The Formula 1 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
  2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Please 98 and 99 were easy ones, the Ferrari which had spent 21 years without title glory was massively inferior to the McLarens in the 98 period but that still didn't stop Schumacher taking the title down to the last race of the season and as for 99. well perhaps you can suggest exactly how you expect him to win when he spent half the season out of the championship with the broken leg he got at Silverstone?.

05 and 06, hmm wasn't that the years were Ferrari were the only team using Bridgestones combined with the tyre rule changes that gave a massive advantage in terms of testing miles to the Michelins teams?

Let's clarify I am not saying he could win championships in a god damn shopping trolley, I would imagine that like most drivers he would require at least a half decent car that suits his driving styles. What I am saying is that your claim about him always having the best car is factually and statistically incorrect, and is the atypical argument rolled out by the average Schumacher hater.

I would agree that during the five years he won at Ferrari he more than likely did have one of the best cars but it sure as hell wasn't luck or good timing. No way do you join a team that has been in the wilderness for 21 years just at the time it happens to enter one of the most successful periods in its history and call that luck or chance. There are countless books, interviews, documentaries that show what an integral part Schumacher was in making Ferrari the success it was and frankly if he helped as much as is claimed to bring Ferrari from no where to having the best car on the field then he deserves the wins he gets for that hard work.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Jody Scheckter won for Ferrari in 1979 so it wasn't 21 years, more like 19 years, get your facts right.

4. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I fully agree with you :thumbup:

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I on the other hand hate people who believe that MS practically built those Ferrari cars and brought the team back from some dark ages. Todt, Byrne, Brown... They had something to do with Ferrari success?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well you would, wouldn't you?

7. beezley

beezley Member

GPU:
    5870 Powercolor
    we will only know how good schumacher is when he gets a competitive car again, but it will not change the fact that he WAS is a brilliant driver. However he is flawed and so is dangerous as all the other drivers have said. personally i do not like him, he is arrogant and only half heartedly said sorry for such a stupid manuvere. he has i long way to go to become world champion again if he ever will, i think he is past his sell by date a should never have returned but there is the flaw in him once again his arrogance. its not a germany vs england thing he is a dangerous driver from an era gone by F1 has moved on safety etc and so should Michael Shumacher.

8. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    we shall wait till he has competative car and then we can compare him to his teamate rosberg,if he fails he will (or was) not best champion in history of F1.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    they are both are new in the team right? they started on similar ground kinda.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can someone please explain to me why we have to wait for him to sit in a top car before we compare him to his team mate? They drive the same car, Rosberg is faster (not just marginally, by a whole mile!!!) So it's pretty clear he is the faster driver. I will laugh when MS is half a second off Rosberg's pace @ SPA!

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    79 to 00 the year Schumacher took the title for Ferrari what exactly is the number of years there..... oh 21, Ill get the facts right you work on the maths.

Good good, no one here has actually claimed he single handedly built Ferrari in to the dominant champions they were but still good opinion all the same.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sorry I was on my phone and wasn't paying attention to maths. yes, Schecker in 79 to MS in 2000 is 21, you were right. Look, I know MS is a decent driver. On top of that he is probably the most determined driver ever to grace F1. But it's a big shame that he never tested himself against a top team mate.

I still think that Mika was faster given they are in the same car. I think there's been quite a few naturally more talented drivers. He had it far too easy at ferarri between 2000-2005 (bar 2003 when Kimi pushed him all the way). He's showing now that he's not even as fast as Nico Rosberg. Yes, he probably lost a couple of tenths a lap, but he keeps getting beaten by almost half a sec in qualifying on daily basis! All I'm saying is that he's not the best driver in F1. Not of all times, that's for sure. Not even this year (Alonso is better, Hamilton is better).

13. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Because
    1.he has come back from 3 year retierment.
    2.The car is not built around him.
    3.Tyres are not suiting him.(next year there will be no excuse for him cause all are going to use pirelli's).
    4.there are some MS fans whining.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    1. What has that anything to do with my argument? I said why do we have to compare them in a top car? Why not in this current mercedes? What's wrong with it?

2. Rosberg is new to the team too. If anything, MS has an advantage here as he's driven more different cars over the years and is more experienced.

3. Tyres don't suit him? How do you know that he'll like the pirellis? The tyres are the same for everyone.

4. ?

15. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    1.i just want him to get knowning the current f1 cars,he drove back in 2006 where the car was quiet different from now,it had high downforce.
    2.handling of current merc is understeering which he does not like.
    3.when he drove recently back in 2006 he was not using slicks,groved tires are different,and when last year it was introduced many drivers struggled to get to know the tyres,so i gave 1 years time.
    4.I hate MS because of his behaviour on track.eg against hill,coulthard,sato and in several ocasions on track.and also for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h4r0Mkfmkg and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ftFpHbMSA

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    but he has driven a similar car (with crappy downforce) and he has driven with slicks before and whole alot more then many others driving f1 atm.

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Vettel does it again .... the fool. Ruined it for button. This guy is a wreaking machine. Congrats Ham. and good recovery for Web.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Alonso DNF and that's the main thing. I'm so sick of Santander, Ferrari and Spanish Alonso fans who think that he is the best driver out there.

19. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Great race my favorite track Spa. Yeah too bad Button was taken out by Vettel. Solid driving by Hamilton and damn he was lucky when he got off track and hit the wall.

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Interesting as usual, poor ruebens :( Tricky to judge the track there.