Most evil movies ever

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Indeo, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    What are the most evil movies you've seen? When I say "evil", I don't mean Darth Vader, Dr. Doom or Ash's chainsaw hand. I mean something that is seriously disturbing, crushing your values, putting you into some serious mental shock and making you unable to analyze what's going on while you just sit and watch everything you believe in being ruined or mocked...

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    faces of death series

3. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    Teletubbies
    I always thought TV was educational, but with this POS I doubt that our children will be able to open a can of beer once they've grown up.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  4. Runing Target

Runing Target Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060 12GB
    :devil: Hostel is high on the evil list :chainsaw2:

:chainsaw:

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    The Last Temptation Of Christ, mind i'm an agnostic, i don't believe in a god or gods, demons goblins spooks etc nor do i go to churches, but i do not rule out the possibility of such an existence nor mind talking or analyzing religious topics as long as its in a civilized manner with people (in the real world, not here).

the movie deals with the human side of Jesus and up to a point it even glorifies Judas (the traitor), Jesus having sex with Mary Magdalene etc, it was clear that the movie was based partially on Apocryphic text (and the rest pure fiction from the mind of the director), it's a brilliant movie that i personally loved, it's inspiring and at the same time evil.

i'm christian (only on paper) and i read the bible completely when i was a kid, so watching this movie shocked me first time but at the same time made me realize that the bible should be interpreted and not taken word by word and that the Apocryphic texts that the church denies, may infact hold much truth.

that's all. ;)

[​IMG]

PS. i'm not going to answer or discuss anything religious, i'm just letting you know which movie shocked me and why.

6. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Movies are made by people, if a person makes up a story to mock something I believe I typically give no consideration to what they have to say. Same deal with a movie, if it does that I just don't watch it. I got no respect for some attitudes.

Reality is a different story though. Probably the most evil thing I've seen was a video that made the rounds a year or two ago where some tribals formed a mob in kenya to burn some 'witches'. It might not be the most graphic but I have a thing about mobs; nothing and I mean absolutely nothing makes my blood boil like a mob.

In fiction I'd say the most severe is black lagoon 2nd barrage, but it didn't alter my perception of reality. spoiler don't read if you're gonna watch the anime.
    When the abused child assassin is shot on the docks by the sniper is probably the greatest crescendo of wtfs in one ****ed up moment in anime

Elfen lied is probably more 'evil' but since there's no real plot, just children dismembering each other one after another it doesn't have any impact other than a feeling of disgust towards the writers. That and wondering why the **** people recommended it.:puke2:

7. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
  8. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    for me it was : Ripper Letter From HELL , the original one , from 1989 or around that time !

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    for me i guess the hostel movies.

10. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Rosebary's Baby was pretty evil, the ending gave me chills!

11. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    ^ Rosemary's Baby was great!

I've got to add Red Death (Vincent Price) was also very good and evil incarnate.
    Race with the Devil was ok, good story line - some cheesy parts, but a good story nonetheless.

ANYTHING done using HP Lovecraft's works. All the movies based on any of his stories are usually B movies, but mostly retain the kernel from the books.
    (In the Mouth Of Madness is an excellent example)

...you know, there are too many to name!

Psychlone

12. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Hostels... Yeah, first one was pretty disturbing at times, but I caught the real shocks in the sequel.
    There's actually too many movies which bring down characters' social egos, turning them from good people\nice teens\social persons into some grotesque animals fighting for their lives, but it's all in the details. Most of such disaster\horror movies are very hard to believe since they're focused on action\plot instead of these transformations. So the ones that are out of line are indeed evil. The last one I've seen is "The last house on the left" remake (a pun, mmkay). It's much softer than the original by Wes Craven, many scenes removed from the original plot, but still... Some real shocker for today's "tolerance society"
    underaged child rape long detailed scene
    Another incarnation of this are so-called "Revenge movies". Depends on the main character and his methods, though, but sometimes they're extremely rough and produce this "evil sense". "Taken" with Liam Neeson is some fine example of that. Pretty much realistic overall, but filled with too much angry uncompromising kills. More fiction ones - "The Crow", starts right from the disaster and then... Back from the dead, filled with pain, crushing everyone involved. However, this sense fades away too soon. "Sweeney Todd" does it much better with romanticism turning into gore in no time. The last one I can recall at the moment is (just don't laugh) last 10 seconds of "Chronicles of Riddick - Director's cut": "you keep what you kill", and one second after you realize that main character is now in charge of very evil things - closing titles with aggressive and anxious orchestral music. Love that part)

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i find the dining ritual on youtube pretty disturbing aswell

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    EDEN LAKE - because it is something that could really happen to anyone

15. Alex.NS

Alex.NS Member Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 465
    :puke2:

thats pretty messed up.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i have a few, i just one on TV yesterday >> Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist

i didn't really know of this last sequel, but its scarier than Exorcist the beginning.

and these;

Exorcist1, Amytiville (all), Exorcism of Emily Rose, Event Horizon, The Thing, Poltergeist, Helraiser1-2, Silent hill, ; Descent, The skeleton key, The reaping (these 3 where more for the thrills not so scary),..

maybe i missed some but these are definitely some of the scariest/evil i've ever seen:bat:

and i find movies with possessions/exorcism the scariest as long as its done right, not some mediocre low budget pos horrors (its allot of this crap lately),.. dunno maybe its because im Christian.

17. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Event Horizon is another one, the film itself wasn't that good but atmosphere created was evil incarnate.

I don't really find most films with extreme gore scary or effective, I.E. films like Saw and Hostel.

18. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I have watched too much of this crap...and the exorcist is on my top list.The movie was inspired by a real Exorcist called Malachi Martin,a great and honorable man by the judgement of his books.He died in strange circumstances...
    And the movie about Jesus of Martin Scorcese is one of the most vicious attack on the diety of Jesus Crist I have seen in the mainstream Hollywood.His masters were probably pleased by his work...

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i own all the movies you mentioned and then some, you can't mention a horror movie i do not have (new or old), collectionism has ruined my life. :devil:

if you like possession movies, one of my absolute favorites (if maybe rare, i had to order the DVD by import for a pretty high price years ago) is the movie by Armando De Ossorio called "The Possessed 1975" also known as Demon Witch Child.

the girl gets possessed by a witch who committed suicide and turns into her (physically too), obviously rip-off the exorcist but i liked this one better cause the girl is evil (she cuts her dad's penis and mail it to a parent) :D

[​IMG]

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Battle Royale? It's been so long since I've seen it, not sure what kinda response I had to it, but it certain upset some people.
    [​IMG]