RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murderonomist

Murderonomist Guest

GPU:
    X-Weasel 2870.5 Graphica
    This is a total shot in the dark, but does Comodo run any sort of HIPS modules? HIPS defense can cause the sort of problems your describing, with firewalls that use HIPS that is.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hey, sorry for not replying your PM, some questions are better to be asked here as the answers may help other users too.

1. Any :)
    2. Yep
    3. Yep
    4. Update is a matter of particular preference, I always do. RadeonPro will work with any 10.x version of Catalyst, and keep in mind that the program itself doesn't do any optimization, you do :)
    5. No
    6. They're apart

Why not :p

Yes, I guess it's the conflict that's making the program misbehave on some systems, need to investigate about it.

ATI CFX logo is part of the driver, I was thinking about something different and less GPU intensive. The bar is easy to draw and consume almost no GPU time.

Kane & Lynch 2 is fixed in build 1.0.8.8, as other games that use some special characters in path name.

In fact it will show x-fire utilization, the top-half of bar will be GPU 1 usage and bottom-half of bar the GPU 2 usage.

Yes sir, it will be :)

Because I like it? :p

I'll make the Global profile apart from current registry settings in a future build.

So it seems GPU temp is very needed... I'll see if it's possible then.

I used to like the SLI bar and don't think it's that intrusive, but that's a matter of preference anyways so maybe it's better to make it somewhat configurable. GPU temp will be available, if it's not too much GPU intensive to retrieve from the driver.

Not sure about the crash in OpenOffice Writer, maybe you're running Comodo software too?

About the mouse freeze, I'm not sure what is causing that, but I hope next build will at least minimize the problem.

Since builds 1.0.8.x there's a new method of application monitoring, that's why previous builds didn't show that behavior. Next build should minimize those freezes as it's much more smart about applications that already have been notified but don't need to be hooked.

That would be a nice addition, indeed. Maybe some options like Steam has, "Show all games" and "Show only installed games" or something like that.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    btw installed CIS5 RC as burebista said and all its working fine now with 1.0.8.7

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Nice. sean_skroht and all other having issues with Comodo IS can please try this new version?

Here's the changelog for CIS 5 RC

What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]

· FIXED! Antivirus scanning freezes in some computers during full scan
    · FIXED! cmdagent.exe crashes in some systems
    · FIXED! cmdagent.exe consumes too much CPU while application launching
    · FIXED! Sandbox shows alerts for non-existing applications
    · FIXED! D+ does not show execution alerts for commandline arguments
    · FIXED! Some applications do NOT work even if they are added to Exclusions list of Shellcode Injections e.g. Daemon Tools or licensing software.
    · FIXED! CIS consumes 100% CPU when the computer first starts and a new zone is detected
    · FIXED! CIS Firewall alerts unnecessarily for manually sandboxed safe processes
    · FIXED! IE8 can execute processes outside the sandbox when UAC is disabled
    · FIXED! CIS causes Pinnacle Studio 14 to crash
    · FIXED! CIS does not protect ProxyServer registry key
    · FIXED! CIS crashes during drag&drop of firewall rules
    · FIXED! CIS shows incorrect icons in firewall rules

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    oh those are the fixes on last RC. But Cis 4 to CIS5 has so many more changes (even a game mode which its great for us ^^) which worths the try. I didnt find any major bugs. Except once that the control-interface crashed, but as long as comodo service doesnt crash, its safe xP.

Anyways it is recommended to do a clean install xP.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm done with Comodo, it had some issues which I couldn't live with.
    But I hope they fixed it in their newest version.

Not using Steam here, can't see why I should.. I find the tiny launcher annoying anyway xD

I'm not using my cellphone to write on forums since I can imagine how painful it can be.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    This is a bit of topic, but I never found D+ being the strenght.
    The strength is the Firewall itself; if you don't use it on automatic mode, its bloody rock solid and has one of the best user interfaces out there.
    Cloud Scanner and Sandbox is for specific usage, not really needed by most people, but it's nice to have the choice.

