Mafia 2 PhysX Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by VMax Tuner, Aug 10, 2010.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Glad to hear it. :)

Anyway the game is still heavy to handle with PhysX on Medium and a GTX470...

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Yeah, once again, no CF\SLi support here, hence bad overall framerate. Will report more tech stuff in Demo thread. What's for this one, APEX on "high" works just fine for me, no slowdowns\overheat, PPU usage is 80% max, PPU temps - 45C max. Framerate barely goes under 40fps with 45+ fps most of the time in benchmark.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Runs great for me on medium, remember tho a dediacted card will still be quicker than a 470 on its own.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090

So the PhysX works fine with ATI GPU's + an nvidia card for PhysX? Im debating picking up an 8800GT for just that reason if it works ok :)

5. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah with the patch/crack it does, i would get a 9600GT instead of the 8800GT mike, less power and heat plus does the job just aswell.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ugh... got rank D , 32fps avg. ive seen physx on my gpu go to 23% , was when the guy was walking through the fire and smoke.
    hopefully future drivers will improve performance.

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    seems like i found a good combination for physx, nvidia 258.96+physx 09.10.512.
    Batman AA:
    min-25 avg 50 max-60 old drivers
    min-28 avg-51 max-61 new drivers
    A nice 3 fps increase there.
    Mafia 2:
    min-29 avg-48.211 max-63
    same as before but alot smoother now.

the max fps is locked cause of V-sync.

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    K, thanks for the tip. I can grab an 8800GT cheaper by the looks of it, thats all. BTW can u link me to the patch/crack u mentioned?

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    here's everything you need

http://www.ng ohq.com/graphic-cards/17706-hybrid-physx-mod-v1-03-v1-04ff.html

without the space between ng and ohq

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks m8 :)

11. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It works just fine and looks fantastic, but the game itself is horribly unoptimized, at least for my config... Even when you just stand at the very same place it jumps from 70+ to 30 fps and back within a second. Considering that, I re-run the benchmark after finishing playthrough... Got +10 fps avg and no dips under 40 at all. Updated pic in my first post.

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I kinda manage to fix that issue, not 100% but a bit with nvidia 258.96+physx 09.10.0512..but like i said, a bit i still get this weird drops and increases in frames in Mafia 2.

And another weird thing if i start playing the game without running the benchmark i have like 15-20 fps at start, but if i run the benchmark first i have 35-47 fps at start..i'm guessing is cause of the physx it's really bad implemented.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  13. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's probably unrelated to PhysX, just poor overall coding or lack of driver support. I'm running the same Nvidia driver & PhysX version, btw.

*gone writing a report for teh Demo thread*

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
  15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i'm guessing that's what happening to all of us, and that's why performance is so smooth and stable without physx..like i said, i'm guessing bad implementation of physx, this needs to be fixed in the full game, although i'll bet that the full game will be released with the same issue and a patch will be released in a couple of days after the release.

16. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    i had no physx too, but i repaired it through control and patched with physx mod as administrator and now it works.

17. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Or maybe like some other games they`ll release a patch a few days before the game hits the stores but this is what you get when you not doing thorough Beta-Tests anymore. Look at ID-Software games, always Beta-Testing and always running strong from day one, at least technically.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, the game hasn't been released yet so there's still hope ;) Think of all the recent EA titles. They all needed several months and at least 1-2 large patches to address the biggest problems.
    I really hope they get this right and deliver a working package with nice, high-res textures and fully utilized GPUs.

19. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    True, we really should buy the games about a year later when everything is fixed and in that case as EA Classics for 20 bucks... thats the way to do it if they`re not changing their attitude, so why spending full price at the beginning for a crappy running game when you can have it cheaper and fully working later on!

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Absolutely, yes. It's hard if you're looking for a multiplayer title but that's how I normally behave for pure singleplayer titles. Their campaigns get shorter and shorter so I want to enjoy them completely. If that comes with a smaller price tag, even better ;) Well worth the wait.