*New* Monthly ATI Driver/Team slagging thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    As title, thought it was about time we had a seperate thread every month for this, instead of having the driver released threads ruined with page after page of it, so without further ado.........

This months garbage :- Catalyst 10.7

OpenGL still shagged, high idle clock remains when overdrive unlocked, the BFBC2 slow loading bug, oh yes, it is back once again, customary hotfix will be released in several days (after driver officially released of course), bringing with it, even more bugs/crap performance, the driver teams a joke, ATi just can't do drivers at all, wish i stuck with Nvidia :bang::bang:

Next.........

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The BFBC2 load time fix was working fine for me in 10.6 WHQL. Seems like a sad troll attempt to me.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  3. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    What the hell is troll.. Like seems everyone is a troll and remember you can only kill troll with fire or acid!

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You must be referring to the greatness that is Nvidia's disappearing profiles and flash video crashing or drivers that cause the fan to stop working?

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its not, read the big 10.6 thread (and every single ATi monthly driver thread before it), and you'll see what i posted, is whats constantly posted in those threads, now i don't want to wade though page after page of it every single month in the drivers are out/released threads (and im sure i wont be the only one either, as after 10+ years of it now, i bet everyone else is also getting damn sick), so i started a seperate one for all the slaggings, and will do the same every month now.

A seperate thread every month for all the ATi slagging is the way forward, be so much easier, as now no one will have to wade through page after page of garbage, looking for a decent positive post, where someone says they are fine ect..., as the driver out/released thread, should now only contain about a couple of posts. :)

6. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    If you hate Ati drivers so much, then why haven't you moved to the Green side?

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't hate ATi drivers, they are fine for me, but they are terrible, reading through the drivers are out/released threads every month will show you that, as i said above.

Just look at the 10.6 thread, its 19 pages long so far, with only about 5 posts that are not slagging ATi, or the drivers dotted about through all of them, now won't it be much easier this way, this thread every month for the hundreds of pages of slaggings, leaving the main xxx driver now out/released threads, to contain the 5 or so positive posts on a single page, no more wading through all the crap :)

8. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well then your doing it wrong, cause it worked fine for me. Loads in under 9 seconds.

9. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    there are no user errors only ati making crap drivers everytime

:wanker:

seriously i havent had a single error/problem/thing not working since i got my card at the launch

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im not, as i don't even have the game, i just posted what everyone else is going to post when the drivers are finally released, like they have been doing, month after month, year after year :p

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So you made a thread about having problems with ATI drivers, despite them being "fine" for you just so you could feel a twinge of happiness because your name was in the first post?

Well congratulations. You made a thread.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah. ok 10.6 was crap and it took me awhile to revert back to 10.3b..

but apart from that my perf is much better than when i was on my 295. very happy.

just bit bored of my games collection atm...

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well, you don't get it :)

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Here is an idea instead of trolling these boards....GO SEND AN EMAIL OR COMPLAINT TO AMD ON THEIR FORUM.

Otherwise this thread is just here so you can rant and bitch. There is no reason to have a "single complaint thread" whether for a certain driver set or all of them. This is a user to user forum, not a place where ATI driver team wades through to get every single one of your opinions. When a new driver is released a thread is made by us (the users) in order to know where the driver is, and so people can know did X work for you, or how Y is fixed.

Sometimes drivers work good for some people and others with different cards work bad, that is why we make the threads.

FYI 10.7 is still 15-18 days away from typical release. Why you complaining about a driver that isn't even out yet...well typical troll fashion.

15. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    failed sarcasm???!?!?!?!

16. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    kinda but you get the point

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    As i know the driver is going to be a buggy messed crock of crap already, and that ATi are utterly useless ect..., everyone in here should by now, as thats whats posted constantly in the drivers are out threads, every single month, and has been posted monthly for the past 10+ years now as i said.

You'll see im right, when the drivers are finally released, as you will when the 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11.......... are to :D

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I don't get what does 'fine' here mean. Since both sides green and red are making bullsh1t mistakes profiling idioticy and someone actually consider neither of them actually are making 'drivers' any longer.

that's just plain stupid I mean.

Sure, I admit the current OGL sucks as new has been developed on top of old and not separated by profiling. Games like BF:BC2 loads badly because drivers suck not the profiling and on NVIDIA side PhysX idioticy with a cherry of these 'XX% improvement on thing X' is like mother of all 4uck ups, but it all fly's as people are even more stupid to believe such sh1t and not demand 'drivers' like here this topic just listing errors and blaming everyone to be on 'some side'.

19. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So your complaining about something that doesn't even effect you, not only that but your complaining it's broken when it isn't. Seriously man, stop trolling and just contact ATI if you have a problem.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Other than blatant trolling of course.

Agreed, and I've stated this many times. If he actually thinks Nvidia is any better then he's wrong. I'm not saying they're not better than ATi in different areas because they are, but both companies have their own annoyances with each driver released.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im not trolling, like IPlayNaked, your not getting it either ;)