ATi Catalyst 10.7's - Will Not Be Released Today

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Different point of view actually, depend the sites... there's too much difference between guru3D and some other sites. I have try find an explanation as CPU OC but really i don't see any ..

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...tarcraft-ii-gpu-performance-comparison-6.html

Ofc ATI drivers look absolutely not optimised for it..

Outside this, more i see benchs of the GTX465 and more i understand why they have allow to unlock them to GTX470... with the 460 release, it's surely the most useless card of all the history of hardware . ( and will surely beat the record of shorter life)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Now starcraft 2 beta, it's the only arbiter of vga cards!?
    When an game it's nvidia optimized, gain an spot on all reviews lol......:nerd:

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats Ati's own fault. they should be more involved with games imho
    would give us working/better drivers apon release of the game

4. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    But it's ridicolous lol,
    it's an DX9 game with a lot of fps!!!
    This review it's an huge spot for GTX 460... not other.
    How can you do an review with costs price and watt analysis with one only game!!! :bang::bang::bang:
    Seriously...
    You mean ATi must play dirt too?... Maybe yes, but are you sure it's good for customers?

5. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    I think they will only fix OpenGL when Rage comes

6. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Dunno where they pull it from - probably 5xxx series have much more potential than first stated. But whatever they do, it's not a magic, it's a real performance boost in demanding apps. So I expect them to do that from time to time as it has been with at least 3 final driver sets so far. They announce such changes through twitter\multiple leaked builds. If there are none, it's usually just another monthly scheduled release which does pretty much nothing, like 10.5.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i seriously wonder how much FPS we will have with max player playing, and carriers all through the screens and lots of other things happening.
    imho most intensive settings must be tested and those are not available yet.
    i certainly hope i will get atleast 40fps at 1920x1200.with 4xaa . i really dont want to buy a new vid card at this point. im ready to roll out yehaaa! :)
    and i would want ati to be more involved with more games than just dirt2 and avp. i dont care if they play them lol.
    force developers into high quality games for pc,as now it is **** imho

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Me too!

Switching GPU's because of driver support! lol

The grass is not always greener, my young padawan.

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    same here, no problem whatsoever, jsut one time some weird stutters in STALKER COP but fixed it fast..the card works like a charm..

you will be in for a surprise, and not a pleasant one, when you will encounter the same **** over at the other side..

man i've been with nvidia and ati, there are problems everywhere, you just have to find a way to work out the issues..

10. Jonup

Jonup Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 828/1944/2500
    It is the most antisipated game of the year. And the punks like me that used to pirate it 10 years ago are now able and eager to by a copy of SC2 as soon as it come out. I mean I just bought SC1 5 months ago so I can play the beta. Do I care if it supports DX10,11,...15? No. All I care is the gameplay. However, I would be pissed off if my $400 5870 did no support AA and a $200 GTX460 did. That's why ATI took a few extra days to take care of the game support.

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    At least ATI releases WHQL drivers every month. With Nvidia, you're stuck messing around with betas for a few months. I've never seen Team Green release a new certified driver every month and I've owned quite a Nvidia cards as well as ATIs. I refuse to beta test drivers, why should I do some company's dirty work for them and not get paid for it?

12. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    The game isn't released. Catalyst 10.7 ...? Not.
    It's huge spot of marketing.

13. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I wait Catalyst 10.7 or 10.8.

14. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    I came from the other side and didnt have any problems only reason i went for the 5970 was one card low heat and low power.If i turn aa to 2x in the witcher the game is choppy as hell.I had to flash the card when i got it to stop 2d crashing.And it seems like all ati does is screw up drivers release hotfix screw up again release hotfix and so on.Its quite pathetic.

15. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Your over looking the fact that alleast their drivers work beta and all.You dont see them releasing hotfixes every 15 days.

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    And your overlooking the fact that just because you had a previous card that had no issues doesn't mean you wont encounter any with newer ones. Actually it's quite the opposite. Hardware is ALWAYS ahead of software development.

Either way, keep it or sell it. It's not my money being wasted and to be honest here I don't even know why I'm replying.
    ---
    Let him live and learn I say. ;)

17. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I've encountered strange bugs with nVidia and some games too...
    nVidia isn't perfection.

18. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    So do ATI's for the most part. I've never had any problems with any of their drivers. Hotfixes mean at least they are addressing problems that come up post launch.

19. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    The performance with games can improve with releases, the most annoying is when some features don't works.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So what was your point with the initial post?

Videocard
    : 470 GTX / 250 GTS physx...

One game is not every game, your just putting fuel on the fire cause your green?
    Just pondering why you seem to care about this ATI driver at all...