RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    How about the other way around? Having a Rivatuner or Afterburner plugin that allow you to monitor graphical setting changes?

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i was refering to have a more complete monitoring options without the need of another software xP.

btw my autoupdater wasnt showing me that 7.51 version was on :S, had to redownload

also... on windows 7 shortcuts that appear on the tab bar (under recently played). You can see enable/disable monitoring. And nothing says what is active currently. Couldnt it be changed. So when its enabled, it only shows, "Disable monitoring" and when its disabled it shows "Enable monitoring"? (i never use this, just noticed it was confusing when i tried it :p)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome :)

That was fixed on an earlier build, I guess you're already using the latest version so I think it could be a bootcamp specific issue.

I think it's a windows thing, sometimes my CCC icon doesn't show up at startup, but I can see the process in task manager. I'm not sure why that happens thought.

Well, and such monitoring and other features would make the profiling tool a general tool for video cards, and RadeonPro is not meant to be a general, all-in-one tool...

Maybe I can make it happen through plug-ins that would expand the program's base functionality, and it's an interesting topic to spend some time coding :)

Yes, it's already implemented on next build :)

- Changed: JumpLists now show a bullet near the active monitoring option to indicate current status

4. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    BTW japamd, do you need help with the hosting of radeonpro ?

I've my own small seedbox (on a 1gb/sec line), so if you want i can make a perfectly legal torrent to help you with the diffusion of RP.

5. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Great program.

Are you perhaps gonna make the FPS counter configurable? Smalelr + another color and a text border would be neat.

6. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    I think AB does fps measuring better. That's not the point of this app anyway.
    I think there's still something off with global profiles as Darren Hodgson says.
    Japamd@
    Could you go further into details behind the global profile setting?
    I mean are global profiles applied on top of CCC settings used at the time when RP is launched and when it's closed they are reverted back to CCC ones?

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Nice! I don't think it's needed at current stage, but would be nice when the program reaches a more stable version.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, FPS counter is Ray Adams' creation, it's not configurable and he's not doing changes to it other than bug fixes.

Global profile is the data on registry at a given time, if you change CCC settings and refresh global profile on RadeonPro you'll see the update, there's no CCC or RadeonPro global settings, they share the same Windows registry area. CCC however won't reflect any changes made in RadeonPro global profile as it keeps all data on memory and will re-read the registry only if you restart it.

8. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Ok, don't hesitate to contact me when needed :)

9. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    I see, I thought RP had a cfg file for the global profile feature and it'd read & apply what's in there upon starting itself(just like game profiles), then any changes made in the global profile stay active even if the RP is shut down.

10. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    ATTENTION TO 4870x2 USERS WHICH CAN'T RUN CROSSFIRE ON GAMES

Well.. I tested this program with 4870x2. I used godfather crossfire profile with Saint Row 2.
    What do you say, program worked very well and crossfire working flawlessly. Also i checked with rivatuner hardware monitoring, normally Saint Row 2 didn't using second gpu but with this program it really worked.

By the way i'm using TWL's eyefinity 3.90a driver.

Thank you so much Japamd (and TWL of course).

Sorry about my poor english.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010

11. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    just wondering does redeonpro alow u to disable af and aa altogether?

12. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yes. Why would you want to though?

13. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    i seem to get better performance without it so basicly its turned off if aa box isnt ticked,? iam using defualt skin btw

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, RadeonPro doesn't pick up on StarCarft II from Games Explorer when adding a new profile.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'll do, thanks :)

Yes, changes made to Global profile in RadeonPro will remain active even when it's not running.

You should check if performance is better, sometimes even with both GPU showing activity there's no improvement at performance.

You're welcome :)

No, you can set them to use game settings and turn off AA/AF at game options. You can turn off AA/AF as you can do with NV cards.

Confirmed, the program can't get the executable from registry, maybe Blizzard is doing some different than normal. Need to check it.

@topic, sorry again about lack of updates, the compatibility profiles code is taking a lot of time, I needed to restart using another method due to previous one being too low level that even the driver was being tricked and could not pick the correct executable profile, for example, for Batman AA, even when the game was running with another executable name (i.e. ForceSingleGPU.exe) the driver still thinks it's the original executable name and CrossfireX didn't got disabled...

I'm using a new method now, accordingly to my limited tests it proved to be very effective, I'm testing the ForceSingleGPU.exe with games that have a Crossfire profile to see if Crossfire gets disabled, until now I got a lot of games that have a launcher working with this method:

• Dirt 2
    • GTA IV
    • Flatout UC
    • Mafia II demo

And some other ones without launchers:

• Singularity
    • TWFC
    • Blur

I hope to get all working 'till this weekend.

BTW, no more file renaming will be needed :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Very cool. Mr. John. I'm very much looking forward to test the upcoming version with the changes. Keep up the great work!

On a side note (not RadeonPro specific) - does anybody know where exactly Catalyst Control Center writes the default settings to in the registry? I've been having problems with them resetting every time I log off (not restart Windows, just log off), sleep, hibernate or when the monitor shuts off for power saving and wish to get rid of it (or rather just change the stored settings it resets to to my preferred default settings).

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    OMG that is awesome!!

Can you do me a favor? Can you please test GTA IV with all the Profiles available and see if AA kicks in? (my bet is SC2 or the GRID one. I've already tried BIAHH some time ago with a crack, but everything was black with that profile, then, i dind't checked if others worked.)
    I have the feeling that it will work.
    I hope so.

Thank you!

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{YOUR GUID}

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sounds great. Forgive my ignorance but does that mean that games that have specific profile optimisations such as for CrossFireX will still work as intended even if you're forcing, say, AA from another game entirely? At the moment if I force BiAHH.exe for, e.g., LEGO Harry Potter then the drivers don't see that game while it is running; it'll be detected as Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway so any optimisations made to LEGO Harry Potter would not be used. That is my one gripe with having to rename games to get AA working.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @MerolaC - My understanding is that the only way to get any kind of AA in GTA IV is to use a supersampling hack that effectively renders the game at a much higher resolution then downsamples it to the resolution you've set. I believe ArmA II uses this method in one of its settings as it allows you to set two resolutions, one of which is used for the supersampling. I don't believe GTA IV will ever work with MSAA otherwise ATI or NVIDIA would have added support for it by now.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Damn, you have a big point there.
    So now i think i know why performance in Arma II sucks so bad with AA

Feels bad man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.