Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I have a Logitech G5 with default settings in the Setpoint software.

If it's not a problem for everyone I'd certainly like to find the cause, it's odd it's only Frostbite games though.

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @HulkHack: Sometimes network lag can cause the game to jerk around for me, and I'm not just talking about the rubber banding. The game used to feel very clunky, but I got used to that. For most of the time it feels rather fluid, but sometimes... I don't know. It feels a little gritty, like micro-stutter. Not sure whether that could be poor network or poor performance.

Off the top of my head, I would say to look at the drivers as the culprit. Refresh Catalyst and DirectX.

@Veteran: No doubt every feature which has been put into a Battlefield game shines through teamwork. It's just a sad reality that teamwork exists only in the minds of the few.

This is sort of like the point I was making before. Who do you make the game for? Do you put the emphasis on teamwork and make the game for experienced players? Do you put the emphasis on firepower and the ability to become a one man army?

@Laughing Ma: There are some realities of combat you can not overcome:

-Shotguns really hurt up close
    -Sniper rifles really hurt when they get you in the head
    -Catching a CarlG really hurts you and others
    -The M60 is a really big friggin' gun

You can't get over it, but you can try to find a side door and go around it:

-Shotguns are not very effective if you don't get close enough
    -Snipers tend to be very stupid, they also lack automatic fire
    -CarlGs really hurt. Generally, if you see a guy pointing one at you, you are already dead. You may have enough sense to run, but most of the time your last thought will be "Why is that guy standing and pointing at me?"
    -The M60 is a really, really big gun. Don't stand in front of the end where death emerges, you could even try the same plan of attack with the CarlGs.

You could also see it like this. If everyone is Assault they have no one to take the tanks. If everyone is Engineer they will soon run out of bullets. If everyone is Medic they will soon be in a sh!tstorm of revives, or running out of bullets. If everyone is Sniper everyone will get shot in some form. You just need to be in the right place at the right time, doing your job.

I would also be willing to bet that for every 1000 bans on PB, there is one kid with a thousand alternates.

I don't think I'm uber-leet or whatever, I just LOL@HAX. People say "uhax", I say "lol". I'm just repeating what others say. Blame them. :p

KEEP FIGHTING! Whatever doesn't kill you makes you smarter. Learn from your mistakes. Learn from the excellence of others.

...and don't get griefed. Keep spirits high (and glasses full).

3. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I still don't think the CG is that bad of a weapon (far as overpowered) and no, I don't use it. The only time I don't like it is when you are inside a building and he can use it nearly point blank, which it really shouldnt explode...but when it does, you die and not him.

Other than that, the M60 currently isn't even my preferred LMG, it is the G36, because with the magnum rounds there really isn't a huge difference and with the G36 you get a free optical allowing you to pick up either extra ammo, faster run pack, or medic range.

Personally, I feel sniper rifles kind of suck, with the sometimes horrible hit registry you can rarely hit someone and kill them unless they are sitting still. Then you look at a weapon like a .50 BMG and they for some reason think the only way to get a 1 hit kill is with a head shot, if you ask me, anything hitting center mass should be a kill. Even other rifles not .50 BMG is going to likely be death if you are hit in the torso.

Finding the snipers so limiting (as you can easily be found and revealed to enemies, can only kill stationary targets or already hurt enemies) I typically play sniper with 1911 and G3 or Saiga shotgun. Which, speaking of shotguns, the only real shotgun you can use is the saiga. I still don't understand why they only have like 12 shots or something really low in any of the "pump" shotguns. Or how having the saiga does less damage.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Me a neostead 2000 and the slug addon would say otherwise.

Uh hmmm the VSS has full auto.

Nope my usual last thought is great fought my way to here to be taken out by yet ANOTHER Gustav spamming noob.

Does that tactic work with all guns?

You could also see it like this.

Medic LMG spam, solved by doing what BF2 did, give the Medic Assault Rifles with the same clip size rather than the I can sit here with my uber 200 round clip LMG. Or shock horror they could do what they said they were going to do by a). Making the LMG less accurate over range and less accurate in run and gun, two things they claim to have done and so far haven't.

The Gustav is solved by actually making FF penalites worth something. Hit your own Mcom causing damage you get 110 taken away, that counter acts the idiots that use the Gustav to defend the objective because what's 100 points for killing an attacker if you get 110 points taken away for causing damage to your own Mcom. If you hit a team mate you lose 60 points that counter acts the guys the 50 they would get for killing an attacker that is near or next to a team mate. Suicide with a Gustav again you get 60 points off, no more coming round the corner to find you're up against the Gustav spammer. The current issue is that their is zero thought because the reward outweighs the penalty.

