Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    The bloom is also in Operation Arrowhead. But now you have more post process seatings to alert to suite your case: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1660975&postcount=1 . Bloom was always configurable in Arma 2. Its the post process settings.

Also with latest beta patch the game now is 64bit and multicore optimized.

2. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Get Arma 2 Combine Operations. Also new beta patch is out now.
    http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  4. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Got this game ordered aswell, never played any of them before.

Whats the online play like, is it accesible to noobs, or will it be like weeks and weeks of learning before I can take to the skys in a chopper or plane ?

6. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    ^^ best to play the campaigne first, takes a week to assign your keys lol.

7. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Tried to play multi but I never manage. I got lost of what I was suppose to do. But never mind single player is better for me. I bought OA from day one and I am still playing it. There are a lot off user made missions.

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    hahaha I read this on some reviews.

Still i'm looking forward to really getting into something a bit slower paced and tactical.
    Think i'm getting to old to be running around in BC2. I seem to be getting worse and worse in those types of games. I like to couch down in a corner for 5 mins these days whilst I work out what to do.
    Maybe this game will let be do that !!

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    There's plenty of time to get into cover and plan ahead or listen to the plan of another player. That's the beauty of online coop in ArmA2/OA.

Most newcomers are shocked to the steep learning curve and the unforgiveness of the ArmA2 gameplay, but if you give it another chance the game gets better and better.

10. spike21

spike21 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970CF 16@2133mhz
    The AI can be pretty brainless at times,but overall the game is a lot of fun.

11. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
  12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Brainless??? Its the best AI I experience in a game.

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    On large scale, yea, on small scale, no (small scale = taking cover etc). And the large scale is usually defined by mission scripting.

14. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
  15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i bought the game last week but i've yet to install it, got too many games to play atm :D

16. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    You cant imagine what are you missing... :p

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    The mission where you have to rescue the chopper pilot was my favourite so far, stealthing it in with my squad under the cover of darkness, taking out the enemy one by one.
    :hit: :biggun:

18. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    You only get that mission if you were shot down and captured or somesuch in the previous mission...otherwise you get a mission using the "high command" thing to lead an armor attack on the airport and a lot of people don't like that one much.

19. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Which mission do you need to get captured in then ? Can you be more precise ?

I'd love to do that stealth mission, sounds great :)

My game is arriving today, 3 more days off work, cloudy outside...perfect gaming conditions

20. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    well it's the 4th mission in the SP campaign in Operation Arrowhead but it wasn't clear to me if you are buying ArmA 2 or the stand alone expansion Operation Arrowhead or the "Combined Operations" CD with both ArmA 2 and OA.

It's a shame they didn't work both the rescue pilot and assault airport missions into the campaign scenario since there's not many missions in it to begin with. Those that have OA might also want to know that depending on choices made and the outcome of the mission in Zargabad where you either rescue the hostages or go after Aziz in the villa it will either end the campaign and show the news report (the best part of the whole campaign IMO lol) or give you one of two possible missions. Both are back on the Takistan map...one Aziz is trying to escape in a Huey and you go after him in an Apache and the other he is holed up in a remote village protected by spec ops and you parachute in from a C130 and go after him on foot...and then you get the news report ending thing.