The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - The last stand (RTFM!) #15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Glidefan, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You can check at MassEffect.log what it's using. If you want to be sure that it uses hardware, you should type the device name manually there. There's only two possible things it can use in Windows 7 and Vista (if you have right OpenAL drivers) so there shouldn't be any reason why it doesn't work when you write it manually. If you leave it blank it should try to use hardware first and only revert back to software if there's no other devices available. In game settings won't work since Generic Hardware is no longer available in Vista/7. It should look something like this in the log file when hardware acceleration is enabled:

[16.169] Init: Audio Device: SB X-Fi Audio [0001]
    [16.421] Init: 125 Free Sources, 2 Reserved

Setting MaxChannels=128 doesn't necessarily mean all those will be available. Some say that TotalAvailableChannels= should be MaxChannels-2 so in this case 126 in order to avoid sound problems.

Mass Effect is fine everywhere else except in Ilos where it will crash. It's Creative's driver that causes that BSOD, in Mirror's Edge it's Portcls.sys. That never happens if I use software audio.

But anyway, this is a bit too off topic.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    argh...i tried this settings from you, now my gta4 dosnt start anymore :(
    cant get it to work, as soon the text is coming it crahshes to desktop without any message :(

greetz^^

5. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    You're not using the latest patch right? Open enbseries.ini and locate these lines

DisplayWidth=1920
    DisplayHeight=1080

Try changing it to your resolution.

EDIT: I hope you didn't replace any folders, because there's only two files in those folders you need to put in the right place ^^

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  6. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Says the guy with the Fallout3 avatar, complaining about graphics.

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
  8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    argh, yes i replaced everthing with the folder u uploaded...
    argh...

will try changing res..thx ...

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Fallout 3 looks much better to me than Mirror's Edge. Mirror's Edge has horribly bland environments that have zero character to them. Making stuff have bright colors does not add character.

And also, what's with the attitude? I'm stating my opinion. That's cool that you have yours, I don't really care.

11. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Whoops, then you lost a bunch of files. I think you have to reinstall. Sorry I guess I should have explained a little more :p

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    argh..need to reinstall the whole game..
    allready the last time i did that was a complete mess..
    so wich update cant i use?
    i normaly use this update cause i hate social club..:
    GTAIV_MAINTENANCE_UPDATE_1040_EFIGS

is this ok?

13. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    I have no attitude or anything, I'm just saying, your opinion is flawed.

Mirrors edge isn't "bland". The entire clean pristine greyscale/contrast with hypercolour fits the theme and the story, and it looks great. Nothing but advertising everywhere, giving the only colour. Fits the marketing mind controlling society it depicts.
    The colours bounce and bleed into the surroundings and create a really nice feel. The hdr is nice and tight and the textures are fairly sharp. Shadow res is a problem it has, but that's just due to the console lightmap bakes.

Everyone can (and does) smash textures with multiple channels and create gears of war esque hyperdetail blue brown games with everything rusty and grimey, that's easy.

But better, is having the power in your art, but controlling it, instead of just letting it all run through the gate so to speak. Dynamics, is key. Soft and hard. Acute and obtuse. Knowing where to start and stop.

Fallout 3 is nothing but brown, and fairly generic retro rockabilly type art, tbh. Good story, but anyone else could have made it look much better than bethesda did. I see it as a kind of wasted opportunity.

Not that the game looks....so bad. I mean, it does, with it's plastic shaders, no shadows and low texture res, but it looks OK. What I'm saying with what looks like an attitude is that Mirrors Edge, is the far more outgoing, and far better looking game between F3 and itself.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    How can my opinion be "flawed"? It's an opinion. Mirror's Edge looks just bland and generic. A bunch of city stuff. There's no character whatsoever. It's just "insert generic hallway/rooftop here". At least Fallout 3 has character. Even if it isn't as technically impressive, it's far more interesting to look at because the entire map has a story behind it.

But really, the only thing you can argue here is that the Mirror's Edge engine is superior, and I'm not denying it. But to me, no amount of cool effects saves the graphics from being mediocre.

15. _Franky_

_Franky_ Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX670 Twin Frozr OC
    lol, how can these numbnuts argue about what game is prettier, Mirror's Edge or Fallout 3. They are so different and both have their own strengths.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Rule number 4.....

4) If you see 50 screenshots from a game you hate posted in a row - simply ignore them. No one's interested in reading your rants. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to say, shut the hell up.

18. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    i played the demo to today...works awesome on max details with 2x AA, liked the cinematic running, liked the intense action scenes...

19. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hmmm. No StarCraft 2 screenies yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.