Metro 2034

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ibitato

ibitato Guest

If the game goes like the 2034 book, meh......
    2033 book was much better

2. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    Where did you see it run like "crap" on a GTX480? Do you own one? My system (see profile) runs the game out-freaking-standing, with averages of 55-45frames, with very infrequent dips into low 40's.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im a graphics whore, i want 60fps vsynced constant. i blame pc gaming for this!

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i supposed u were blaming south Africans for this and their national instrument vuvuzela.

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Its all relative to what you want/perceive/feel as to be smooth gameplay.

I have to run mine on @ 1920x1080,dx10,high preset,AAA to have smooth gameplay.

Anything higher results in it feeling very sluggish in many areas. I like my games to feel smooth- so I can forget i'm sitting in front of this computer like a geek and be immersed.

Therefor i'd say it was very unoptimised. No other game I have do I have to compromise so much on settings.
    It doesn't even look that good for the performance.

Not even excited about the sequel.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    sry but that's crap to me.. and i bet if you turn on 4xmsaa its gonna be even worse.

off topic
    , continue :nerd:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  7. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I was really excited when I heard news about a second game - I can't wait for it! I loved the first one. It's one of my favourite storylines in a video games in a LONG time.

8. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Looking forward to it myself & I hope they can flesh the world out a bit more, less linearity, side quests etc.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    naaa, i just wanted to call myself a graphic whore for once. especially since im far from that.

10. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    No way for a guy with DX10.1 gpu to call himself a graphic whore in times of DX11 :wanker:
    JK, relax. Anyway, I gave this a second thought and decided that there's a big chance of fail. Just remember what "them russians" did with Stalker:CS after a glorious original... I personally had to wait for 1.5 years to play it properly (with proper patches\hardware\Windows 7 released). Since this team is mainly a former Stalker team, I guess the history may repeat itself.

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Don't forget though that the first STALKER had plenty of issues when it was first released and took a few patches to get right. Metro 2033 on the other hand I haven't had any issues with.

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    How can you compare the two? Metro 2033 is a linear corridor action story base game.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i purchased CRAYOSTASIS last night on steam at 3.45 dollars or something lol..i ave the D2D version already but...u know..i like steam..anyway

it seems like CRYO. also stresses my PC too..all max FULL HD + ADV. PHYSX and PHYSX ON mostly around 20-30 FPS or LOWER..just wow 0_o..reminded me METRO 2033 but METRO runs more smooth on me..interesting.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    cant you turn physx OFF ? i bet you will get smooth performane then.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah probably but i want them at max..besides, there is JOYSTICK DEAD ZONE in the options but u cant use gamepad :(, this kind of games r smoother with gamepad..i mean u feel lag with mouse..but not with gamepad :)..this is why METRO feels like i play at 70-80 FPS but the real FPS is around 30-60

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm interesting, ill give a go with the gamepad sometime this weekend. :thumbup:

17. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    on a 5850 you looking at 1080p dx10, 'high', aaa, (no msaa)
    oddly i noticed little or no performance loss on dx11 (dof,tess) but the biggest hit was certainly AA and very high mode with its huge megapixel shadows and lighting

anyways i now run metro on 'normal' dx10 ,aaa and it doesnt look too bad still @ 6144 x 1152 resolution and runs easily into the high 40`s

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Runs everything maxed out in DX11 1920x1080 in AAA quite decently. Problem is Advanced DOF, it cuts the fps in half. But imho it's worth it to have it on.

19. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    On normal AAA doesn't get enable. If you check at the bottom of your settings you will see AAA disabled. For AAA to work you need Very High Quality preset.

Quote from Hardocp http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/04/05/metro_2033_directx_11_gameplay_performance_iq/3

Code:
    Again note that AAA only operates in the "Very High" Quality setting. If you have AAA selected in any other quality setting, AA will be disabled completely.

20. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    performance wise: it makes a difference to have a highly oc'd gtx480 and a high-end cpu with loads of fast ram to top it off. whoever nags that it runs slow should maybe remember crysis, which STILL after 2 years release time runs like at 35fps on enthousiast settings.

gameplay wise: a very immersive game, once you turn on russian speech instead of the english translation. of course if you don't speak any russian you are at a disadvantage in this game. I found the english voice to be less immersive, in part due to adaptation of dialogues, which do not match the original ones 1:1.

sequel wise: with some proper marketing and even more innovation coupled with optimization of performance it could be a potential success. Bundling it with next gen / refresh dx11 cards will certainly help.

on "perception of smooth gameplay": coming of the gtx295, which has terrible micro stutters when frames are low, the 40-55fps in metro2033 on a gtx480 feels like heaven. Vsync off of course to avoid any possible input lag.