RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Cool, good to know we got it sorted out :)

Still have some new stuff to add, but don't worry, the core won't be changed as it seems to be almost stable ;)

Strange, I do not see 16x with CFAA Edge detect, only 12x and 24x. Edge detect tops at 24x, Wide-tent can be set at 32x for Crossfire systems.

Try clearing the cache in settings dialog and click Check for updates to see if the other skins appears on list.

I have a new "cosmetic" feature ready, will upload later as I'm going to bed now [​IMG]

2. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Hi japamd

I did a clean install of your latest version and I can see its going from strength to strength. Great job.

A small issue I noticed is the following:

As I said, I did a clean install and I didn't create any profiles whatsoever. But it seems the global settings may reducing the performance of Anistropic Filtering in some games, most notably TOCA Race Driver 3. This game has its own graphics settings (not actually in-game but in a launcher) including AA and AF. When RadeonPro is not installed, the AF looks fine, but when RadeonPro is installed the quality of the AF is severely reduced, to the point that it doesn't even look like its on.

I then created a profile for it and maxed out AF settings in RadeonPro, but it had no effect at all. I have no AA or AF settings enabled in CCC at all.

Is it possible your global settings are overriding in-game settings even though I hadn't even changed the AF settings to override in the first place?

Thanx heaps :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. leom81

leom81 Guest

GPU:
    ati 5870
    hi!
    my problem is that the pc where i use radeonpro is not connected to internet, so how i can download the updates?

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Make a profile of the game, using the rd3.exe
    Use the Brother in Arms AA profile.
    Crank **** up.
    Should work.
    If you want, add to the trigger the exe launcher

Download RadeonPro latest version here

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Verified this morning that I'm getting a 16xAA option with CFAA set and it disappears when I click on it leaving only the 24x option as the maximum available until I exit RadeonPro from the system tray and reload it. Then I get the 16x option back.

I have a screenshot here:

RadeonPro with 16x CFAA option showing

*EDIT*
    I know CrossFireX is disabled in that profile but I've just checked with the Driver Default setting and it's still the same: 16x CFAA, select then it disappears. No big deal though if 24xAA CFAA is the maxium you can have anyway.

OK, will do. Thanks.

*EDIT*
    That fixed it. All four skins are now selectable. :)

6. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Thank you MerolaC for your suggestion although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

But the biggest question is: Why should I have to do that? Race Driver 3 has its own graphics settings that I'd rather use, and have worked quite well up until now. RadeonPro shouldn't interfere with those settings unless I tell it to do so. But I know RadeonPro is interfering because of the change in performance of the in-game AF when it is installed.

I only want to create profiles for games that do not have their own in-game AA or AF settings.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @sean_skroht - Have you checked the CCC's 3D settings to see if AF is being overridden there? Also check the Mip-map setting.

I have, still have a problem actually (sorry japamd!), with RadeonPro occasionally changing the global/CCC's 3D settings. For me, it seems to be triggered by a certain sequence of things I do because it happens so infrequently. However, it does mean I to keep my eye on both the CCC's 3D settings and the global settings in RadeonPro to make sure they're not being altered between gaming sessions.

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, Race Driver 3 doesn't have any option for AA in the launcher.
    So, there is the point to use the Brother in Arms profiles.

Also, if the game is not on the profiles, RadeonPro will not interfere in any way unless you touched the Global profiles and changed things there.

9. suvi

suvi New Member

GPU:
    4890 crossfire
    Hey japamd!

Thanks for the Farcry2.exe profile, its working :)

I was just having 1 little issue, when i use a Farcry2.exe profile for Sniper ghost warrior and in tweaks menu i force Vsync ,it doesn't work. If i play sniper ghost warrior without the Farcry2.exe profile , force Vsync work no problem.

So my guess is it has some problems once the you use crossfire profile from a different game , then it doesn't work. Btw if i use the Farcry2.exe profile and have d3doverrider from rivatuner active in background everything is good, vsync is working and profile being used is Farcry2.exe.

Still awesome program.

Bye bye

10. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Thanks for your replies guys, but I'll just re-emphasize what I said before. I have no AA or AF settings enabled in CCC at all. So nothing is being overridden by (or to) CCC.

My problem only relates to Anistropic Filtering and not Anti-Aliasing.

As I said before, I had not created any profiles, and no, I had not changed any settings in Global. It was just a clean install. My problem is not related to AA, but actually related to AF. Yes there are AA and AF settings for Race Driver 3, but I may have used the incorrect term by saying the settings are in the "launcher". Go to Race Driver 3 game folder and run "HardwareSetup.exe" and then go to "Advanced Settings" - its all in there.

I did try your suggestion before but it did not make any difference.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you can reproduce this behavior in a consistent manner then probably there's a problem that must be fixed. In a first sight there's nothing that would make AF quality worse, unless you have an unsupported graphics card like X1900XT or older.

Well, you can't. But as pointed by MerolaC you can download the latest version using other pc.

You just change the AA filter to CFAA and the AA level list shows AA 12x, 24x and 16x?

Thanks, that's another bug to fix.

When that happens please don't change anything in RadeonPro Global settings and check CCC settings to see if they are altered too. If they don't change in CCC then it's only a screen refresh issue.

I've changed the internal profile management since build 1.0.7.19, maybe there's something I forgot to change that broke the forced vsync when a CrossfireX compatibility profile is used. I'll take a look onto that and will report back.

Thanks.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Basically, yes, although I had the OutRun 2006 profile highlighted which is forced to use CFAA (Edge Detect) so that shows when I open RadeonPro. If I then select the AA options I see 16x at the bottom but if I try to click on it it disappears and doesn't appear again (so the highest selectable setting is 24x) as long as I don't reboot or exit RadeonPro and reload it.

It's no big deal though, I just thought you'd want to know of any issues, however minor. 32x CFAA (Wide Tent) is showing properly though.

13. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Very minor. I notice that when I start my machine and RP fires up I see the menu for a spit second. I never noticed this before. Using Verde skin btw.

Yes I have it set to minimize on start up.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It was a little trick to reproduce the error, but I just made it. And fixed it :)

This window flash is needed to setup the Jumplist when the program is configured to start minimized. Before (without the Jumplist feature) it was not needed.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates

07/04/2010 - New build 1.0.7.34

- Added: Add New Profile Wizard
    - Fixed: Jumplist shortcuts stops working after some time
    -- Skin updates
    --- Verde
    ---- Fixed: CFAA Edge Detect shows invalid option when profile is switched from another one that use another AA filter method

- Known issues:
    -- Favorites and Recently played items in Jumplist are not being kept between sessions, it'll be fixed in a future build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The wizard is a nice friendly touch. Thanks, japamd.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    small note japamd the profile wizard button has the name Toolstripbutton1 :)

the wizard looks very nice :thumbup:

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Problem: I have verde skin on. But no favorites/recently played items in jumplist is shown.

Ill try a full reinstall, alrdy tried cache.

Something i could be missing?

Edit: Tried reinstall, no luck

windows 7 x64 spanish language

19. Floppyflip

Floppyflip Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 2GB
    Hmmm... just a small request. Is it possible to implement the old triggers in radeonpro instead of the new location based triggers?

Or maybe make it an option to choose between both?

The reason being is that some games like half life:blue shift apparently has the same .exe filename as half life so adding an entry produces some weird results.

No rush. :)

20. xpeedx

xpeedx Member

GPU:
    ATi HD 6870
    2-byte languages (korean, japan...) - menu show cut
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.