KFC to sue itself.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Aug 16, 2010.

1. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Just because humans have made a ton of mistakes, and decisions that have either positively or negatively effected us or the environment that we live in, doesn't mean we have to so blatantly in the future. I am all for technology and technology helping or contributing to our lives, but i think we better be real careful about the decisions we make, more careful than we have been in the past especially now that we take so much pride in being a technologically advanced civilization.

Pro's of GMO's :
    * Food that can deliver vaccines – bananas that produce hepatitis B vaccine

* More nutritious foods – rice with increased iron and vitamins

* Faster growing fish, fruit and nut trees

* Plants producing new plastics

Negative's

* Potential human health impact: allergens, transfer of antibiotic resistance markers, unknown effects

* Potential environmental impact: unintended transfer of transgenes through cross-pollination, unknown effects on other organisms (e.g., soil microbes), and loss of flora and fauna biodiversity

* Domination of world food production by a few companies

* Increasing dependence on Industralized nations by developing countries

* Biopiracy – foreign exploitation of natural resources

* Violation of natural organisms’ intrinsic values

* Tampering with nature by mixing genes among species

* Objections to consuming animal genes in plants and vice versa

* Stress for animal

* Labeling not mandatory in some countries (e.g., United States)

* Mixing GM crops with non-GM confounds labeling attempts

* New advances may be skewed to interests of rich countries

Why we might have no other choice due to overpopulation:

I will always chose natural and locally grown over GMO's. I think this world is slowly becoming a overpopulated mess. I will chose to live out my days in smaller cities and country town's, away from the mass's, eating as fresh food as I can possibly get.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Year US Canada Outside Company-owned
    2003 1,324 20 320 95
    2004 1,382 28 347 67
    2005 1,427 28 315 56
    2006 1,459 31 306 50
    2007 1,507 34 276 61
    2008 1,527 39 301 55
    2009 1,539 42 325 37

Nope lol. Been around for a while in many countries. Think it started in America just by the large number though.

3. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    Well, at least in my country, more than half of the population don't give a damn bout healthy food, we fry eggs with 2 oz of oil, and good ole KFC packed with peeps 24hours a day.

4. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Hey You Malaysians can eat whatever You want, I am also a fan of junk food on occasion in moderation. Whatever choice You make of what to eat is "all You". Eat all the s h i t you would like..but in my Country it is becoming a degradation of society due to false-information.

There is a difference between gene-crossing through reproduction/ selective breeding and genetically modified plants and animals..where You are taking gene's from outside the species to bring favorable traits in. I wouldn't even eat some of the results of selective breeding, let alone GMO's :

[​IMG]

I think we could go on about this forever. I'll leave it to opinion and preference.

5. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    I guess so, but the funny thing is, McD has been playing two face all this while, fast food + sandwiches, salads n ****, and nothing really torch them except for the supersize me exposure. They playing some voodoo magic to cloud their customers n franchisees ?

6. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    You're joking; right! Nothing wrong with GMOs? Time to start doing some serious research and uncover the "Naked" truth! It would take me an entire day to go through all the evils of GMOs. :bang:
    I dug this out of an "on the vine" tomato that had a PLU code, designating it as conventionally grown. It's obviously a GMO frankenfood and this is far from an isolated incident of cross contamination! When I dug this out of the tomato, these "branches" were very hard - like brush bristles. They reach halfway into the tomato. No one; I repeat, no one can predict the consequences of mixing up DNA from totally different species! This is far from normal!:
    [​IMG]

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Overpopulated by whose standards? If its overpopulated, how did you find a small city or country town?

8. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Frankenfoods, are they on the same league as cloned animal's produce ?

9. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    By my standard, all I was doing was stating my opinion..nothing more. "the world is starting to become a overpopulated mess" is what I should of said and it is based on nothing more than pure speculation, mine. :3eyes:..

:Edit: I just looked back and i even said "I THINK". I'm done. I appreciate you sharing your P.O.V, but it seems you think this is some right and wrong issue when it is nothing more than perspective on society,health, science and technology and there are lots of factors included in that like where we are from, up-bringing, our beliefs and standard of living. Enjoy.

lol Randy B., those don't even look like vines or branch's they look like little antler's..lol mixing deer dna to into tomato's j/k

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I lurve KFC but only have it once a year at most. KFC is one of those meals where you can actually feel your arteries hardening as you eat.

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Serious research? If you read ten thousand pages of propagandist drivel, you have done less research than a first month biology student.

12. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    I don't know why it's so difficult for people to do real research, rather than just accepting whatever the corporations tell them! For a little light reading, scroll down to:
    Are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Bad?
    http://www.optimumchoices.com/March_2010.htm

13. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    ...and of course, they were longer than that. I cut them off!

14. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Gee; I wonder what corporation the Biology deparment is funded by. I hope you don't believe that "formal" education makes you more intelligent!

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yes, your informal one is superior. The extent of your informal education is simply to tell people they haven't seen the light and how silly they are, and when it comes to real facts, fall on your face.

16. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    RandyB searching the Internet & posting sites is not research. Anyone can post & most of the information is incorrect. Read studies published by reputable, fact based science & health journals. You know the ones that scientists & doctors actually strive to have their work published in. Even those can be wrong at times. Much like the case where a doctor in the U.K. that linked the MMR vaccine to autism who was recently struck from UK medical register for serious professional misconduct.
    http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0524/doctor-linked-mmr-vaccine-autism-struck-uk-medical-register/

17. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Formal education does not make you 'intelligent' or 'smart'*, it makes you informed and allows you to understand what real research actually is/looks like/feels like.

Some of the most important things I learned in school were simply about the rigor necessary to conduct actual research and why that rigor is necessary.

Randy you claim to have done 'serious research', so ask yourself how many biology textbooks you have read in the course of your research? All you have to do is look up your state university, look up online what text they use for a particular biology course & buy the prior edition. For about $20 you can get a textbook that cost $130 this way.

This might hurt to hear, but the only research I've seen from you randy, is that you listen to people who lie to you. I really hope you buckle down and hear what the science has to say, not just the demagogues.

*eta: actually it can due to neuroplasticity, but it isn't a pre-req nor certain to do so.

18. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    "There is none so blind as he who will not see". I suppose this world renowned neurosurgeon is also just an ill-informed nutbar.
    http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/
    I laugh at university students and even graduates who think they're more intelligent than the common folk, because they've read some government (and corporation) approved books.:banana:

19. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yes, he is ill-informed. Read the crap he writes. It reads more like a conspiracy blog entry than a real study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10736380

Real proof, instead of fake proof.

Also, and I consider this ultimate heresy. To quote this study, of all studies, that basically started all this autism nonsense.

A quote, from a study retracted by the Lancet, the very journal that published it, because they were so unhappy with its methodology.

That's right, that's the writer your doctor quoted. Him. He's had time to remove that paper, and he hasn't done it, why? He's cited a completely flawed and biased study as evidence for his claim, and still hasn't fixed it, or removed it entirely.

Guy who wrote the quoted study was stripped of his title as a doctor by the GMC.

And that's just the first nonsense thing I saw, in the first thing I opened.

20. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Randy is right. Your a fool for believing what Government funded research (books, doctors, etc) and 'facts' tell you.
    We evolved from ancestors that lived off the land. They ate what naturally grew. Look at history for the proof. The human race is progressively getting worse; all the retardation and stupidity. All the un-natural food we consume with containment's and modifications really do change our bodies, for the worse.

No research needs to be done to support anything. Use your common sense. They do this crap for the profit and taste (which of course, leads to more money) There is NO need for this stuff to be in our foods. Cutting corners all the way :bang: