AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Tamlin

Tamlin Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Any ETA on TWL build based upon 10.8 beta for Vista 64? :coffee:

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    12 hours.. ?

I'll replace the 3.70 build when good. basically it only needs couple of infs

-edit-

15mins

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    TwL.
    A quick question.
    Any way to install the drivers without restart?
    I'm installing a pack of 300 Windows Updates and 130+ are still to go, i can't restart. (It's been 8 hours now installing all this ****, thanks God it has a batch to make autoninstall.)
    Is there any way to do that?

Thank you.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Not as for now.

but updating Vista support to current v3.70 now and including new CrossfireX package which is mainly aimed for 'Eyefinity v3.71.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Fckng Windows.
    Thanks for answering.

6. Tamlin

Tamlin Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Nice! :Thanks! :cheers:

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Let me know how it works. As of my understanding should be now fine.

@commonly

Minor issue on Vista modded INF section on x86 when I updated vista INFs so fast to v3.70 forgot that there's more than just 1 place for them.
    Corrected links now and the new rules of 'Guru3D' not to include more than 15 images in a single post.

If someone feels totally lost after downloading as said hundreds of times before please read the 10-15 lines of install instructions. It's not that much
    and it explains very well how to deal with installation properly, what and how to use this package. (on below in full installation notes should be considered
    as 'check-up', if you come across an issue simply check there and there's probably some notion of it).

Eyefinity Build v3.71 was added can also be installed on CrossfireX and it will help these systems to scale a bit better than previous v3.50 or v3.49.

-edit-

Almost forgot. The EyeFinity/CFX build v3.71 comes with 'Eyefinity_installer_builder.cmd' This cmd is there to build you an proper
    installation to correct AMD/ATI Driver team CCC installation screw up. Basically only thing this does is:
    1. It copied the files to 2 separate Steps.
    2. Step 1: you install the driver alone & do normal reboot (as with any driver installation)
    NOTE: Noticed there might be an message after driver installation that "something cannot run before system has rebooter" when you click 'reboot'. This is just the missing ATI Installer. Ignore the message > OK > and manually reboot.
    3. when system has rebooted. step 2: Install ATI Applications to system.

This simplistic 2 step installation will avoid issues while installing CCC and allow Eyefinity to function correctly through CCC from 10.7 WHQL with new
    optimization, if you run the 'setup.exe' from genetix_build folder CCC will fail to install because ATI installer fails.

-edit 2-

If anyone finds any issues on any of the builds please drop an message where did you encounter the issue and on what system/system set.

8. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    Tried the 3.70 5870 2 of them in crossfire driving a Dell u2711 2560x1440 monitor. BFBC2. Got the same type of really low frames I was getting when tried 10.6. Frames were about 40-50.

Installed 3.71. Bout crapped my pants. Have not seen this good for FPS in BFBC2 in long time. Was between 80-120.

Nice drivers. Directions are nice and clear and good cleaner program (even though ccleaner and driver sweeper normally get it all for me).

9. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Gonna test 3.70 right now!

10. Tamlin

Tamlin Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    So far, I've only tested it with Stalker CS and L4D2, but its the best driver yet. Stalker CS got a major boost with these drivers! :banana:

I think I got the long filename problem when installing them, so I had to manually install the drivers after install of CCC++ through device manager. Due to this issue, I also had to copy the modded inf files over to the driver directory before installing them. Otherwise, there wouldn't be an option to install the drivers in manual install (inf_selector probably didn't work for the same reason).

After that, it worked like a charm. Probably could have avoided that by unpacking them to c:\ATI or something, but I was impatient to try the drivers. :p

11. Mr Dohz

Mr Dohz Active Member

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    does the latest ati crap cleaner automatically helps clean out the persistent amdkmdap in the registry ?

by the way , if i did not choose to clean the windows nvidia and ati drivers , it should be alright right ? don't think it interferes the new drivers , more likely to be the previous ati driver.

12. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    3.70 x86 installed fine with the modified inf and so far has provided great performance with DAO on my single 4890 and monitor setup. I'm now downloading 3.71 to test. Will post my impressions after testing with a wide selection of games in a couple hours.

Thanks TwL, great job as usual, looking forward to testing 3.71 when I get back from helping my demanding wife (who right now is saying "move it, get of your PC and come shopping with me now!"). I have to go for a short while. Bye

13. Shekers

Shekers Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor 7970 CFX
    TWL,

Should I stick with 3.70 or try out 3.71 for my CFX setup on dual monitors (1920x1080 + 1680x1050)?

14. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Still getting system lockups when watching youtube videos, as happens in betes 10.8, didn't expect you to be able to fix it but It was worth a try. Are you thinking about making 10.7 whql based modified drivers?

15. TheStrelok

TheStrelok New Member

GPU:
    MSI 4870 1GB
    I don't believe that will ever be possible. The classID that it is registered under is completely dynamic each time it is installed/reinstalled. He would have to base on the classID that it shows for him, which could either remove an important key for other people, or not remove anything.

16. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    Just in case I missed something, is it correct that 3.70 is still faster for CFX @ 1920x1200?

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, the 3.71 will scale clean up on CrossfireX systems the DirectX 11. Also drops on these CrossfireX systems an pretty insane boost to other DX games.

:eek:c:

Nope, you couldn't of install the drivers, if there would of been an long file name bug. These Vista drivers migth have a bug still in usual installer as I had to build an INF for them myself to be able to install in the first place.

but well have no Vista here to test shot.

Yes it will process LEGACY_AMDKMDAG registry's. the amdkmdap and nvidia core driver in system are asked from you before actual/usual clean up process, if they
    exist (can be forced to be cleaned with forcecleanup from 'extra\'-folder 'bug as in 'readme', if using this please make sure you also do clean-up in full scale.). As for
    what it cleans, yes, it will clea automatically so the NVIDIA side as ATI side.
    (it will not remove actual NVIDIA driver, if existing as left that behind because that could of been dangerous a bit & NVIDIA uninstallation unlike ATI actually works)

Well, you could try 3.71 these should scale on your crossfire better (and cases like BF:BC2), but in all sense the 3.70 is in general gaming processing faster. However, as said on top of first post these are designed a bit differently and they does not come without an error.
    (I just mean ain't AMD and I don't debug their code for issues and some games has huge issues like Dirt 2.)

Was waiting when this comes up to my screen. Hell, I've been trying everything to get this bug on my screen. My system stays up and all are fine I have switched HW accelerations on Adobe site / specific windows & probably every setting there is. it just doesn't wanna crash here.

I am using http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer/ <- these from here.

As for 10.7 WHQL base probably not. Don't wish people to see more screw-ups nor explain them to you guys as general review from people, atm, is 'very good driver'. So, so be it.

hehe, you haven't checked my cleaner it seems. Somehow I think the 'ati_sh1t_cleaner_v3.2.cmd' might be interesting reading to you.

:war:

18. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    Do you ever sleep?? :gape:

Hey .. just read the new instructions on page one. :thumbup:
    Great job and decent improvement on descriptions and new uninstall+new install -options which should be great for anyone trying your latest driver set when he is able to read and follow the instructions step by step.

A hell lot of work to fix the instructions all over again and again to make em perfect!!

Will do full test run on v.3.71 Eyefinity x64, when I am back home tonight and posts some comments.:)

Maybe there is hope that ATI is now working on the DLL's which block CAT10.6/7/8 DX11 CFX Eyefinity full scaling:

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Not while I have score to settle. Sleeping is for dead people anyway.

Yeah, we got a lot fixed here with 'maxstep'. Should of probably credit you guys for testing 'EyeFinity' and CrossfireX for me in background. Which is
    insane work. As for current drivers they do have issues as they had before, but I tested through versions and there is nothing better as on DirectX side for these systems for now.

Although, I never finished the processing test. As I cannot test here I cannot see really does the driver jump while on crossfireX. (for example on
    vantage test 1 > on end of test when the 'boat' raises from the water > what is the lowest FPS and is that lower than averate or higher) would tell
    me how big processing bug I generated there, but alas can't see it myself and test on fly.

Kinda, atm, more clad on the clean-up. Now after last 7 versions I've build these has no longer been any errors here through 3-4 different types of
    systems. Although, there really was 0 error rate from the begin of these new entries only the extra 2 pairs of monitors (4GPU+NVIDIA Card system) on early cleaner v3.0 was an issue.

20. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Hello,

Just 2 questions

1. I possess Radeon HD5970 do I have to put 3.70 or 3.71? In brief I always has to conciderer my HD5970 as a crossfire or as single card ?
    2. You drivers includes a version modified of CCC or I have the choice to install the last version of CCC in my language ?

Thank you in advance for the answers and thank you for your excellent work!