First Call of Duty: Black Ops Debut Trailer

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AZkiller7, May 4, 2010.

1. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Grenade of Grenade:Airstrike Ops

2. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    i love the cod bashers .....................

whats up did u all get owned first time u played it ?

i look forward to it and another 60 k of kills . mostly of cod bashers :biggun:

3. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    Uh....no. Do you really believe that just because someone does not like the game that it's because they got "owned"?

I liked the first one but even it was a bit over the top. The second one was just stupid....I'm not sure why they don't just add laser beam guns and lightsabers. The game has gotten more and more ridiculous with every addition....imo a game based off of real life weapons should have a bit more realistic feel to it. But noooo now they are putting in exploding crossbows and exploding remote control cars....not that these things don't exist but it's just getting stupid at this point.

But again we all like different things and if you like it then you should play it....even if it is turning into the Unreal series. :p

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm a single player gamer... and I for one am sick of seeing Call of Duty games. I love the first one, and found the second one enjoyable... but it didn't feel new, mostly felt like CoD revamped.

But it's when Infinity Ward went the modern route that **** fell apart. When focusing on WW2 they were pretty "safe"... they had history to base their stuff one. CoD isn't historically accurate, not by any means... but by being able to take inspiration off of history the game felt a bit more grounded.

But when heading into the modern era it showed how weak the studios story capabilities really were. CoD4 was the first CoD from Infinity Ward to actually have a story. The first two CoD games were pretty much... "You are big bad soldier, go kill nazis and save the world!!"
    But CoD4 and MW2 play like campy, b-level action flicks.... ya know, Micheal Bay films. They could've done a modern warefare themed game, and done it realistically. But nope, they opted for over the top and rather silly instead. This is my biggest issue with where the CoD series is headed.

Now, I loved what TreyArch did with World at War. Going back to WW2 they kept it grounded and it felt right. It was dark, violent, gritty... it didn't feel like an arcadish look at WW2.
    I can only hope they do the same with Black Ops... but I'm not holding my breath.

5. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Perhaps you should take a closer look at the link you provided.
    Steam is just one of three distribution methods.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I think he was overreacting and thinking that that would mean it's going to use STEAMworks. Which is might do, but just because a game uses STEAMworks doesn't mean there won't be dedicated servers.

Specially since TreyArch have already confirmed dedicated servers.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So we can expect

- uneven weapon stats, with it taking about a day for everyone to work out which weapon is the best followed by months of being whored by said weapon.
    - Frostbite engine so every man boy a child will have some sort of explosives that they can spam
    - Rubbish hit detection
    - Even worse anti hack anti cheat coding
    - Seven patches that each fix one thing whilst breaking three others

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    DICE is making the MP part of COD Black OP's? say it aint so ...

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The MP from the upcoming Medal of Honor will...not Fail OPs.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya that's what i though.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No.
    DICE is making the MP for the new Medal of Honor, TreyArch are making both the single player and MP for Black Ops.
    Not sure how anyone would/could think DICe would make the MP for a CoD title.

Dice = EA, CoD = Activision... there's no way in hell those two would ever work together.

12. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    That's what I thought about COD:MW2...

Anyway will this one have open servers that can turn off all the junk you don't want?

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i guess time will tell, but i sure hope so! i'm betting you will be able too though ...

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
  15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Only available for Xbox 360 and PS3. The PC version doesn't get either the Hardened or Prestige editions.

16. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    Amazing....PC made that game and now they have turned their backs to us. Oh well....it's decent at best anyway. BF:BC2 is so much better that I never even touch MW anymore.