RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    I just got a similar error to ghostsniper and reported it.

2. JackM

JackM Guest

3. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh mine failed to autoupdate too again (no skins used other than default classic)..autoupdate hasnt worked for several iterations now, but full vers installs fine.

update: just did a quick test, can finally get transformers wfc with AA + 60fps unlocker app running together! awesome :p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

You're welcome. I'm going to debug the program in Windows XP this weekend.

When updating to the new build (1.0.8.1), please try an auto-update and post the Updater.log you'll going to find in program's installation folder, that will help me to understand why the updater is keeping failing on you. Thanks!

About TWFC, that's cool! But which profile did you used? I'm getting transparent walls using BIAHH and Mass Effect profiles + Catalyst 10.7a...

Updates

08/19/2010 - New build 1.0.8.1

- Fixed: Adaptive Anti-Aliasing not being correctly displayed after profile switching
    - Fixed: AppCrash dialog after skin download or skin change (the program starts fine thought)
    - Fixed: program icon gets duplicated after skin change
    - Changed: the installer now clears the Skins folder at version upgrade time to avoid crashes due to out-of-date skins
    - New: skins versions are now verified against the minimun version required by the main program, outdated skins can't be used and are deleted
    - New: new "Check for Skins" button in Skins Dialog
    - New: new option to uninstall a Skin

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It's open beta? Can you post a link to the download site so I can see if I can reproduce the error?

6. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Radeonpro just crashed while web browsing (error reported) with 1.08, clicked it again and said update 1.081 was availible, this time it actually 'did' autoupdate correctly. So unless you fixed it, only thing i did differently was when i uninstalled it previously and kept my settings etc, was to go and delete the cache and tmp folders in my documents/roaming dir etc.

Yeh im still using 10.5a cats with bioshock aa profile (as every cat version after that has broken cf support for the 4870x2) also later versions break twfc with transparent walls as u describe etc.

7. Hazado

Hazado Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
  8. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Screenshot button dosen't work in DX11 games for me.

9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    OK, update went fine again to 1.8.1 but from 1.8.0 all shortcuts from ObjectDock gave me an error and ObjectDock is closing.
    If I quit RadeonPro everything is fine. Strange. :3eyes:

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - I updated RP to v1.0.8.1 and all seems fine now... the main RP window is opening as normal and switching between skins doesn't cause the program to crash anymore. Thanks for that.

Any chance of a fix for the Global settings thing... they haven't changed at the moment because I haven't played a game that used a profile but they do seem to change almost randomly. Sometimes I'll play a game and the Global settings are left alone but at others times the AA and AF settings change to that of the last profile I ran. That also includes the CCC's 3D settings by the way.

It's not a major issue, just a little inconvenient in the sense that I have to keep monitoring both the Global and CCC's 3D settings to ensure that they're set to their defaults prior to running another game.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into RP though.

11. alexp999

alexp999 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 2GB
  12. juzz

juzz Member

GPU:
    4090 watercooled
  13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If it keeps crashing please let me know if you can reproduce the crash (i.e. launching a shortcut, which program, etc.)

Thanks, downloading it now.

Edit: it's working for me, launched it from the Start menu

Edit2: it just crashed, trying to figure out why now.

Screenshot only works if you have enabled in profile one of Direct3D tweaks options, otherwise the screenshot module won't be loaded.

It's the new application detection engine, does it happen with other shortcuts?

I'm trying to figure out why it's not being restored on your end...

Does Bioshock profile always mess with your global settings?

Thanks, fixed it half-hour ago.

14. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Nope, only those from ObjectDock toolbar.

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Could you add a kill process for AppProfiles.dll please?
    The gd file stays always loaded, it should get killed upon update request for the app.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well it was BioShock 2's settings that seemed to have been applied to the Global settings last time and they in turn changed the CCC's 3D setting too. Incidentally the -dx9 trigger didn't work and the game loaded under DX10 with AA obviously not working. I'm pretty sure the Global settings have changed when using other profiles too as I haven't played either BioShock or its sequel for ages until recently.

If the Global settings are the same as the CCC's 3D settings and RP is set to not alter them unless the user does so either through RP or the CCC then how can they change?

I've always assumed that the Global/CCC 3D settings are mirrored in another registry location prior to running a profile and simply restored fully by the RP Service once I exit a game. If the Global settings are changing without any user intervention then that implies to me that the original settings are not being fully restored for some reason.

Initially, I thought it was just a refresh issue as the OpenGL triple buffering setting always shows as Off when I open the RP window for the first time post-boot but if I click anywhere inside the window it changes to On, which is the setting I use. However, I've checked with the CCC and its 3D settings mirror (obviously) the Global settings used by RP and when they change so do the CCC's.

Is there any extra information I can provide you with which might help you track down this issue? I believe MerolaC is having the same problem as me too.

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok, just made some changes and I hope next build will fix it.

It should unload when RadeonPro is finished...

I'll check the shortcut parameter not working, thanks for reporting.

There's a single area in registry that keeps all current 3D settings. Before loading a profile RadeonPro saves all current 3D settings in memory and waits for the process to finish to finally restore the saved 3D settings.

I'll make RadeonPro ignore settings that are not equal to the global profile settings when starting a profile, so wrong settings won't be restored to the registry, that should fix it.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates

08/20/2010 - New build 1.0.8.2

- Fixed: Random crashes while starting programs
    - New: the auto-updater now reports when and why a previous update failed

19. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Sorry man, ObjectDock still crashes. :(

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Please check version of AppProfiles.dll file, it must be 1.0.1.1 (right-click the file and click on Details tab)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.