RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @MerolaC - ArmA II supports two methods of AA. It has the traditional method, which is selectable from a Video option: None, Low, Normal, High, Very High, etc., or you can also use supersampling if you want to by setting the 3D Resolution higher than the native resolution of your display. Using both together will cause a massive performance hit so isn't recommended unless you have a 2 GB video card.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I did, but AA is no go in GTA IV :(

There are, at least, 2 files that controls DX and CFX optimizations, atiumdag and aticfx32, respectively, so yes, there will be cases that CrossfireX will be forced-enabled and other D3D optimizations will still be active. But sometimes the first also can have a Crossfire profile and no profile at all in second, in those cases the D3D optimizations won't work.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates

08/19/2010 - New build 1.0.8.0

- New: individual profiles can now be temporarily disabled, the program will warn the user when an existing profile have been skipped processing
    - New: launcher based (Steam, Games for Windows Live) games now can be forced to use another Anti-Aliasing or CrossfireX profile (OpenGL is not supported yet)
    - New: the error reporting dialog now sends (whenever possible) a detailed trace of internal application actions sequence for better error tracking and fixing
    - Fixed: launching an URL may fail on some systems
    - Fixed: the program may enter in an infinite load-unload loop if an error occurs in main window initialization and no skin is being used
    - Fixed: if main mutex cannot be created the program may fail silently
    - Fixed: if an instance of the program is already running and the program is started again, the program may fail silently if an IPC communication channel cannot be opened
    - Changed: HD 2000/3000/4000 Series now shows correct Adaptive Anti-Aliasing modes, Performance and Quality instead of Multisampling and Supersampling used by HD 5000 Series
    - Changed: the program window doesn't flash anymore at startup when it's configured to start mimized
    - Changed: the online error reporting dialog don't report errors anymore for older builds than the current one to avoid reporting errors already fixed by latest build (the program will inform the user to update the program)
    - Changed: small tweaks to the Add New Profile Wizard
    - Changed: JumpLists now show a bullet near the active monitoring option to indicate current status
    - Changed: LOD adjustment now can be set to zero to enforce negative LOD clamp (previous builds ignores LOD=0 by removing the entry from registry to emulate driver defaults when LOD is not set)

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Awesome! Just awesome!
    Testing now!

Thanks japamd!

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Good job! Gonna test it right now :)

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Slight issue - the autoupdater doesnt seem to be updating it correctly for some reason? Any chance of a direct Download so I can uninstall and re-install completely :)

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  8. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Works fine here.

Thanks japamd, nice work as usual. :thumbup:

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    At last!!! Every day for the past month I've been eagerly clicking on the Check for Updates button to see if there's an update. It's almost become an obsession! :p

*EDIT*

Auto Update didn't work for me. The download appeared to complete and install with no errors - the history window appeared - but upon restarting RP it still showed as v1.0.7.51. :3eyes:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I downloaded and manually installed v1.0.8.0 but RP is crashing constantly and when the window does appear none of the profiles are showing.

This is the error (I've submitted it too):

-- Begin Report----------
    AppProfiles.dll Ver 1, 0, 1, 0
    atimgpud.dll
    exec.exe Ver 1.0.0.0
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll Ver 0.85.5
    Localization.dll Ver 1.0.0.0
    Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll Ver 1.0.0.3
    Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.dll Ver 1.0.0.3
    RadeonPro.exe Ver 1.0.8.0
    RadeonProSupport.exe Ver 1.0.3.2
    raphook.dll
    RPExtender.dll Ver 1.0.0.1
    RPJumpLists.dll Ver 1.0.0.7

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Right I managed to get RP v1.0.8.0 working by completely uninstalling and reinstalling it. Seems the problem was caused by the skin I was using (Verde). When you uninstall RP it deletes the Skins folder and uses the default Classic skin which works fine. However, I can only apply the ATI Ruby skin; both the ATI Ruby 2 and Verde cause RP to stop working and crash.

Anyone else getting this?

