Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 2G sneak peek

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey, I figured I would bring you guys another sneak peek of a new upcoming soundcard. Have a look here:-> Preview

2. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    =O no words describe the awesomeness of this piece of audio hardware...ow and thankyou Rob...really nice to get a sneak peak...can't wait for the full review =]

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Should be a great card for many...

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I wonder will they have something like asus GX/DSGX for muiti channel speakers usage in games. where without it you get 2 channel instead.

5. proteo

proteo Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX560Ti OC
    Great!! I want one, I wonder if the extension port will be compatible with the X-Tension card from the previous X-Meridian.

6. zen101

zen101 Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Great , thanks for the heads up! looks like a cult status product

7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Given that there are three new cards in the news,I'm sure you will follow up your previews with reviews. If at all possible,could you please test and advise which card would be the absolute best for Gaming Only? Thanks for all previews etc. that you have provided for us.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    what eax effects does it support?

9. Uzito

Uzito Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 Black DD
    Are they going to use the standard CMedia drivers?
    Why, oh why, that's a PCI card? Why not PCI Express?

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I always follow my previews with reviews.

I also do gaming tests of the cards in my reviews. What is the "absolute Best" is a matter of opinion. Some want EAX/OpenAL support, some want high output sound quality. This is why I supply opinions based on the testing I have done, I cannot supply an absolute suggestions of the best card for gaming, there are just too many variables.

11. zen101

zen101 Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Same EAX specs as the previous CMI8788 Audio Processor soundcards.
    aka the X-meridian G1, HTomega claro, halo etc..

This card is not focused for gaming, its focused for epic sound quality
    this card does pretty much the same what power/to weight ratio does to racing cars - only this is dollar per sound quality ratio.
    With today's i7 cpu's etc, the performance hit created by sound processing is unnoticed, making "in my opinion(tm) eax 5.0 more of a marketing scam than anything else.

I am a competitive online gamer and can tell you that your videocard and mouse brand is a far more important choice than your choice of sound card.
    AT risk of contradicting myself, most gamers are tone deaf anyhow.

/L

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am a gamer and FAR from tone deaf. You can speak for yourself though.

13. zen101

zen101 Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Hit a nerve did I? lol
    Everyone to himself,

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No just pointing out the obvious. Forums are no place for blanket statements...
    Such as "Most Gamers"...etc.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You must be talking about your self, because I am not tone deaf.

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    How would you know if you are or are not tone deaf? If I am,would I be missing certain sounds when gaming? Maybe I am tone deaf and don't even know it.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok so up to eax3.0 kinda lame.. well if i buy a fancy soundcard i want both sound quality and all sound fx eax1-5, openal,..

And that about eax and MP, i have to disagree.
    For example in Fear Combat: software sound vs eax4 hd sound; it sounds like im playing a different game, really with eax4hd i can spot them before they know it :biggun: and it makes more spacious and defined sound source, i can even hear someone reloading 4-5m away lol, not to mention in headphones mode :D,. or Dirt1, Grid, Drit2 with eax5 same huge difference, and other games that use more than just generic eax2..

Looks like i'll have wait for that new Creative HD card:nerd:

and btw i hear fine, ty lol

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    not really, you can grab a Auzentech X-Fi Forte. IF you dont really care about EAX5 then the Auzentech Bravura which I have. All creative did was look at auzentech succes and doing what they do with there cards.

Tho the main important of this card is it for audiophiles tho you can still game with the merdian if you dont care about eax3-5. The only thing i wondering is, if they have something for muiti channel gaming. becuase if they dont, alot of diffent games will output in 2 channel only unless that game uses fmod+efx or its own engine.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  19. chuuey

chuuey Guest

i'm looking forward to this card, do you think it will power the Sennheisers HD650 ok? I would like to try it, how do you think it will compare to the Essence ST? Cheers :)

20. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Yes it will power (if you call it that) it but not very well. The Auzentech lacks the power to drive the sennhd650 to its full potential so you are left with two choices, either get a headphone amp (the really good ones will cost you so try www.Head-fi.org....Robscix is there for advice also) or get a soundcard which has a built in headphone amp such as the Essence ST/X, Auzen X-Fi Bravura 7.1, Fort, Homecinema HD etc and specifically one that has an impedence that matches or is rated higher than your headphones and checking the specs of each soundcard i listed, their maximum impedence is 600ohms (sennhd650 is 300ohms). If you are really serious about audio then the above suggestion may enable you to experience audio much more than without imho

Hope that helps fella :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010