games that exist, while a mouse/keyboard is great for them, mouse and keyboard sucks for nearly every other type of game.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The consoles of today simply bore me,i had a ps3 with all the best games,after mgs4 i only turned it on a few times...i used to look at my ps3 under my HD tv and say to myself "Shall I"?

Then i would hear this voice in my head say "nar there all boring and have no feel to them".:)

I wish i felt different but i feel games on consoles have gotten worse since the ps2,i guess were running out of quality ideas even though we have more power.

I also use a ps2 pad on my pc when a certain game requires it.

20. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I understand what you're sayin', but I'm into sports games and they stopped making them for the PC. I play MLB 10 The Show a lot and that's one of the best games I've ever played. The replay value of that game is insane for me. I also have Fight Night Round 4 and I'm gonna get Tiger Woods 11, so you see what I mean ? If those games were made for PC, I wouldn't have a PS3. I would've spent the $300+ on my PC instead.