AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
  2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Hell, I would just force them to both GPUs through device manager and pop official applications from official on top of them. :)

but i have to admit it's a weird damn problem here and I got no clue why this system would do so.

btw, where is that screen from it shows driver ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I can also confirm that 3.90a and .95 still breaks crossfire for us 4870x2 owners.

Still stuck on 3.49 (10.5a). 2nd GPU will stay in 2d clocks when gaming (still being used though).

4. Czarnodziej

Czarnodziej Member

GPU:
    6950 SHADER MOD
    @3.95
    SC 2 crashed after like 10 minutes - got garbled screen, killed it through task manager. After that I got messed up firefox (no menu labels - i.e. menu File was "__ _"). Couldnt start either SC2 nor BC2 - black screen with only cursor pointer.
    My spec: win7 x64, hd4770 with modded bios (upped mhz n core voltage). OCed CPU. That was first time sc2 ever crashed so I exclude oc as source of the problem.

5. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It shows driver only when official driver arleady installed

6. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380
    i had crashs with 3.80 too playing GTA 4 Episodes & SC2...
    (screen turns black, music continues to play in background, then computer freeze)

... but i suspect GPU OC causing these crashs.
    in fact, it happens rarely.

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, pop the drivers over I mean if nothing else works. Worst that could happen is it would use configs from your previous installed drivers and disable
    any modified INF data there could of been. Although, in case of no mod INFs even official drivers ain't so bad in general and as seen here people has
    issues with my builds as with officials, but well there's a lot of known problem fixes of course in these.

yeah, it's the OC and driver stopped working. 3.80 is a bit something else although not a bad driver, but kinda begin of the understanding of CrossFireX
    functionality on new drivers. Speaking of OC there's pretty clean difference here shown today where lower clocks produces actually higher speeds in
    gaming and highest possible clock is a lot lower than what we used to get on v10.6 builds or v10.5a even.

8. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Thank you for your work TwL

Can you say to me drivers which I has to install for my configuration?
    HD5970 on a single screen 22 "

For play Starcraft II

Thank you in advance

9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, I'd try v3.95 for starters should work better as the game doesn't really need GPU speed in the first place, but I am unsure would the v3.95 be so
    good as HD5970 is CFX after all however the card does internal threading very well as I've seen with other setups so even while no threading like 'real'
    CFX systems would be present the v3.95 might fly for this card very fast / worth a shot.

If not working as desired then only real solution would be the v3.90a or clean official v10.7a.

As for AA I wouldn't patch the drivers but instead I would use the 'japamd' RadeonPRO and rename the SC2 EXE file to biahh.exe and force profile the
    the AA with RadeonPRO as 'BIA: Hell's Highway'. Since the core driver is always few times faster as built than the one for SC2 AA.

I tested this trick sometime ago, but might be hard to get working sometimes as there's 2 EXE files which jumps from 1 to another.

10. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Ok Thanks i try your new v3.95

11. Aegnora

Aegnora Member

GPU:
    HIS radeon 5870@900/1250
    i'm still using 3.70 and i have no real issue with them except some rare crash due to OC (black screen with music/sound still playing), and some slowdown with BF:BC2 or metro 2033 smoke/volume light heavy scene.

TwL, would you recommend upgrading to 3.95 or it won't change a thing for these issues

12. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Hmm, my GPU is OC'ed too (850 core/1100 memory instead of original 775/1000), but I never had any issues with any driver builds.

3.95 are great drivers. Played Mass Effect 2, Blur, Sacred 2, even tested old games as Age of Mythology and Generals. Everything is smooth and fast. Nice job, TwL :banana:

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Damn, I was really hoping to try these new ones. :(

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Just woke up. And a new pack is out! Awesome!
    Thank you! Downloading now.

15. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, I noted few thousand messages back;P that the drivers you're now using there is an OC bug. I would change them up as new is in this case new and
    functional. Even on straight up it would work better than v3.70 and very near the speed of them unless faster.

Problem is in high clocked DX11 driver will drop because modules has something bad.

Or well I am using 3.95 now and have noticed no issues what so ever (what ain't mentioned / fixed on first page someway (if even needed).

@commonly

HD4xxxX2/HD3xxxX2?:
    I cannot find this damn HD48xxX2 card 2D bug anywhere (Lets stop speaking 2D thanks 2D was Icewind Dale;P D3D9). This most be some HD4xxx card absolute specific detection fault on driver. Could you guys
    please tell me some driver which would of worked correctly to push me to right direction. Hell, if it's nesses.. I'll build own driver to them as like Eyefinity, but I need to understand the problem before I can build anything like it.

16. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    How about someone posting some benchmark results of twl drivers and official ones.

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, perhaps I should update. There's just some rule how many images I can add on 1 message, so skipped it. Will
    dump benchmark up today before vanishing. Get results tomorrow. I see way too much benchmarking anyway. :)

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well I know for sure it worked in 10.5a, as for newer drivers I'm not sure about 10.6 but 10.7 it was broken.

19. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Posting benchmarks in some dx9,dx10,dx11 games would show if there's advantage running your driver instead of official one.

20. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    hi twl does latest 3.95 drivers include app profiles just wondering as i cant see them included when i lounch installer