Wii, biting the bullet.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by XP-200, Aug 1, 2010.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    OK i have to admit, after having a loan of a Wii for the last week i have been totally blown away by it, especially that golf game that came with it, it made me realise just what i was missing from some of my fave franchise like Tiger woods since they went next gen........and that's fun....... no achievements, no trophies, no up its own backside with realism and seriousness, just pure unadulterated fun.

So i just plumped for a nice Black wii with motion plus and a copy of TW all play.....looking forward to it.

And one of the biggest shocks was that my little ball of fluff actually said yes with no complaints, she has always hated consoles and gaming and wont touch or even look at the PS3/360 apart from to dust them....but i was shocked to see her really getting into the bowling and the tennis....she loved it

Talk about a double win for me. :D

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Wii is that kind of console that gets couples to game together tbh... It's easier to approach then ps3/360. i kinda want wii lately and my gf too but well heh :) maybe during winter >.<

gz on the buy anyways it has LOADS of good games. And lol it has most exclusives out of all consoles ;)

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    mario galaxy 2 , and mario kart get them! lol

4. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Get Monster Hunter Tri too - best game on the Wii for me by far :)

5. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well i woulda just waited and got ps3 move for $$ less, and play the same type of games with better graphics....

the wife wanted a wii, and i just told her that we will get ps3 move instead.
    it comes out next month

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    There isn't really a difference between Move and Wii's controllers. From what i've read online by people who got to use Move... it isn't really any more responsive than WiiMotion Plus.... which doesn't seem too farfetched. They both use the same type of sensors to emulate movement... the only difference is that instead of an IR LED array, Move uses a big gay ball. Not to mention you can't play with 4 people using two Move controllers each due to Bluetooth's limitation's.

I'm still debating if i want to bother getting Move. I mean... there ARE some games that look like they'll be rather fun.... but i also have a Wii. And i've been tempted to sell my Wii.... but lets face it... there are some Nintendo exclusives that just CANNOT be passed up on. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario being the three that jump out right off the bat.

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Wii is still fun. Looking forward to the GoldenEye remake.

8. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Get over yourself, the Wii is not meant to be a UBER HARDCORE gaming machine. It is a FUN console, my family and I love it. I have a 360 as well, but the Wii gets more play with my wife and kids than the 360. Between Mario Kart, excercise game and VC games, my family and I love it. I only got the 360 because of the netflix streaming in the first place. I have only bought one game for the 360, that being SF4. All in all the Wii was a great purchase. Not so much for my 360.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no way the games can be compaired. no zelda, no mario games.

10. StrangeArt

StrangeArt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    Nintendo should be commended for having the balls to try out really new things. Saw a guy the other day playing tenpin bowling. Doing the whole running start and arm throw action. Looked awesome! :D

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I was also suprised by how much fun the wii is. Not the best gfx obviously, but, if anyone has seen the way Nintendo design their games, then, you know that they work out the core game mechanics before everything else is added on-top.

Nintendo design their games for fun.

I'm also really looking forward to the 3DS. Nintendo talked about 3D being in their machine somewhere down the line years ago. This is now a reality!

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    ok how about you get over yourself. why so defensive? lashing out at someone for no reason other than saying move is cheaper, and games have better graphics. only stating the facts.

anyway, all im saying is, if you have a ps3 and not a wii, i think its a better option to get move. (the perks being its cheaper and has better looking games) if you have a wii already, obviously no need to get ps3 move. if you have ps3, and still buy wii instead of move, well then i guess you really like the games that system has to offer. personally there is not one wii game that interests me.

i am choosing move over wii. will be used mostly by my wife but im sure i will enjoy it some too.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well if one doesn't own pseye thingie wii ain't that much more money here atleast. id rather dish out 30€ more for wii then buy move / kinect ever.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Striker... No offense, but if the new Goldeneye remake doesn't strike your fancy... Then how can you be called a gamer? Haha

SOOOO can't wait for that game, too.

"Oh no.... It's............. THE KLOB!!"

15. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    ive got a wii and its boring, the games are just too simple and dumbed down, yes they are fun at first but they never progress or make you want to keep playing, Mod Nations is 100x better than Mario Kart but is only on the ps3.

The gfx on the wii are a disgrace and ffs can we get some voices on the mario games please cos i hate having to wade through all the speech bubbles, its so tedious!!!!

ive got the Wii fit plus aswell and after using it for a couple of days i said id use it every day cos its brill............ive not touched it for 4 months :( theres nothing to make you want to keep using it.

ive got a ps3 so im hoping maybe sony will get it right with that awful looking controller that looks like a cheap torch you can buy from poundland......lol

16. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Yeah its gonna look awsome with Wii's superdooper gfx :puke2:

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ... yeah thats why i bought the Wii in the first place, to look at some awesome HD gfx.

At least the Wii is not trying to trick its consumers into thinking its games would render 1920 x 1080 where actually they just boost up from 500 x 300. ;)

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its all about the graphics for you isnt it ?

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well funny enough i decided to trade in the 360 and all its stuff today, got £289 for the whole lot, games, two 60gig HDDs, one 250gig HDD, two 20gig(Christ its amazing how many 360 HDD you accumulated over the years due to failed units and trying to have enough space)....... that now leaves me the PS3 for hardcore action and the Wii for some fun gaming.....been on it all afternoon when some family popped by, really good laugh all round....really loving that Wii sports golf game, hell of a lot of fun. :D

20. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

So why not just keep playing Golden Eye on the 64 instead of gettin excited about a revamped Golden eye Wii ? itll look the same.....lmao

No its not the Wii is so weak that you cant make a complex game on it, but omg they could of made the Wii a bit more upto date, its gfx are worse than the gamecube or ps2 its not acceptable.

oh and if its all about it being fun how much do you wanna bet the Wii 2 or whatever itll be called will have gfx to die for!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010