Can anyone tell me the official ATI forum and 10.7 release?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DJ_Casper, Jul 6, 2010.

1. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    980x HTT OFF

5870 crossfire

2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Dude, people are just simply pointing out that with such low end hardware, such as yours, an optimised driver can only do so much.

Remember your the one who posted this thread because of your poor BC2 performance, you should have expected people to look at your weak hardware aswell.

I'm glad you've found your miracle driver in 10.5a, with your hardware your'll need plenty more miracles in future.
    Myself I find 10.6 runs best for me in BC2.

Oh as for your comments re i7 owners being intel sheep or not knowing the value of money....... Remember not everyone here is in the Ukraine, an i5 or i7 860 like mine is just a midrange/ very affordable processor. No more than a days work money wise.
    Besides, us sheep may do other things with our quads (besides going "baaa.baaa") such as encoding, folding, mulittasking..... Things you can only do very slowly with your dated e8500.

Anyway enjoy your game ;) glad you found the right driver!!

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Slightly off topic, but i noticed a huge difference when a changed from two cores to four.

4. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So you ask for help and have been given the answer and you simply shoot it down as if you know what your talking about. Why do people like you even ask for help if you wont take any advice given? What a waste of time.

5. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    No abuse plz man. Just stating my point. I hope that 10.7 will be miracle :)

Read once more the head of the topic. It may be helpful for you

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, I got that, good one man! </sarcasm>
    Yet your title is a bit misleading isn't it, you asked when 10.7 official will be out and your post is more geared towards your performance issues in BC2. Why am I even bothering with you at this point? :bang:

Enjoy your ignorance! :D

7. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    *Sadly looks at the flooded above*
    This is what happens when people tolerate ignorance. Stating the obvious, it would take less time for op to actually google "official ATi forum", then click on the very first link and be on his merry way... Instead, he goes to a very specific HW board and asks for something which is actually in every second thread in this section, then starts an offtop discussion trying to disprove the well-known and illustrated fact. It is way too unethical.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  8. rone

rone Member Guru

Guys, you forget that BC2 is a console port and can't deal properly with all that modern hardware in a gaming PC. For instance HD5870 is 10 times more powerful than Xbox 360 Xenos GPU. How bad ATI drivers must be to destroy that excessive power in a first place? It is all up to BC2 being a console game, running on a PC.

9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Huh? Where did you hear that a 5870 can't run BC2 well. And yes, it's a console port. That being said they didn't just port it over to PC and release it. You've been misinformed. Have you even seen a comparison of the 360 & PC side by side?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  10. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    With my rig , i am getting avg 35 fps in bfdc2 and avg 25 fps in metro, yah i am very happy with this performence .. (high,10.5,1600x900,noAA,16AF,obiously dx11) ..

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The PC version was developed parallel to the console versions I believe and features much higher quality graphics (on max settings) and resolutions than the 360 and PS3 builds. It has HBAO lighting for example. The console versions run at 1280x720 with no AA and a 30 fps framerate with intermittent screen tearing.

12. quickkill2021

quickkill2021 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti sli Poseidon
    i would like to chime in. i would like a real answer to this discussion about dual core vs quads.

I have a E8600 overclocked to 4.2ghz i have a 5870 at 950 core and 1300 memory

Now everyone here will say of course you are getting a bottle neck because your cpu isn't powerful, therefore you will have a low graphics score because your cpu can't feed the graphics card fast enough.

Ok well thats all fair and all but when i look at my graphics score its the same, as quad people and i7 people. here are my scores.

for 3dmark vantage = 14808
    gpu : 19794
    cpu: 8434

3dmark06 = 20326
    SM2.0 = 8953
    HDR/SM3.0 Score = 11313
    CPU = 3835

Now please look at the graphics score, i don't think my scores are being to hindered by my dual core my graphics score is where it should be even though i am running a low end cpu.

I know this is synthetic benchmarking, but in final fantasy 14 benchmark low i get 4800 and high i get 4, 600. try the benchmark and see how you do.

anyway, i am not trying to argue either point, its just that i feel i needed to overclock to 4.2 ghz in order to not cripple my card. at 3.3 ghz my graphics score was super low. So obviously i was bottle-necking it, but now i feel that it isn't bottle necked that much.

13. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    You mean they made PC version and turned rest of the code to asians to quick port so it barely works on Consoles so they can sell it. 'parallel' just today sounds so fancy, lol. :pc1:

(just kidding of course.)

14. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    any clue or info about 10.7 ??? are they changed from 10.6 base .dll tree and code philosophy..?? because 10.6 are the most hated and failed drivers nowadays...:3eyes:

15. xpeedx

xpeedx Member

GPU:
    ATi HD 6870
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010

16. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

well said. after reading this whole thread yours is the best post

17. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    As this thread turned into a dual v quad one, particulary in BC2 i thought i'd posted this in here (as well as in the BC2 thread)

I remembered seeing it when the game first came out and just found it again for that other thread......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now a few things to point out.

1)It was done withe the beta, the full game got even more multithreaded perf with one of the first patches - so the difference will be even more striking now.

2) It was a proper CPU test, the bit-tech one wasn't...why ?
    Since when have CPU tests ever been done at 1920x1080 max details ? never.
    CPU tests are always done at low resolutions so as to isolate the gpu from the test, just like the one above is

Conclusion:
    BC2 is massively multi-threaded, its so much commom knowledge particulary amongst the players themselves its not even debateable.

Also I have just done some tests myself with HT on and off.
    With HT on I get about 10-15 % perf increase and the game is much smoother.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  19. cerealkeller

cerealkeller Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan SLI

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats probably with no AA on, or a low resolution :)