StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's pointless, isn't it? Explaining with cold hard facts, I'll just get blown away as a fanboy because I like Blizzard as a company, even though what I say is completely rational, because I like the company, it somehow turns it into gibberish. I always thought of Guru3D as a mature forum, but it seems not as mature as I thought.

2. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    What kind of cold hard fact about the notice being there since midnight release when it is not true at all. What kind of cold hard fact about it is not the beginning of microtransaction services when they clearly state it is? I'm posting the news from their own blog and tell people to expect microtransaction services with a little speculation on what could be put on the MT service.

You then came in and tell me to stop spreading misinformation when the 'cold hard fact' you spewed are actually even worse than my speculation since they are all false.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    blizzard is a cash juggernaut that just got 88 million richer via a court decision vs a bootleg world of warcrap server that was using microtransactions. apparently the girl that ran the server made 3 million of pirating world of warcrap and got hit with 88 million in fines lol.

i mean feed the damn beast, not that i disagree with the decision but that some staggering figure that they dumped on that girl.

do not fear tho soon all big game publishers will have their own services and servers and will nickle and dime you for everything they can, hell its worked microsoft and xbox live for years, why not for other companies. people showed they would put up with it and love it so pile on.

4. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    TBH, she should know the risk of setting up the pirate server, profit or no profit, it doesn't matter.

Blizzard is a company and they are here to make money. Nothing wrong with adding microtransaction that doesn't change the gameplay or tip over the balance.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    oh yea i mean she setup a bootleg server for people with pirated clients no doubt and charged money for items to line her pockets and pay for server costs. i mean but 88 million? 20 million seems like a more round number not that she could pay 20 million nevermind 88 million.

but i am sure the number was based on the "do not bleep with us" school of law.

me i loathe microtransactions, having been sucked into a mt game and spent stupid amounts of cash on the thing, i have a special hate for the mention of microtransactions. yea it was my own fault and i learned from it, but companies charging for stuff that would have been free not too long ago and removing the functionality of dedicated servers and lan play etc so they can funnel you through their own services and milk money out of you rubs me very much the wrong way.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    guys arent you a bit offtopic here. ???

Either way back on the thread. Has anyone been having some Battle.net problems lately? I got dropped 4 times in a row today......

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    It was fine 2 days ago even playing on NA server from HK. But it was laggy last night. around 4am PDT or 11am GMT

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    new leaked patch notes.

Ghost

• Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to Biological-Psionic-Light.

Planetary Fortress

• Cost decreased from 150 Minerals and 150 Vespene Gas to 50 minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.

Mule

• Life span reduced from 90 to 70.

Marauder

• Bonus damage no longer applies to structures.

• Concussive shells now has a cool-down of 5 seconds.

Viking

• The damage done by this unit in Fighter Mode has changed from 10 (+4 armored) to 8(+6 armored).

Raven

• Seeker Missile range has been increased from 6 to 9.

• Seeker Missile splash radius has been increased from 2 to 2.4

SCV

• Repair now increases attack priority.

Thor

• 250mm Strike Cannons research requirement removed.

• The Thor can now attack neutral structures (such as destructible rocks) with this ability.

PROTOSS

Observer

• Cost decreased from 50 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 25 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas.

• Build time decreased from 40 seconds to 33 seconds

Carrier

• The build time for this unit has decreased from 120 to 100.

• Build Interceptor now defaults to auto-cast.

Interceptor

• Armor type changed from Mechanical-Light to Mechanical.

Mothership

• Now spawns with 100 energy.

Pylon

• Now takes 50% additional damage while warping in.

Warp Gate

• Units now take 50% additional damage while warping in. This bonus damage does not apply to units warped in via Warp Prism.

Archon

• The pathing radius for this unit has been decreased.

High Templar

• Psionic storm now reveals cloaked units.

Dark Shrine

• Build time decreased from 100 seconds to 80 seconds.

• Cost decreased from 100 Minerals and 250 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas.

Void Ray

• Damage while charged changed from 10 (+15 armored) to 5 (+25 armored). “Fazing”

now possible until Void Ray has become charged.

ZERG

Queen

• New ability: Nest- binds Queen to targeted Hatchery, casting spawn larva on cooldown. Cannot attack or use transfusion while nested.

Burrow(

• Units will now attack while the exit burrow animation completes. Enemy units will

no longer receive a “free shot” on units as they leave the burrowed state.

• Zerg units now receive +1 regeneration while burrowed in creep. Does not stack with other bonuses to regeneration.

Roach

• Burrowed move speed increased from 1.4 to 2.

• Armor value increased from 1 to 2.

Infestor

• Neural Parasite no longer has a research requirement. Can no longer be used on psionic units.

• Health increased from 90 to 120.

Ultralisk

• Head Attack removed. Damage versus buildings changed to regular attack damage 15 (+25 armored).

Greater Spire(

• Build time reduced from 120 to 90.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with cloaked units still casting shadows.

• Fixed an issue where players were not receiving the Collector’s Edition Thor.

• Fixed an issue causing increased frequency of play between random and arranged teams.

General

• Numerous performance and stability improvements.

• Multi-threading improved.

• Rally points can now be issued an attack move command when being placed.

• Players may now manually rebind keys.

• Added a new control scheme for players familiar with first-person shooter controls.

• New maps added to ladder.

hopefully will see huge performance increase.

should be able to play on ultra with my phenom II n930 2 ghz ati radeon mobility 5650 really.

altough my main rig gets down to 20 fps sometimes asswell.
    playing @ 1920x1200

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wow, damn, awesome new notes. Wish I could post it on Gamefaqs.

Ah, damn, dude, turned out to be fake? Good one.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Multi-Threaded Improved... hope it includes SLI (+ nvidia drivers) so I can enjoy some AA and not lag too much in 3rd person view :D

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wanny, turns out it's a fake list, a list created years ago, it seems, posted it on the Blizzard forums.

12. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Lol, to people saying LAN is not need. Today a big tourney (IEM) in Germany need to put on halt because of B.Net lag and it is unplayable. People travel to Germany all over the world just to get LAG tourney.

13. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    so, there's no LAN in this game? that would be totally stupid. where's the meaning of LAN-Party anymore?

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    No LAN at all and all traffic must pass through BNet 2.0 server. People were complaining about the lack of LAN will ruin e-sport which Blizz said they want to promote.

So much for BNet is so awesome that you never want to play on LAN.

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Chanw4.

There is LAN available for Tournaments hosted by Blizzard. So, yeah.

16. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Last time I check, Blizzard don't know how to hold a tournament. Still laughing hard when one of the player pause the game and said I can hear everything (meaning he can hear what the commentator said and knowing exactly what his opponent doing). Instant maphack! The removal of LAN is really destriying the e-sport of the game. They sign a contract with a GMOTV which no one watch.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Chanw4 is now just making BS reasons up. Listen, you don't like the game, fine, but don't make stuff up.

18. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Making bull****? It was posted by Blizzard on the facbook page. Jesus christ. Is it so hard to imagine Blizzard ****ed up bigtime with the lack of LAN? Even Blizzard admit there are issue and they 'will' work on a solution, meaning it is not there yet.

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    They have Starcraft 2 Pro Edition for Tournaments, it's a USB drive you stick in and allows SC2 to be played on LAN, at all times Blizzard staff has to be present, ectera, and all that, they've talked about it.

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    wow. i've yet to see/read about that usb stick. but for normal people/tourneys, LAN is still out.

@ze0kewl

i actually thought that was legit.. i wanted the marauders to be nerfed a bit so bad. any unit with slow/stun is godly in this kind of games.