"PC Gaming Market Not Doomed" - id Software

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 15, 2010.

1. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    should have....nah, nice to have sure. its a different experience (unless u hook up ur gfx card to the tv and use a controller) and some games are console exclusive (wipeout hd, gt5 thats about it for my console must haves) but to each his own

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^yep, same here, have GT5 prologue, Infamous, Prince Of Persion( still in the sellophane 1 and a half years later lol ), Little Big Planet, MGS4, Ninja Gaiden, FF13, Valkyria Chronicles, had GTA IV, was absolute junk compared to the pc version so got rid of it.
    of course you would need a pc and a console if youre a hardcore gamer, exclusives on the consoles and PC for the best version of multiplatform games, its a bit of a no brainer. PC has its advantages and disadvantages over consoles and vice versa. To know gaming you should have both, thats not to say there arent 'hardcore' console gamers who play 60 hours a week and consider consoles the only platform ever, but theyre just sad.

If you like gaming you need both, simple as

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    How can you only have one, and deny yourself the fun of all the others exclusives and such? I'm talking about past too.

4. bettisfan

bettisfan Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 650 TI boost
    The 360 can be modified so you can download and play burned games, and play them online through x-box live. It's quite easy to do and if done correctly totally undetectable. So guess what those same people that won't pay the high prices for PC games yeah they won't pay the high prices of the console games either...... The greed from the developers is causing themselves to lose money. If the prices drop the sales go up A LOT. People won't wait for the games to go Platinum and drop by 2/3 in price. It's just too easy to modify and play new games for free.....

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    SALES SALES SALES. Which is why more and more games go multiplattform. Released on consoles first and later on the PC...if ever.

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Do you live in some strange dream world I'm not aware of? I'd love an invitation.

7. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Exactly!

@lmimmfn I basically have the same games as you (also bought gtaIV on ps3 and sold it for pc :p) ff13, mgs4, little big planet, tekken sfIv, and wii is nice for friends. cant all gather round the pc really but when im alone usually pc

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    True for me at least. I admit, I pirate quite a few SP games that I'll probably only play once. But with the steam discount around June, I bought 3 games in 1 week. Seriously, less then €10 per game, might as well buy it then.

9. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Yes it is true.

360 games release usually before PC version and are on sites up to 1 week before they go on sale retail.

Any n00b can get their 360 flashed for a few bucks and pop in a pirated game but not every n00b can swap out files in a pirated PC games directory every time they download or buy one.

10. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Have fun playing sales. i will continue to have a better experience with pc gaming.
    Now you are just trolling. I provided facts and you reply with nonsense. I suppose thats what someone does when he lost an arguement and has nothing to say. try to disprove my statements if you can instead of writing nonsense.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Me too...but it isn't quite as much PC gaming as it used to be, because we get ports.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Ever hear of history repeating itself? sure there may have been a lull in pc gaming for the last little while, but there are more people sprucing up their rigs every day..

pc will come bqck strong and once again will be the winning platform.. i beleive

13. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Ports???

Do you realize the pc have the superior maltiplats, Not only superior in graphics but also in gameplay, online, mods, community and sometimes more content, etc

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Doesn't matter if PC:s are 1000-fold stronger than consoles...fact is that a lot of the games are first made for the consoles and then ported to the PCs.
    Sometimes added stuff into it, but when it comes down to the basics like gameplay the games are still made so that they can first be played on those friggin consoles. Compromised products.

15. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    1080p, 60 fps doesnt matter? So you want every single game to be a pc exclusive? lol that will never happen. The point is PC gaming gives you a better experience in every multiplat game + it has tons of exclusives. what more do you want?

16. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Games are not made for the consoles first, but are developed on pc and consoles at the same time. And the gameplay on pc is superior.

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    ^ There are quite a few ports.

18. HWiZaRd

HWiZaRd Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800GTS 320mb
    PC Forever

PC Gaming :pc1:, Simply the soul of gaming.. This is the Origin, this is where it began and shall never die.

19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    It doesn't matter if it is made with MACs, but what matters is what is the main target...and that is consoles these days.

20. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Listen. Every platform has its exclusive games and then there are the multiplats. There are no ports, just games made to work in every platform.