Lost Planet 2 Benchmark DX11, DX9

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Gameslove, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The GTX 480 is a great card for tessellation and scales beautifully in SLI from the benchmarks I've seen but here in the UK it's stupidly expensive plus runs hot, is loud and I'd need to upgrade my PSU to run two cards.

I'm actually an ex-NVIDIA card owner and intend switching back to their cards once they've tamed the higher-end Fermi cards as I'm not entirely happy with ATI's drivers. Their cards are very good, well-built, quiet and power-efficient but all that's for naught if the drivers aren't up to scratch.

To be fair, ATI do exactly what's expected of them as far as drivers go but no more; NVIDIA, IMHO, go that extra mile and their drivers are not only more stable but more up to date with support for new games. The LP2 SLI profile came within hours of the benchmark being released. You frequently have to wait months for ATI to support games and their idea of supporting CrossFireX in games is to disable it if it doesn't work properly, e.g. Blur.

For now I'm OK with the HD 5870s I have but I really wish ATI would wake up and do some real work to improve their drivers, especially CrossFireX performance. Per-game profiles should have been added years ago IMO and its depressing that I can't run BioShock or its sequel in DX10 with AA. It's little things like that which make me wish I'd stuck with NVIDIA. :(

2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Same here ;0)

Smooth as butter ...... ( 55-60 fps )

All maxed out in DX 11 with Vsync on ( LOVE MY GTX 480 )

Cheers ....

3. talour

talour New Member

@Unrealgaming, can you pm me your other settings you had for the setup, and also your standard graphics settings in the ati control panel (AF/mipmaps, etc) because i have nearly the same setup as you, but got a lot less performance.

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    i7 920 @ 4.2
    GTX 480 @ 825 / 1650 / 4200
    1920x1200, everything max, 8xCSAA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say I can't really see myself playing this game, it looks boring and actually worse than the first one.

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You know, morbias, you and I get similar scores. I wonder where the difference is? I'm running my 965 as a tri-core at 4ghz right now, I wonder how much that counts into the 5 FPS difference between you and I.

Because with the exact same settings, I get 42.1 fps.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From the reviews of the console version it's more or less like Left4Dead, that is it's more focused on multiplayer and co-op in how it plays, AI is said to be pretty bad as well though it's apparently not that buggy and rather well done though somewhat weak in gameplay (And there's not much in terms of SP content.) so overall it had rather average reviews though can apparently be quite fun with two-three friends or something like that, based on what I've read in various reviews and from comments on a variety of sites plus Youtube videos and the like though, unsure about the game but we'll see how things turn out.
    (As usual it's probably a good port from Capcom but I don't think any of their current titles have done well on PC despite that, these delays from console version to PC release that happen most of the time are part the reason I'd guess and some titles like DMC4 or SF4 don't have any larger market or following on PC compared to console despite the good execution overall, LIVE is a bit of a problem to certain people as well though I've had no major issues with it and it's updated now and again to improve and add features and functionality though it's not the most elegant of solutions and matchmaking can be problematic.)

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -

I'm guessing it's the high overclock on your 470, this benchmark is totally GPU limited in DX11 with that AA setting, even though it does look meh

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    During the bench, the processor went up to 95% usage, too. But there's no way I can enable the other core and stay at 4ghz, so I can't really test for us, it gets too hot.

9. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    could any 480GTX (@stock) owner run this benchmark with my settings?

dx11 (1920x1200, MSAA 8x, Dx11 high, rest on high)

Bench A managed with CrossfireX
    Scene 1: 65.2 FPS (GPU's load 99%) GPU limited
    Scene 2: 59.3 FPS (GPU's load 99%) GPU limited
    Scene 3: 77.5 FPS (GPU's load 99%) GPU limited

Bench B without CrossfireX (as program stop respond)
    38.6 FPS (GPU's load 99%) GPU limited

After disabling/enabling Crossfire I managed to run bench A in CrossfireX and scales pretty well. With one card I have in Bench A about 53% of the Crossfire performance that means in Bench 2 I'll have around 70 FPS which is not bad.

Comparing with the results of Morbias Bench 2 46.4 (one 480 GTX card) it means that one 5870 (stock) is ca. 80% of his 480 GTX (overclocked) which again is not bad.

@Darren Hodgson what do you get on Bench B with one 5870 (@dx11, 1920x1200, MSAA 8x, Dx11 high, rest on high).

I just want to see performance difference in this bench (as I doubt that I will buy this one as it looks pretty boring as the first one:3eyes:) between 480GTX and 5870 in dx11 and tesselation as I think that the difference is around 20%.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  10. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    So much for that optimised for Intel nonsense at the start of the benchmark lol

DX9, 1920x1200, 8xCSAA

[​IMG]

Didn't bother with the other test as it changes everytime you run it. The water looks so much better in DX9 too :p

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010

11. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    DX11 fails for me ):

12. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I cant for the life of me get the BM to even run sigh....

13. OATKK

OATKK Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    just got these when I run dx9 and dx11 mode.

[​IMG]

I've try to re-download the file for 3 times. I just don't know why?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  14. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    not possible to run sli mode in dx11 and dx9. I try to configure for it in nvidia control panel but no chance.

15. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Rig from Sig...

DX9 1900x1200 all high no AA

TEST A
    RANK A
    73.5 FPS AVG

TEST B
    RANK B
    54.3 FPS AVG

16. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

1920x1080 Everything maxed with 8xCSAA
    259.31 Drivers

Test A

[​IMG]

Test B

[​IMG]

17. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    damn, also nvidia SLI is brocken?? Didn't thought on that:3eyes:.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a profile update for it now though or so it seems (Posted a bit further up, NVIDIA and EVGA used to release SLI updates like that to support the latest titles before drivers appeared but it's been a bit slow lately, though various beta drivers have appeared rather frequently instead.)

For ATI I suppose using the LostPlanet 1 exe name might work with improving framerate further or perhaps any other exe name with decent scaling like Far Cry 2 or Oblivion though it's probably better to use a game from a similar engine.
    (RE5, DMC4 might work as well.)

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game seems to be seems to be extremely CPU bound.

Test B no aa 1440x900

E6750 34fps
    Q9450 49fps

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't ran that one in DX11 with one card but with Test A I got 30 something fps from memory and a C rating. I took a screenshot so I'll check later when I'm at home. That Test A score was enough to put me off running the more demanding Test B under DX11 on one card. It's depressing that ATI's cards are so crud at tessellation compared with the NVIDIA cards. CrossFireX performance (when it works) often only just achieves what a single GTX 480 can do!!!

Incidentally, how did you get Test A to run under DX11 in CrossFireX mode? Everytime I load the DX11 benchmark is crashes back to the desktop after the last splash screen and just before the menu appears. I have managed to get DX11 working by renaming the LP2DX11.exe to AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe but the graphics are corrupted, with the characters and enemies rendered invisible!