*EDIT*

All four skins are selectable now and I'm using Verde. Could have been a one-off glitch then. I'll reboot and see if RP still works OK.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    OK... so RP is working post-boot so that's great. Noticed, though, that the Global settings are still changing... saw 4xAA, 16xAF and OpenGL triple buffering disabled... remember this is a clean install BEFORE I'd ran any game.

Reset them back to their defaults, saved the amended Global settings, closed RP and checked the CCC to see the same settings there too (I leave them at their defaults of Application Controlled with OpenGL triple buffering enabled).

Any idea why the Global settings are changing, japamd? The last game I ran with RP v1.0.7.51 was BioShock 2 which had 4xAA and 16xAF forced so I'm guessing they're the ones applied to the Global settings. However, the game quit properly and I heard the sound followed by the RP icon changing from the No Entry sign back to the normal one.

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Can confirm this too.

Otherwise, it is working great.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Clicking on Check Updates alerts me that there are new skins to download. When I click on the eye though, I just see all four default skins under the Installed heading and there are no new ones to download. Bug or am I using the wrong skins?

*EDIT*

Another issue... the RP icon is showing in the Quick Launch area but it refuses to maximise when I click on it. The Aero Preview shows the window though but with a black blob were the profiles should be. According to Task Manager RP is still working OK. Why can't I display the window?

*EDIT 2*
    Logged off then on... double-clicked on RP icon in System Tray which normally opens up the window but it just activates the RP icon button in the Quick Launch area (or whatever it's called now in Windows 7). I can no longer open the window at all even right-clicking on the RP icon and selecting Open RadeonPro.

Rebooted and the RP window is still refusing to open.

Seems to have happened since I clicked Check Updates and viewed the Skins window (which didn't have any new skins anyway).

*EDIT 3*

Here goes... I traced the cause of this problem back to the skins; they're just not working on my PC and cause RP to crash if I apply any of them, even the Classic one. I did this by right-clicking on the Quick Launch icon by the way and selecting Start with Skin as I was unable to open the RP window.

So I quit RP, deleted the Skins folder and restarted RP. It now appears to work fine with the Classic skin and the window will open normally. I'll have to stick with this for now as the others just cause RP to crash resulting in the window eventually refusing to open at all.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  15. JackM

JackM Guest

I have big troubles with 1.0.8.0 under XP SP3 with Mobility HD 4850 and Catalyst 10.7. When the new version is running, I get constant crashes in any application I'm using (like Firefox). The error I get is:
    "Instruction xxx uses memory address xxx. Memory cannot be written." These errors stop as soon as I exit RadeonPro (without stopping the service).

I have first used the updater from the previous version then I tried to uninstall the reinstall the program with the new installer but the issue remains the same.

As I really would like to continue to use your program, do you have a direct link to download the previous version (1.0.7.51) which work without any issue on my setup?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010

16. Hazado

Hazado Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    The new version causes FFXIV beta to crash when the updater for it starts. Not sure why. If I close the program then start the updater, then turn it back on after its done it works fine.

17. Gh0st7niper

Gh0st7niper New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    Previous version is working well, but now i have this error. I use XP.

[​IMG]

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I just saw the error reports and it seems that a lot of errors are related to out of date skins, if you're getting errors please see if you're running the latest version of skins as follows: (the title bar shows the program version and skin version)

ATI Ruby: 1.0.1.12
    ATI Ryby 2: 1.0.1.10
    Verde: 1.0.3.4

Maybe the auto-updater is not updating the skins as it should. For those who downloaded the full installer and kept the Skins folder, the program will use the older versions of skins that can lead to problems, I need to make the program check if the skin version is compatible with main program version. As a workaround, just finish RadeonPro and delete Skins folder in program's installation folder.

Gh0st7niper, did you reported the error? By the screenshot I can't see any useful information :(

For the ones who want to install the previous build, download it from here:
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/1.0.7.51/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

19. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Here updating skins was OK.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for the feedback, for me it's updating fine too, but there are some cases where the updater seem to finish the update but when the program restarts the old version files are still there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.