Top 2/3 Wireless Gaming Mice...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kanej2007, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I currently have the Logitech MX1100. It's 1600dpi and wireless.

While it's good for gaming, it's quite heavy and therefore I was looking for a slightly lighter mouse...

I came across these 2 mice, both can be used wired or wireless and both are top manufacturers, only I do not know which one to choose! :)

1 - Razer Orochi Gaming Mouse

or

2 - ROCCAT Pyra Wireless Mouse

I have looked at various reviews for both mice, and while both scored excellently, it leaves me thinking which one to buy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I reckon the Roccat one has the edge, also it's German, we all know German's don't make crap! :)

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    The roccat kone i own is excellent, can't tell you about their wireless ones though.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm sure it's impressive since every review I read highly recommended it...

In one review, they tried the mouse wired and wireless and said there was no input lag whatsoever and whether used wired/wireless, they noticed no difference...

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I just realised k3vst3r your rig is very similar to mine, same gpu, same psu, same soundcard and same brand mobo.

5. technotoad

technotoad Active Member

GPU:
    msi,gtx 570
    i would go with the razer out of the 2 and logitech would be worth checking out as for the roccat it looks great but all of the britsh pc mags and places on the net seem to give it just avg scores like 7/10 not many give it high marks and to me that means unless you can get it cheap i wound not buy one if i was you.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Ok, so what other options have I got? There are quite a few good gaming mices out there...

7. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I'd recommend avoiding Razor after using logitech, its a big change shape and feel wise.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Then what other suggestions do you have? Something comfortable, not too heavy and extremely low or no input lag...

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Any more suggestions/opinions?

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. I love it, but does take a little time to get used to it due to it's size & shape. Works as well as a wired gaming mouse, takes only 1 rechargeable AA battery, last nearly a week between charges, takes only a couple hours to recharge, & does offer the charge while you play feature. I bought it for $60 and couldn't be happier. One thing I don't care for is Microsoft's customer service, they clearly out source it to India.

[​IMG]

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks like a good mouse, how is the response time? Is it light, smooth and accurate? Is it good for FPS?

12. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's smooth, very responsive, & accurate. As far as weight it is on the heavy side, but I've found I like it once I get used to it. It's quite a good mouse for the price, one drawback that I have read about, though never experienced, is that a couple wireless routers may interfere with it. It is great for FPS since it has a 4000 DPI setting yet is still very accurate so it take very little movement to get shots on target. Really it performs no different than a great wired gaming mouse.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
  15. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Also dunno about the wireless.. But the Roccat Kone kicks ass!!
    Best mouse I've ever had in my hands, and I'm definately not switching so soon, except they make a mouse that can run Crysis on high on it's own :p

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Certainly does :banana:

17. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 460 GTX
    I just got a Logitech G500. The adjustable dpi is sweet.It will go to 5200dpi, and you can add up to 24grams of weight.

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
  19. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Is it possible for you to go and try out the mice at any store before buying? I would do so if I were you. I bought the CM sentinel advance without trying it because has great reviews everywhere, and everyone seems to love it, and I ended up hating it. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. PC world should have some of those mice out on display shouldn't they?

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just keep in mind it's a larger size mouse & due to it's shape it may take a little while to get used to. I almost sent it back because of this, but decided it's performance outweighed the size issue & I figured I'd get used to it. Well I have gotten used to it & now every other mouse feels too small. :)