female athelete becomes a man after sex reassignment surgery

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by death_samurai, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I do think it's a bad thing, but I prefer to mind my own. However, since the thread is here I'll speak a little bit of my mind.

Awhile back I was listening to a radio program called loveline and they were discussing this. I rarely attribute insight to those kinds of programs but to paraphrase Dr. Drew &/or Adam Corolla 'If it's really what's on the inside that counts why mutilate yourself?'

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    I obviously wasn't serious. I was joking about some "scientists' bizarre operations gone wrong and caused mutations, just like in Repo men" thing. It had nothing to do with hate or disrespect for the real way of things, my opinion or whatsoever. Don't look for the offence and you won't find none.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. However, I think your case (if there's one at all) is a different thing since you're fine with what you have in terms of biology, but these persons aren't.

3. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    I don't want attention, I dress appropriately, because I don't want to stand out. I work at a call center, so I can wear "business casual", which is easy to do.

4. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

In my head, sorta. It's physiological, there's a great difference in the amout of male to female versus female to male, and it seems to be rooted in early fetal development when the zygote decides to be female or male, and the switch isn't completely flipped.

5. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I loled at this :wanker:

Looks like a normal man to me, She already looked like guy anyway, soo shes better of like a He.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  6. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Yep, and happier too. This is also a quality of life issue as well.

7. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    yeah, I see that hes more happy now, but i understand it when its done this way. though some people only does it for the sake of Transforming themselfs because they were bored of their looks.

8. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

It's cool, I try to have a thick skin for these kinda reasons, but it isn't obvious until you say you're jokin, because you're posting on a message board. I can't know your tone unless you say what you mean.

9. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Glad that PhatKat is doing right here.

some responses just make me angry :bash:

But well, after my response I think that is neccesary say that I´m not gay, trans or whatever ... just a "normal" person so I´m sad again :bonk: lolz

10. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Thank you!

Also, you're entitled to be just a boring, old non-trans non-gay person if you like, just be you and enjoy it...

I am only trying to be a good ambassador for other transgirls and boys like me, the vast majority of us want to blend in to the world and live happy and unharassed. We are not typically the fools you see on TV, those are poor misguided souls, I really do feel for them, and wish they didn't make me and others look bad.:bang:

11. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Phatkat, You have my full support! :)

12. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

There are standards of care(SOC) that reputable doctors adhere to, to alleviate this issue. I agree, some of them are doing nothing good for themselves, but had they seen a psychologist who adhered to SOC's they would likely be better off.

There are many ways to cheat the system, there always is. You can fly to Thailand, pay approx. $20,000 and be a girl, no questions asked. That includes the "psych eval", which really only is a cover story for the medical standards.

You can also just lie to your shrink, get your papers, pay your much much closer U.S. doctor a much much larger amount of money, and be done.

But, by doing these things, you would have likely solved a problem that didn't exist, making yourself very unhappy.

13. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Thank you! I appreciate anyone's tolerance, though I don't feel it right to expect anyone to understand it.

I don't completely understand why I am like this, but I am. I have a clean bill of health from a licensed and long-standing psych(who is also a lawyer and specializes in child psych), just seems that I am "mismatched", my mind and body. Being that he specializes in children's psychology, he has a greater understanding of the developing human brain and its' intricacies, making him a great choice to help transpeople. I wanted a psych that I couldn't fool, even inadvertently, because I want to be happy, not just successful in my transition. If being trans were wrong for me, I would have chosen a different path to fix me.

14. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Btw are you a male to female or vice versa?

15. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

The transformation is almost 100%, "he" didn't really have female breasts to start with so i guess there probably wasn't a real need to go for any reduction surgery.

Seems to me though that her sporting days are over.

16. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Male to female. It's good to see a female to male in the news, there are far fewer of them.

17. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    goodluck with the dick man.

18. Huh this is different from the usual thread, but aren't the male and female brain very different in the ways they work and process, so I'd assume It'd feel confusing at times somewhat knowing you can't be what you want to completely because of something you can't change, that being the brain itself (unless they've found a way to do that; you still have the memory of initial gender) and is there a constant or continual use of artificial hormones? I mean my initial assumption is that a lot of this is rooted in insecurity, i mean if it wasn't, then why change your gender, because it looks/feels good? I just don't really get it at all, it seems very drastic and somewhat of an identity crises (I mean no disrespect and am not some sorta religious fanatic or anything, believe me these are merely opinions/thoughts, perharps PhatKat could weigh in on some of what I said, as PhatKat would know more about this than I.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  19. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    PhatKat this is the Internet so I don't believe you. I always used to troll with random stuff like that (and still do). If it's true though it was your choice so I don't really care. :)

As for that guy... I'd never be able to tell he was a woman at some point.

20. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

It's not insecurity(for me), it's more like alignment. Imagine the most uncomfortable situation you can remember, and assume you had to feel that way every day. That's about it. I figured out what was goin on years ago, but out of fear, waited til a couple years ago to do anything about it, and have been goin all day since about a year ago.

The hormones are either harvested from animals(cheaper), or natural(expensive), but both do the same thing, the natural ones having fewer side effects.

Our brains, well, yes they are different, but not that different. When a male takes estrogen, the chemical balance changes, and female characteristics start to develop. The brains of transpeople are more like their proclaimed gender than their actual gender, in most cases, as shown in CAT scans and such. The activity patterns are very close to those of females, showing that this a birth issue, not a lifestyle choice.

Unfortunately, there is no real cure, just measures to take to minimize discomfort and help mind-body alignment.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.