Transformers War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DireBadger, May 6, 2010.

1. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The Eurogamer reviewer is obviously just a bitter prick...he's done hardly any reviews for Eurogamer and it's the only 'average' score I see at Gamerankings.

2. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    gameplay is fun... graphics are ok, a bit childish for my taste, well it is Transformers...
    Hmm... I like how they mated the robots from the cartoons with the robots from the movies :D

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I get 60fps, on 3D Vision :)

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    this is way too bold port, i mean NO GRAPHIC OPTIONS? game capped at 30FPS? the gameplay is good, but because there was no effort of right porting it to pc, i will NOT buy it, in 2010 and no graphic options??? activision....

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Singularity and Transformers WFC are mediocre console ports, get used to this kind of quality from Activision

6. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

Keep in mind this is coming from a HUGE transformers fan.

All I have to say is WOW! I have only played some of the Decepticon campaign and man is this game amazing. The story is great, the gameplay is great, and the presentation is great! Is there a FPS lock? Sure, but in my opinion it doesn't take away from the game at all.

I haven't even tried multiplayer yet, but just based on the campaign this is a MUST BUY!!!!!

7. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    The game is pretty straight forward and fun graphics are decent 60fps would've definitely made it all that much better but I dont think my card woulda been able to handle it anyway so am ok with it probably just gonna play it thru once am really enjoying the autobot missions more so far..

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    3/5 from Giant Bomb: http://www.giantbomb.com/transformers-war-for-cybertron/61-29405/reviews/

Sounds like one of those enjoyable enough games that is completely forgettable a few months after you've finished playing it. And it doesn't sound as woeful as the god-awful Revenge of the Fallen at least. Refuse to buy it though, I was stung badly with the last piece of tripe.

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Wait. You bought a different game, developed by a different company, who only share the same IP in common...so you won't buy this one?

10. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Having seen a friend play this, its pretty entertaining, nothing special in terms of gameplay but the core mechanics work well, shooting is face paced and the transformers setting is nice, graphics are a mixed bunch, some low res stuff mixed with nice character models. It wont win any awards but if you like shooting or 3rd person games thern its worth a play through, i only say about an hour or so but looked pretty decent, will pick it up at some point.

I only realised it was capped at 30fps when i read this thread, thing is i never even noticed, cant we just play the game for what it is instead of whinging about graphic options and caps on fps, would you rather not have the game at-all? sad times we live in.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I've yet to play a good Transformers game so that doesn't help.

But it's not the developer that put's me off, it's the publisher, Activision. If you want any support from them then you're screwed. I've found this out the hard way. I tried for months to get a response from them over the gamma issue with Revenge of the Fallen and they just weren't interested. Similarly, I'd just bought Blur and contacted them about a month ago regarding the stuttering issue. They actually replied after THREE WEEKS but were typically unhelpful. I've, thus, decided that they'll get none of my money from now on as they don't care about their customers once they have their money.

I'm not going to risk buying a game that I may only not like but also have problems with. If there's a demo and it runs OK plus I like the game then I may consider it but until then I'm not convinced that this game is anywhere as good as IGN claims it is. IGN, IMO, are absolutely the worst review site anyway in my experience with a tendency to overrate many games. I trust GameSpot, Eurogamer and GiantBomb more.

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I think 60 FPS would be better, to be honest, but you won't know it unless you compare them directly. It's quite nice at 30FPS. It's kind of like ghostbusters on PC, it has 30FPS and 60FPS options. 30FPS, which is defaults to, is perfectly fine and smooth and playable...but once you try 60FPS, it's difficult to go back. It's just MORE smooth.

13. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    It's still not on Steam for us Europeans, but it's already available on Direct2Drive and...what a rip-off...
    £39.95 for the UK? (~$60.16)
    49.95€ for the EU? (~$61.83)

Go steal someone else, Activision... >_>

14. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I think you need to play the last transformers game to understand where he's coming from.

It, like this game was locked at 30hz, it like this game has almost no graphical settings ( the other one has High or Low )...I think it was textures only, no effects sliders whatsoever, AA also only worked in low mode. It was one of the worst ports of all time... there is reason for concern.

It was a fun game, which is what everyone is saying about this one, but the graphical issues and some insane gamma issue where no adjusting of contast or brightness could make certain aspects of it eventually make the game unplayable for me.

30hz cap, no graphics options...it certainly seems like a bad port with all the same flaws that would inhibit enjoyment of the game that lies burried beneath the bugs.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    gonna try it as soon as i get home and have time, TY!

18. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    good find game runs a lot smoother now :)

19. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    finished it but: i hate the transforming: it could have used more slow animations!
    and the cars and other vehicles more faster!
    in the rest...it's a 7-8!

20. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    plays smoother with unlocked framerate :)