Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yes it would be faster without PhysX, and all the DX11 games are faster when run in DX9 mode, and every game runs faster on low compared to high.

The GTX480 is faster than a 5870 with PhysX off, and while i see where your coming from, its not true unless the Nvidia cards were slower with the PhysX/3D/Cuda tech disabled, and most of the time they aren't.

2. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here. If you turn off physx in game it will look the same as what ATI users get, and run without extra load on the GPU. If you choose to turn on the more advanced physx, of course it will slow your frame rate, but it's entirely up to the user. Pretty much you won't get a frame rate hit unless you choose the extras.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    They will at most be announced in october/november but released no earlier than Q1/Q2 of 2011.

4. VitoFan

VitoFan Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 280

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not long now,as soon as i come off my honeymoon,this game will be available...great stuff!

7. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    just four more days until the demo is released, can't wait to see how my card can handle maximum settings (without physx of course)

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    As I said to a friend in Asda the other day, I can't believe it's actually this close to finally being released.

It's been a loooooooooong 8 years since the original.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol textures look so low quality, fail.

10. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    As in almost every 360 era multiplayform game since it's inception? Not that it's an excuse, but I just expect textures to be flat and low resolution now a days.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Textures do look quite low res, but that could of been 360/PS3 footage, and the overall look of the game seems pretty nice anyway.

As long as the story/atmosphere is good, and its fun, then i will be happy.

12. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    I've seen numerous screenshots and gameplay video's at full graphics settings and it looks great.

As for the video above, yes it's apparent that it was recorded at lower settings.

I can't wait for this game, just 3 days away until the demo..the anticipation is killing me *grabs car keys and wallet getting ready to buy a case of beer to pass the time*

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mafia2/video/6272744/mafia-ii-daily-demo#toggle_video

A video preview of the demo, it's about 6 minutes in length and it does show the entire demo so it's a bit short but it gives a preview of most "systems" in Mafia 2.
    (Story, cinematics, driving, the world/city itself and shooting.)

And true there are some bad textures.
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,6...apeten/Spiele/News/bildergalerie/?iid=1408688

But overall the game looks to hold up to say GTA IV.
    http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/8/7/news/76074/images/277029/
    (Based on that character this is from the PS3 DLC I mentioned earlier but the game will still look like that.)

14. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    You do realise that if you watch that you've spoilt the demo for yourself?

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    True I guess but it's five minutes or so (If going the direct path trough it.) so not exactly much of a loss and it doesn't reveal much about the game either during that demo section plus a lot has already been mentioned about the demo by now in other articles and on their forums, video also shows the timer at the 2 minute mark so it also has such a limit at about ten minutes apparently.
    (But supposedly it is possible to "free-roam" a bit if you want from what I've read.)

It is a walktrough however as you said and shows the entirety of the demo. :)

16. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I won't watch this, i'll wait for the demo. :D

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Afaik the demo is the same mission they showed over and over again since they announced the game, aka the whiskey/alcohol factory shooting thing... so really not much to spoil if you watched even some gameplay videos.

18. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    indeed, besides, i'm sure most of us are more concern with how the demo will run on our rigs than being spoiled by gameplay videos.

19. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Yeah I did see a bit of that before, shooting through the window and blowing cars up.

I agree that it will be interesting to see how well it runs tho.

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    when exactly is this demo gonna be released, it's already 01:15 the 10th here in Romania and no demo on steam, what exactly is the hour of the release? as far as i know the game is developed by 2KCzech so it should already be on steam..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010