AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    With your permission TwL, I'll upload the 64x one onto a filesharing site for him. I keep all my driver zips, even from the beginning of your drivers.

2. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    You have my thanks.

3. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, It's not like I would be keeping them back I'm just removing links which had known issue for people not to go through too much trouble.

@commonly

Just a side note:
    Well, I found the way now to circle around all new ATI Catalyst to include performance. v10.7, v10.7a & v10.8b5 I had to build them all to see what
    would gain most out of the driver before deciding what way to turn to for the good. Seems, there is not really any major differences on any of these
    builds I mean I can optimize them all to function on exact same/really a marginal differences with minimized effect jump.

So, atm a bit just on the middle here deciding what would be best idea for general usage. There is an problem on BF:BC2 I still cannot stabilize while
    any other game works faster than usually we've seen here. I am still working on the DirectX 11 issues here and I will not add up the driver before I've solved them.
    I see no reason to release an driver which would be no better than official v10.7 WHQL. Even while I could improve inside the driver a lot of things.

-UPDATE-

Well, since there are people here with pretty heavy CrossfireX setups & aas well as there are people here with Eyefinity and we need to correlate the DirectX 9 anyway (as well as the processing DX11).

I've decided that I will build 1 build to everyone. Core driver will be v10.7a & I will break it's processing to be as stable as I can possibly make it to be.
    problem I am atm having is a bit compatibility, but Considering v10.7 WHQL compatibility TO new CCC optimizations and v10.8b5 compatibility to old CCC+Unstability
    I think it's clear enough that v10.7a will be the best, if something can be constructed together (as for v10.7 WHQL this driver is pretty insane, but it
    is much easier to fix an DX9 jump + processing bugs than to fix whole DirectX functionality to driver).

I will push these drivers here as 'Experimental' Later on and "you" can try them on "your" own, if "you" want.

Also well, some of you knows I've been speaking of kind of 'profiling' an drive for specific DirectX or even OpenGL in that matter. I honestly believe this
    could be build, but not in this forum way. As I cannot pass an unique profiles to everyone, but there's a change since everyone would be using same core driver that profiling could be done properly.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    So, what's the progress with the driver uploading?

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I need 2 reboots to test what I have now on hard drive and the upload.

I have finished the v3.75 now. We will have 1 driver for everyone.

6. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    ATI 0 : TwL 1

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I'll start now sorry lol.

8. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    No need, I'll wait for 3.75. But thanks for your concern =)

9. And0r

And0r Active Member

GPU:
    Woo I can't wait to try your next driver update TwL. I was getting frustrated with ATi's drivers of late and I even considered the green side. I'm sticking with the RED team thanks you :banana:

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    OK, links are now up for v3.75.

Some info on hold up of links:
    I detected some minor DX9 load processing hold up, but as I tested was the cause on the modules I used (same modules which should enable full DirectX 9
    multi-threading on CFX) the lag was not caused by the modules and it simply corrected itself on next load it on all load under DX9. Either way should be
    good, but have to make an note of it somewhere on myself.

More info on this build:
    The new v3.75 will be this time universal to all hardware with no exceptions. Speed is maintained over DX9->11 OpenGL sucks but well it works (if using
    OpenGL I simply suggest dropping the default card clocks it's just sad coding). I did not add modules which would of add OC capability because
    those would of been as slow because new drivers block this somehow (working on it).

---------

I truly hope everyone even the most l33t m.f. would read the 'install-[readme].txt' I wrote system for these most be absolute clean to
    update the Processing Components which allows CFX to work correctly as well as baseline to go inside system. Using CCleaner after clean-up is
    optional any proper Registry cleaner will do the job (as long it can detect the atitmm .dll modules not being in system while on registry).

-hmm, DX11 note-

If you experience stutter of a kind on BF:BC2 that is entirely my fault. Use the v10.7 WHQL drivers will correct this not this build.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

11. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi TwL this new build incorporate the aplication profile like the others builds?

Bye, thanks and great work

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Downloading now! Thank you! :D :banana:

13. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Application profiles are more up to date than you can download from anywhere.

btw, as for BF:BC2 the issue we are suffering is shadow background loading (plants, water, etc). Gonna take a look on it a bit on some point as I know
    how to fix it now. As for current drivers v3.75 those will not be changing, if there will be updates I will create an patch for installed setups and also game
    specific patches probably. As I calculated that these drivers would be capable of switching modules profile style and correlate issues on any game existing
    which is why I decided to use these exact drivers (ignoring fact that these also will boost Eyefinity & CFX).

-edit-

Further more. I'd like to note that there is total of 4 styles how to progress certain things faster / smoother under current driver (v10.7 this is only 2
    where v10.8b5 would become unstable). What this means is that I did choose the most ideal for processing through in general, but there are 4
    variations how to process same speeds and difference DirectX levels entirely other style.

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Alright. Switching to 3.75. I do use openGL, so i'll see if the switcher works for that or something.

15. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    OpenGL switcher will work I do not believe it would ever need to be changed. Unless ATI stops their idioticy and splits the
    OpenGL module or fixes it (to either default 3.2/3.3 or truly fixes the OGL 4.0).

Only OpenGL 4.0 has issues. as what goes to overclocking this only affects OpenGL 4.0. 10.4b modules works flawless no matter how high you bunch the
    OCs the problem is at OpenGL v4.0 Tessellation. Sad but true ATI hardware just can't take it with current drivers, heh. Wish their HD5850 box would of say
    something like "Please, note it'll take us years to make any function you read on box to work".

@commonly

hrm, if anyone gets any 'flash related issues. Please update the flash from:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer/

Seems to fix, if there's anything. had some plug-in crash under mozilla straight after installation of drivers. I also should note that DXVA was
    changed and this DXVA is newest there is I didn't do full scale testing on it, but, if there's any issues when I do. I'll let you guys know.

16. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    quad palit gtx 580 on h20
    Tried ur new deivers. For some reason Crossfirex in eyefinity is stewed up again

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @capchaos

don't think it's exactly possible. Did you BSOD on any moment?

-edit-

and did you update WinSAT.

-edit 2-

o and could you check how GPUs scale on DX9 or is it totally no go?

-edit 3-

If it indeed is broken someway and not just on your system. I checked the idea what could of caused this and I see only 2 options here. neither are more than 1MB in size as a patch without reboots.

18. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    That's pretty ninja support TwL, I have to say. Will try your drivers when sc2 comes tomorrow (hopefully (it better) !). Although tempted to try these instead or perhaps the the next...seems like you are on a roll

19. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    Only tried bbc2 and metro 2033. Gpu usage in bad company was no higher than 40% per Gpu and metro was only accessing 1 Gpu

20. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    No bluescreen. And I did update winsat. Didn't check any dx9 games. Didn't hve the time had to leave for work . It was performing Jst like the 10.6 and 10.7 officials on Crossfirex eyefinity