Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Did a quick photo shoot with my car and GF last weekend. Going to redo since lighting was low and I just used a point and shoot camera since we were in a rush.

[​IMG]

2. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Nice wowzuh...to not have a ball and chain...those were the days.

Girlfriends DO a lot more things, pose for cars etc...and yours deserves a dslr so keep us updated.

3. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    @Wanny

Is that a Fairlady Z ? They're great for drifting :)

I wish this dam recession would end so I can get a proper job, then save money for a Skyline GTR.

4. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Thanks! Yeah my good friend has a real nice DSLR and is a good Amateur photographer. I'll post up the results once we do the shoot. ;)

No you can tell its a left hand drive 350Z. All "Fairlady" cars are RHD.

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

^ What Flawlez said.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    my one (blue one of course). First car, got it one year ago so im happy its still living xD.

[​IMG]

crappy mobile phone photo tho -_-

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  7. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    [​IMG]

My 1987 300e.. bucket..
    went from a 240sx to this.. such a bore.. so much more for maintain...
    but i still love it..

no the car isn't washed when this pic wasn't taken..

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I have to ask but are you ever worried about a head on collision?I never trusted small cars like that and wouldn't buy one cause for me those kinds of cars seem like death traps.Doesn't matter how good the body would how up and with the newer small cause I have not seen very good results,like this one time a saw guy with a brand new porch and was doing a sharp turn off the highway while going 50 mph and he flipped the car and rolled into 2 other cars and his cars looked like it was in bad shape.

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Guess you didn't notice the picture of my car a few pages back, Johnny?

[​IMG]

And in case you're worried about how IT holds up in a collision.... here's one that was at the collision center at the local dealer. If i remember correctly, the car hit another car doing 35-45mph after the other car came out of nowhere. Driver and passenger walked off with nothing remotely serious. think the only harm was a bruised knee or something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as i could tell when i was looking at it, there wasn't really any actual structural damage to the car. The only thing that seemed damaged were the crash boxes. If there WAS any frame (or "Safety Cell") damage, it was very minor..... maybe the parts of the frame where the crash boxes were attached got bent a bit. I guess the car was considered totaled, cause the people that owned it now have a new one. You might notice the one panel on the rear seems to be coming off. I believe that's because when the collision occured, the car spun and cracked the back either against the car it hit, or something else, because the tail light was also shattered, along with some damage to the body panel. But hey... they're PET plastic, and recyclable.

There's a LOT of stories about accidents in Smart's. www.safeandsmart.com

They may be small, but they're designed completely around the idea of safety, are insanely fun to drive, and hold up extremely well in crashes.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    The 300zx is not exactly "small"...

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i think he means more "low profile" than "small". You know.... when the bottom of the windshield of the car is barely higher than the rear or front bumper of most of the other cars on the road. Small isn't always "death trap" though.... so long as it's built right. I will say this though.... i'd never want to roll that 300zx onto it's roof.

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    well to me it looks small to me but then again I drive a mid size and most people I know drive older cars that are like Lincoln town car size and bronco's along with suv's and those are big imo.my uncle has a grand marquise and that is my fav besides a crown vet and I used to work with a chick that owned one and those two cars a pretty conferable.
    @ElementalDragon
    nah I missed the pics but that is crazy but nice to hear that the car in the pic protects the person inside very well.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  13. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Ahh, my bad XD.

14. MoosePower

MoosePower Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    My first car, just picked it up today. :)

1988 Honda Prelude SI 4WS. With rare B20a engine.

[​IMG]

15. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    Now that is a fine piece of machinery. Those 4WS Preludes were a total riot to drive. Very glad to see that you've not only found one, but that this is your first car more than two decades after the fact. Hopefully it's a manual?

Is this a family heirloom of sorts, or did you seek this car out?

That car beats the pants off 99% of what is produced even today.

16. MoosePower

MoosePower Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I actually found it on craigslist. :) It has manual transmission and shifts sooo much easier than my dads Ford Ranger, which i learned on. I'm very lucky the previous owners had taken such good care of it.

17. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    in what aspect? it takes a 400whp Evo to beat me...and im nearly stock

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Heya, gurus's is it a bad idea to get a motorcycle/scooter when you live in an apartment without a garage? Is it just asking for it to get messed with or stolen?
    I'm considering it as just a way to get to work and back but if its troublesome to own, then I can just forget about it.

19. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I own a Toyota Estima Emina for the 6 of us.:banana:
    [​IMG]

Used to have a Volvo 940 Turbo (with boost control). Went like the wind.

20. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Um no...A 400whp evo would dust your camaro so fast it wouldnt even be funny. I used to have a 99 Z28 so I know exactly what the car is and how much power it has. Stock those camaros push 300rwhp stock. A 400whp evo would be 100 over yours to all 4 of their wheels. It would take you from a dig and a roll. Handle better and get better mpgs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.