EDIT: My niece managed to get stuff in regardless of Comodo been in Proactive Mode with everything on highest security level (full suite).
    I installed the Avast Internet suite on her PC some months ago, nothing got trough so far.
    So those lab tests people do, don't always reflect reality either.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  8. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    OT too, japamd don't beat me. :)
    I'm a CIS user for ages now, since it was only a firewall without anything else.
    Firewall is just a firewall, it's filtering incoming and outgoing packets. For that Vista/Seven firewall is doing a great job. Agree that CIS FW it's one of the top notch firewalls out there.
    D+ (and now coupled with their improved Sandbox) on the other hand is protecting you from nasties. You name it, malware, spyware, viruses, 0 day exploits, all bad things found on net/sticks/CD's/whatever and which want to execute on your rig.
    /OT

LE:
    The strength of a classical HIPS is equal with the knowledge of the user who click on that Allow/Deny popup. :)
    But now with CIS 5 with their new Sandbox, Cloud BB and Cloud AV things should be easier for casual user.
    LE2:
    Behavior Blocker. :)
    A good old and well known one is ThreatFire.
    Man, we've hijacked japamd's thread. Hope he'll forgive us. [​IMG]

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    cloud BB and Cloud AV? AV its antivirus which i dont use, but whats BB? xD.

Well we better stop spoling RP post :p.

Btw if in Comodo 5 some1 gets errors, put the firewall to training mode for a while.

10. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    Good day again JapanMD

Per the e-mail I sent you before.
    I also have problems with COMODO + RADEON PRO + STEAM

infact, the latest steam patch plus the 1.8 series of RADEON PRO prevents ANY patching from steam to be applied.
    it gives the error at 26% "win32 error structured exception".

Putting the applications in "compatibility" mode seems to let the program patch but still gets the error of "GAME IS NOT AVALIABLE".
    so must be some sort of bug between 64bits + comodo + radeon pro.

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    btw, in the last version the default skin flickers and CPU is under load when Radeon Pro is in focus, the verde skin does not.

12. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Exactly what I experience, John. Verde is the only skin that behaves properly.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No flickering here while CPU is under load, CPU not under load either, which other app's do you have running when this happens?

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Nothing really that could cause a problem.
    This issue was happening before and was addressed in the newer releases up until the last one. Last one broke it again.

15. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    I think judging from the general consensus from others in this thread, I think I should give CIS 5 beta a try and report back on how I go.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010

16. Voltrath

Voltrath New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 Stock
    AA 16xS

Is there any way that ATI can position the combined 16xS AA as it does nHancer
    with nvidia?
    If you can not believe that this side is quite back ATI, and that this mode of AA obtained very good results.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Combined AA is crap.
    Either you go pure Super Sampling or you use CSAA.
    SSAA is used to remove shimmering, never seen the combined mode being capable of doing so.
    If you don't got any kind of shimmering in a game you should NEVER use SSAA standalone neither combined.
    As for AA quality, ATI does as good as Nvidia.
    And ATI doesn't give shimmering when AA is forced/used, so why should it have separate SSAA modes at all?

Just use wide tenth and your set.

18. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Well I just tried RadeonPro 1.0.8.7 with the latest Comodo 5 RC and Steam still crashes when running a Steam game.

Japamd I think this is something definitely needing your consideration. No matter what I try I can't stop the crashes.

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but after the 10.8 drivers were released yesterday, I added a profile for AA in Starcraft II. However, with the profile setup, when I launch the game it wont connect to battle.net - comes up saying it cant connect and to check your internet connection.

Using 1.0.8.7.

20. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    With recent builds my radeonpro window seems to be moving massively out past the virtual screen edge when in/un-installing ati drivers. (I saw a msg further up that his radeonpro wasnt popping up when clicking the tray icon, this is probably your issue too) In the config.xml i have to either delete or change the incorrect coord.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.