-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 8=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Pictures or it never happened! :D j/k

Waiting for delivery man to drop me off some Samsung F3 1TB goodness, to replace an older 500GB drive!

2. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    There will be pictures when I finally finish my cable management - the last piece of the puzzle was the card, so now I can get to work :p

I have two Samsung F3 in RAID0 - reeeeeeeeeeally nice HDDs - now they are the loudest thing in my case. They vibrate a lot, making the case resonate. Tomorrow I will put them in the home-made rubber line harness - bye bye vibrations :) If the noise will be too loud, I will make home-made silencing boxes:
    http://forum.dzikie.net/index.php?action=show_temat&id=17759
    It's in Polish, but picture says a thousand words :)

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    my ghetto fan mod inspired by the people who did this to their GTX480's.
    [​IMG]
    It is idling at 39*C with GPU fan on auto and the cooler master fan at max speed. Before was around 45*C. I also have a 80mm fan exhausting out the side panel, which helps remove the hot air that was going to go to my radiator fans on the H50.
    [​IMG]
    Load temps at default clocks have dropped almost 10*C. Overclocked, seemed to have only dropped 5*C. Whats great is that I dont have to manually turn up the fan before gaming like I used to.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  4. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    So whats the load temps?

5. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    I've upgraded my system for the first time in years, a few pics.
    Out with the m2n-e sli with Athlon x2 5000+ BE en 3gb ram:
    [​IMG]

In with the M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (yeah the one from the latest guru review) Athlon II x3 440 and 4GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz ram:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Don't mind the mess :p
    A: this was directly after I got the stuff and wanted to play with it asap
    B: new (different sized) graphics card is on the way so I'am gonna wait with cable management

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  6. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    @VGR - This is one big-ass cooler you have there :D And I thought my Mugen 2 with two fans was big :p

7. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Hahahaha, well it looks bigger than it is because the CM centurion 5 is not a large case. But you're absolutely right, the CM hyper z600 is massive ;)
    To switch out my memory I have to remove it, and with the case I have that means almost a complete disassembly of my system, that sucks.

8. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Testing GPU fan speed at 35% with my gaming overclocks lulz, it goes up to around 85*C.
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/843/gputemps.jpg
    Can still have GPU fan at 50% and I still cant hear it. Temps dont change much though, but CPU temps drop because the GPU fan will blow air outward and keep less of it going upwards to the CPU fans. Without overclocks and GPU fan 50%, it floats in the mid 70's :)

9. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    vgr: buy some canned air pls xD

10. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Moah, dust doesn't really bother me. The fans are pretty clean and working fine and I hardly ever see the inside om my pc. Might clean it sometime in the future.

11. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    a WIP, first actual proper PC. I'm working full time now, so I've got the time and juice to pour into this thing. Using dodgy kingston ram at the moment because the ram the guys sent me didn't work for some odd reason, so I'm waiting on some dominators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thinking of painting the **** out of the case. I do alot of texture work and painting for 3d/mods and traditional painting so I'm thinking of trying my hand at doing it IRL on my case (obviously with practice on a much ****ter case).

Fake rust, terran/halo ish type patterning, red trim, chrome accents etc Those big top meshes are a big sexy canvas to spray some sort of design on too. Could even just make all the meshes chrome and that would look pretty cool with the light bouncing through it.

12. R404a

R404a Member

GPU:
    2X HD 5850
    Very nice guitar :) JS ?

13. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    nah just an RG, owned it for about 5 years now (whoa) and I've pretty much played the absolute **** out of it. IT has a weird matte bare wood finish, has a really nice sound compared to the "better" guitars that have glossy finishes. Dunno, just something about it. Definitely a keeper, until I inevitably get discovered and become a huge rockstar and get 12 gibsons :douche:

14. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    So what ever we do 60's are a no go :( I had 2x5870 and sold them because they where going up to 85c most of the time and the fans at 50% it was like a jet engine :)
    now I'm with a 8800gts and thinking what to do!
    WC is to Mach fass and money I had 1-2 setups with WC and they cost a lot!
    With 2 VGA I have a lot of heat and noise
    With one I do not have a lot of fps :) and now I'm thinking to wait for the new ati 6000 or get one 5970... But I was reading it has a lot of db as well.....
    :( I do not know what to do...
    Ps: I have a big case thermal take speedo advance with lots of fans in it the room temps are 25c

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Geo, you might want to look at this
    [​IMG]
    http://www.prolimatech.com/products/vga_cooler/mk-13.html

Saw someone with it at Quakecon on a GTX480 over the weekend. I did a doubletake when i recognized the familiar GTX400 series C shaped intake fan holes. It sure was inaudible, but its not recommended to be overclocking with it from what I've read unless you want to somehow strap a fan onto it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010

16. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    Looks nice man but what about the rest of the parts of the vga they run very hot and if i use this without a fan they rest of them exempted the gpu will burn :) the stock fan have direct contact with some parts so they cool down

17. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Your profile says UD3R X58 but that can't be what is pictured because they have 6 RAM slots. Have you got P55 instead?

[​IMG]

18. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    I think it's the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R.

[​IMG]

19. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Got my i7 rig all put together:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now to do some oc'ing...:)

20. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    [​IMG]

not sure what els i can do to this pc now i think am finished but to a modder we never finish all ways something to mod

by the way its the PSU cover i made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.