NVIDIA 258.69 Beta is out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chinobino, Jun 29, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

64 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

36 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

31 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

You are totally right, thats good info you have given.

Hope to get more good info from you, keep up the good work man.

2. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    I don't have the flash issue. I am currently playing 4 tabs with youtube videos at once - 2 of them are 1080p, 1 is 480p, 3rd one is 720p. They are all playing fine. Cheers.

3. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Didn't think I was having the flash issue either as I had upwards of 10 players going in FF & IE. However yesterday I had flash bring down the nvidia drivers and when everything came back I had to log off & back onto the system to get flash video working again (every window was green and there was a stuck process I couldn't kill even with admin privs.)

4. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    Today (for first time) also WLM2010 beta gave me "driver not responding" error, also i sometimes (very random, sometimes twice in a row, sometimes nothing for a day or two) get blue screen with nvlddmkm or win32k when closing World of Warcraft.

This drivers just seems bit broken on some setups.

5. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    I had the flash player issues but i have unchecked the hardware acceleration from the flash settings and for the last two days i havent got any issue. Dunno if is a coincidence or not.

6. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    its not a conicidence, but this is not a solution... Why not use GPU acceleration of Flash videos if its there?

7. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Same here. Tried to play two videos at once and one time got black screen with the sound on the backgroud (had to press reboot button) and second time I got green screens in youtube videos and message that the driver stopped working and successfully recovered.
    Other than that this driver gave me the best performance among all. Will keep them plus I do not usually watch more than one video at a time anyway.

8. Chastity

Chastity Guest

Flash crashing issues? Easy fix: download latest Flash. Had that issue, but is now gone. (Updated both for FFox and IE)

On another note, gaming with 3360 x 1920 rox :D

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nope, im not wrong, and don't know why you keep using a still image as an example, of course it won't cause issues, its static.
    Its jerky movement that is the problem, especially when its rendered in 3D since its now even more obvious.

Obviously a low refresh rate causes eye strain, but thats just limited to CRT's.
    At the moment im sitting about 6-12inches from a 46inch 60hz screen with no issues, as well as being able to watch hours of movie footage at 24hz with no pain, but even at 75-85hz on a CRT i will struggle after an hour or so.

Low framerates also gives me eyestrain, part of the reason i shove motion blur on whenever i get the chance.
    3D movies can also give me eyestrain, not always though.
    A Christmas Carol and Alice In Wonderland gave me zero eyestrain, with Avatar i got minor eyestrain during the
    live action stuff in the first half, and with Shrek4 at the Imax i had such bad pain, i had to remove the glasses every 10-15minutes.

How many 3D movies have you been to see at the cinema, and which screens have you test this on, as whil i'm sure you mean well, i have a feeling you're just making assumptions rather than having any experience with it.

I have been to see every 3D movie released in the last year, and recently got the chance to test 3 different 3D TV's, and with the new TV's, the panning issues that affects 24hz material is even more exaggerated when its rendered in 3D, so much so that you feel yourself squinting when it happens.

To keep it slightly on topic, just tested this driver with the latest verson of flash, and i had around 10video's running, and no crashes, not even when quickly switching between them.

As for the Pro's, can't find any, gaming feels identical, and no differnce with video's or Cuda applications.

10. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    this is a hint ! make a new topic and argue in there:stewpid:

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who asked you for a hint?

12. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    same person that asked for info on drivers , not the one whos wasted 2 pages arguing about issues that should be in a new topic

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If im quoted im going to answer, especially when its from a person spreading misinformation that could have buyers spending hundreds on new hardware.

3D multi monitor Support is a big addition to these drivers, so its part of driver related issues whether you like reading about it or not, and i gave info on the drivers.

No issues with games, and i solved the Flash issue with a reinstall.

Edit: No, i didn't solve it, just reared its ugly head again there, even worse this time, made me do a hard reboot, must be a year since i had to do one of them, as well as the usual green screen etc....
    Solved by turning off Hardware Acceleration, but this is a workaround, not a solution.

I imagine this will be fixed for the next whql, since this is a biggie.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    These drivers are balls.

1 - Custom resolutions are STILL broken and don't function at all no matter how I try to force them.

2 - It's more broken than the previous driver, scaling for full screen in 2D games is completely broken and simply won't function.

3 - There still is no compatible nHancer for the 250 series.

I'm probably going to switch to an older driver.

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Problem free up till now.
    First driver I've ever used that gave me downclocking problems.
    I mean I don't really care about it, but seeing that I have used every driver made for this card sense it came out, kind of concerning.

16. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Driver IS working, but only after I disabled SLI and set PhysX to CPU (dunno yet which caused the crashes, but hoping PhysX !! :) ). Gamed 45mins, surfed about same and all OK.

I installed the driver a 5th or 6th time since I noticed I was using Generic PnP monitor driver, installed the Dell one, but crashes came as before at the usual 10-15min mark.

EDIT ///

It's a total mess adding a second monitor to my rig (in my case a LCD TV, DVI->HDMI)...the newly attached will become Primary monitor...I can ofcourse change that, but still my real, primary monitor I have in front of my face is monitor #2... only when I remove the 2nd display and reboot, primary = monitor #1

EDIT ///

Had my first real SLI run with these drivers, 45 minutes of TMN gaming ! :banana:
    What I did:
    * Uninstalled two SideShow gizmos from System/Device Manager (Logitech G15)
    * Closed down EVGA Precision (1.9.4 showing core and shader clocks, temp, usage %, fps)
    Prior to these changes, as usually, something happens after 10-15min..this time screen went black, game still working..I quickly pressed ALT + F4, came to desktop, saw gpu clocks drop to 2D (EVGA precision running) and at same time I got picture back. During gaming I had 3D Low perf clocks...didn't bother to fix it (Alt + Tab and back to game always gives back 3D high clocks) since I was using vsync and had 60fps.

I'll reboot and continue testing w/o gpu reading apps, and later include evga precision with only few gpu data.
    (PhysX has been left "disabled/CPU")

EDIT ///

Nah, EVGA app closed, PhysX disabled and uninstalling the SideShow thangs didn't help. Just like before screen goes BLACK, and if I can quit the game, gpus will go 2D clocks and save a crash; screen looks normal again - I guess if I don't close the game a BSOD is few secs away.
    Leaving firefox open some time with flash mtrl = desktop freezes with picture, G15 LCD keeps working until I start moving mouse/ or press LCD buttons..4th cpu core=100% usage, all LCD "pages" also become frozen, but I can toggle between them all day long...Power off (ie restart windows) doesn't work, real hard power off a must.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  17. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

Try the 197.55

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Open up regedit, search for "nv_modes", double click it and insert your resolution there. Pretty much the same thing custom resolutions does. Some will have like 800x600x64, but just for instance 960x600 should be enough, it'll just be that res with the default refreshrates and stuff from your screen.

19. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Maybe I've learned how to live with this driver...there is a pattern.

1. I immediately start playing a game after booting to Windows: screen will go black within 5-15mins. If I chose browsing web (flash content) it would freeze and eventually crash rig instead.

2. I quickly quit game (Alt+F4, Trackmania closes with this key combination)

3. GPUs go to 2D clocks.

4. I get my screen back.

5. Playing games, surfing works again. Rig is acting normal...

No temp problems, <60C.

20. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    there is an easier way.........install 258.49 quadro s , no flash issues for me ! and no black screen till i switch me pc off lol i just dont no were all these issues are coming from ive had none apart from fan polling stutter in first 2 series drivers all the rest been spot on