Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    You can't get a good wheel for 190€ excluding anything else, so I doubt it. A good wheel = 250€+ new.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This is nothing new. You could do this in Forza.

And why would they add go-karts? This just seems stupid.

3. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I think it's safe to say that's where the similarities between GT5 and Forza end. As much as I like forza, it will never reach the technical and visual quality of GT5

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's just the modelling in GT, they capture the cars so perfectly, hell the models on GT3 look more accurate then forza's, even though the old PS2 version looks worse graphics wise.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    can't say that for all the cars. the models made for fm3 look spot on with real life counter parts. the ones imported from fm2 some more some less.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Just checked some screenshots, it's improving but it's still not the modeling GT offers. At some places the models still look blocky and unsmooth.

7. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Last week I ordered the Logitech G27 =D
    $225 USD after rebate, so 178€ or 148£

We welcome more content.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well yea ;) but they've been at it longer PD that is :D fm started in 2002-2003 or so :)

9. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Stop being a fangaytard. PD said them selves all 1000 cars will have interior view. Its just that the 200 premium cars have extra detail and full crash and crumple physics.

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I don't care whether there are 200 or 1000 cars and what details they got inside - the (full) game needs to be released first. So far its all promises, excuses, hints, blahblah talk.

So fed up waiting for something UBERspectacular to come out. Devs seem to forget most things arent UBER anymore when you let 2 years pass.

11. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    They said the research and details they were able to obtain were far greater than what the ps3 could do, so hopefully when the ps4 comes out they will be able to utilize all of their models and data to spit out gt6 much quicker.
    The ps3 is showing her age with the shadows over the dash are so square pixelated it doesnt even look anywhere as good as nfs shift (for the pc) as far as dash shadows.

Keep in mind I bought a ps3 last month just for this game so Im not trashing the game.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Why dont we wait till the game released before we resign it to the bin. LOL

13. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    hey now im as psyched as they come for gt5. I have a countdown widget on my phone for when its released. Id even build myself my own little racing seat cockpit if I didnt think my wife would completely cut me off from sex after seeing it.

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well I've never been a fan of Playstation but I often cite Gran Turismo as one of the few exceptions. Anyway if this games ends up being as epic as the first couple were in the series I will invest in a PS3 just for this game & the Blu-ray player, though I'm sure it will lead to other games. That's saying a lot since I mainly play PC games now & my Xbox 360 has been idle, collecting dust for almost a year.

15. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I was on the same boat shadow.

My last console (other than a wii for the kids and parties) was a sega CD. Ive gamed on the PC since probably 1988 or so. My wheel luckily does the ps3 and the pc so after my bday I invested in the ps3 and I was surprised at how easy she is to use and getting onto my pc library to play divx files streaming wirelessly is worth it as well (stopped buying blank dvds). The ps3 has been a pretty nice investment. I downloaded the free ncaa football 2010 for the 4th of july party and that was a ton of fun for everyone...and it cost me nothing...cant complain there.

So long story short...buy the ps3 (and pick up gt5 prologue for 20 bucks at gamestop)...or hit up the local craigslist and find an 80gb for 150 bucks.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    oi oi i read that from ze gtplanet :) and i read it was confirmed false few days later :D I'm going to get GT5 myself tbh since it looks nice.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  18. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    which real-world tracks would GT5 have? i'm hoping i can do some F1 fantasy driving when it comes out! haha!

19. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    64 tracks some 20 environments :) and by that it doesn't mean the tracks at same place are totally similar or get boring after sometime...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.