The truly funny thing is both those could be implemented without doing anything to the class balance. The only thing it would do is force the M60 noobs to learn to use ammo correctly rather than sitting there with their finger welded to the fire button and Gustav spammers would actually have to consider their targets location and worth and why the hell the designers gave them a machine gun. Sure it won't stop them picking up the an 64 and spamming that instead but that's another issue all together.

You get called a hack but don't hack ergo everyone who cries hack is wrong... kind of up there with I am a man and i drive a black car ergo every man must drive a black car.

So far everyone of the people that I have managed to gather evidence of hacking has been banned, that's 6 so far. If the game had battlecorder nailing the eyeball / wallhackers the game has so many of would be possible but as it is it is impossible to do that as the game is.

Anyhoo, safe to say that the Medic LMG spam won't be fixed, they won't increase FF penalties on Gustav and other explosive damage, the hit detection will never be fixed; it wasn't fixed in any of the 8 billion other BF games plus patches so I doubt Dice will start now and overall I just bored of this game. Back to L4D2 and CSS I think.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @Stukov: It took me a few games to finally get my eye in for close range snap shooting. Also, the tracer is NOT the bullet, the tracer also moves MUCH slower than the actual bullet.

@Laughing Ma: Really, all I'm trying to do is find your distaste for the game so I can add some salt. I think I may have alleviated Veteran a little, perhaps my sage advice might aid you as well...

Using BF2 as an example really isn't going to change my mind, I don't particularly like what it had become (remember: exploit-fest). Here's what I would think of Medics with assault rifles. Medics need to revive and defend fallen comrades, yes? Wouldn't it be wiser to give a Medic a gun with a large clip so he may more effectively defend fallen comrades? Was it not foolish to give large clips to units who already possess unlimited supplies of ammunition?

Yes, CG spammers are stupid.

But is it really that big a deal some moron is popping around corners and suiciding for a kill? Not really, he will soon get bored.

Is it that big a deal other players must ONLY use the one and most powerful weapon in the game? Not really, it just speaks volumes.

It just seems to me you are blaming other players because you are having a bad time. That is a very bad trap to fall into. Change the game because you aren't winning.

Really. Find some better servers to play on, get some buddies that know how to play (and want to play) so you can partake in a little stomping, then resume one-man-army battle winning machine. KD and score is not everything... it can be an indication and used as a guide, but you are better off judging for yourself.

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    You want to talk about weapons being too powerful? Like too powerful to use? Try this gun:

[​IMG]

There is not a single gun in the game this weapon can defeat outright. Long range, short range... anything. If you try to face off with a guy, you're dead. Any other gun used in it's proper conditions will have a chance against any other gun, but the F2000 is dead in the water.

A close second comes the G3. Although it's not like squirting a stream of bubbles like with the F2000, the recoil this gun has compared to every other gun in the game is stupid. Face off with any other gun without setting up first = dead.

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    imo the cg in this game make the rockets in bf2 look like it takes skill to guide it to the person and I never thought I would be saying that.

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Steam is downloading the new patch.

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    when I 1st got the styler Aug I was amazed at how powerful that gun is dude cause with that gun I can rack up kills with a decent kdr.

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Oh yeah, it's not shooting blanks. But just compare it with any other gun when it comes to long range and medium to long range moving targets. Also, compare the amount of time it takes to kill a soldier from near point blank with any of the guns in the game.

If you're shooting long range it's going to take like 3 times longer to finally drop the guy, and close range it's going to take about twice as long.

One thing it did very nicely was sustained fire to the head. This thing, when combined with an ACOG, could put a three round burst into someone's head. Just hope they don't move much.

People always say some guns are just too powerful. Maybe the other guns are too weak? G3 has been confirmed. ;)

EDIT: Patch is out! Everyone is in BIG trouble:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010

11. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I've always picked the weapons that I like the best or feel more comfortable with. I've never been the type of person to go for anything just because it has a massive, unfair unbalanced/advantage over anything else.

12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I quite liked the f2000, good recoil.

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I like the new patch. It felt like the shots were registering better. The game also felt like it was running smoother/faster. The new maps were pretty coo.

14. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    This but unfortunately I'm crashing alot more :(

Never realised just how good the 870 is with LW. Had like 30-3 K/D, running around pew-pewing everyone.

15. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Guys I know we had a list of what were supposed to change but do we have after the patch was released something official from DICE of what exectly they did with that patch.

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Huh?

The changelist previously posted states what they did with the patch? What more can DICE tell you other than what they placed in that list? :S

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  18. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Radical_53
    Have any links to download this patch or that leaked beta?

19. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    the patch was huge yeah, thank god the v-sync is now solved.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @serp: No, actually I don't. You just have to run the updater and it'll get the patch for you. I ran it this morning and it was already available.