RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexp999

alexp999 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 2GB
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I really like this program, but it suffers the same problem as Ati Tray Tools, in that in Just Cause 2 the Triple Buffering option does not work.

I know the profile is activating as forcing vsync in RadeonPro but having it off in game still applies vsync.

I have to run D3DOverrider from the Rivatuner package to get triple buffering applied. Its a shame as it would be nice if it could all work in the same program.

There is a demo on steam, you could maybe test it on if you dont own the game.

Game profiles were the only thing i missed about ATi having come from Nvidia. So this program is perfect.

Thanks.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're the first mentioning it. In fact, RadeonPro uses the same module as ATI Tray Tools for forced triple-buffering so it's inheriting an issue, not replicating it. I'll ask Ray if there's something that can be done to overcome this limitation.

Thanks for reporting.

3. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Radeonpro still turns on the FPS overlay. Maybe it has something to do with using ATT as I noticed the FPS option in there also gets ticked by Radeonpro.

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Kudos to all the community!

Are you running RadeonPro with ATT at same time?

What about XP bugs like high cpu usage and flickering? The new build fixed at least part of them? :)

6. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Yes, I use both simultaneously.

High CPU usage and flickering are completely gone.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmmm, that's why FPS is being shown, when ATT is running the overlay module (which is used by RadeonPro too) is always loaded at memory.

Cool, I'm glad it's working on XP now :)

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Is someone using RadeonPro with Windows XP 64? Does it work?

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Awesome! Just Awesome!
    Congrats japamd!!!

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I keep getting this error message intermittently whilst running games that have profiles in RadeonPro:

[index_damaged]
    at RadeonPro.ProfileInfo.Load(String,pname, String file, Boolean use OSD, Int32 processId)
    at RadeonPro,.BaseForm.LoadProfile(String pname, Process app)

I didn't have this with the pre-v1.0.7.50/1 versions by the way.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :thumbup:

Can you reproduce the error with some game? If you do, what is the game full path?

That happens when the game being started could not be found on index due to an invalid name. Maybe there's some special characters in full path.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The profile was for Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo which was named as I'd written it there. Is the semi-colon what was causing the problem (I've deleted the profile now)?

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmmm, I see. It's a bug, semi-colon should be filtered out... let's fix it.

Thanks!

14. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    Is there a list by chance of the crossfire modes/best settings people are finding for specific games?

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'm not aware of such a list, but it can be made and the program can use it to give the user tips of what profile is the better performer. What do you guys think about it?

About Starcraft II, a HardwareCanucks user posted how to force AA using RadeonPro

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/408619-post28.html

16. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    What does the 'AFR-Friendly D3D' CrossfireX profile do? Thank you.

Also, has anyone tried the SC2 AA workaround? Does it kill performance?

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - The StarCraft II AA trick using the BiAHH compatibility setting in RadeonPro is something I've used for forcing AA in a number of recent games, including LEGO Harry Potter, Alpha Protocol and Singularity (prior to ATI supporting the latter two via driver updates) so it was the very thing I was going to try when I got the game tomorrow. Nice to know that it does work. And thanks to you for such a useful tool. :)

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's a way (I believe) of forcing CrossFireX support for a game that isn't yet supported officially by the driver. There's another one too, ForceSingleGPU.exe, for forcing CrossFireX off (maybe japamd can add that one too?).

19. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    Would regular Multisampling or Adaptive Multisampling AA be the better mode to use for SC2? And box or edge detect? Thanks.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It's just another profile that forces AFR rendering in some old D3D games that aren't supported by the driver.

Sure thing there's a hit with forced AA, but I think you're fine with your graphics cards :nerd:

Yeah, BIAHH seems to be "the profile" for forcing AA on deferred rendering engines, it also works on The Force Unleashed and other titles :)

You're welcome and I must thank you again for your help on testing and patient on reporting errors.

@topic, here's a list of ongoing changes that will be available on build 1.0.7.52

- Fixed: launching an URL may fail on some systems
    - Fixed: the program may enter in an infinite load-unload loop if an error occurs in main window initialization and no skin is being used
    - Fixed: if main mutex cannot be created the program may fail silently
    - Fixed: if an instance of the program is already running and the program is started again, the program may fail silently if an IPC communication channel cannot be opened
    - Changed: the online error reporting dialog don't report errors anymore for older builds than the current one to avoid reporting errors already fixed by latest build (the program will inform the user to update the program)
    - Changed: small tweaks to the Add New Profile Wizard
    - Changed: JumpLists now show a bullet near the active monitoring option to indicate current status
    - New: the program now alerts the user if the auto-update procedure fails after restarting the application
    - New: the error reporting dialog now sends a detailed trace of internal application actions sequence for better error tracking and fixing
    - New: individual profiles can now be temporarily disabled, the program will warn the user when an existing profile have been skipped processing
    - New: profile's main executable can be changed
    - Changed: LOD adjustment now can be set to zero to enforce negative LOD clamp (experimental, currently LOD 0 is ignored by RadeonPro and the driver will use its default value)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.